XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Google Wallet (APK: 1.1-R57v5, Play Store: 1.1-R57v5) [09/03/2012]

Tip us?

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy757 View Post
Help: Installed on a Verizon Galaxy Nexus. When I put in my password and it is authorizing, it boots back to the home screen where I can "learn more" or "continue" then it goes again to the licensing agreement page, then back to the log in, then back to the home screen.

Any thoughts?
it did that to me the other day when i flashed aokp 33, try rebooting the phone and then going back into wallet

lazaro17
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by refthemc View Post
Anybody have any luck with the touch screen Coke vending machines? I tried about 4 times and it just kept telling me "CARD DECLINED"
Worked for me the other day on second try. First was on edge and it sent but didn't deduct my money. Second time on 3G worked perfect. Those machines are very cool btw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazaro17 View Post
Worked for me the other day on second try. First was on edge and it sent but didn't deduct my money. Second time on 3G worked perfect. Those machines are very cool btw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
yea i will be honest, with little to no data it gets a bit sketchy and can scare you. it takes a bit to kick in and gave me a scare the other day when i bought something for my gf's bday in the downstairs macys as for some odd reason i had like no service down there but perfection on the 2nd and 3rd floors

xxprodigyxx11
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Looks like the new sprint folks are getting a 50 buck bonus with a new wallet account. According to @Android twitter. Sucks Verizon can't even get basic support.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

NyPlaya513
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxprodigyxx11 View Post
Looks like the new sprint folks are getting a 50 buck bonus with a new wallet account. According to @Android twitter. Sucks Verizon can't even get basic support.

10 bucks like us at first, 40 at a later date

and thats what they get for their carrier being the only one that didnt sign with damn Isis

Protonus
Old
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8ion View Post
It's because you shouldn't have to. I've flashed multiple CM nightlies with no Google Wallet problems. Note: I just wipe Dalvik cache. AOKP flashers may need to wipe data because it's less of a stable ROM.
Wallet is just a novelty I'm tiring of as it's just not accepted many places. The point is to make a physical wallet unnecessary but it's far from that vision. The fact that there are even Secure Element issues further support that point.
You have to wipe data when moving major android versions or changing large portions of the framework etc. That's why AOKP reccomends data wipe with each flash. Regardless, I came from stock 4.0.2 to AOKP 4.0.4 which is why I had to wipe, you'd have to do the same flashing most any ROM at that point.

Google Wallet is accepted almost anywhere around here (Rochester, NY) because almost everybody has paypass terminals now. In fact it's rare that I CAN'T use wallet.

However now I can't use it all. I'm very surprised no one has figured out a way to fix this yet.
Verizon HTC DNA - on Viper DNA 3.5.0 (Android 4.4.2, Sense 5.5)
Clie S300-> Clie TG50 -> XV6800 -> Touch Pro2 -> Fascinate -> Galaxy Nexus -> DNA

Evangelion01
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
However now I can't use it all. I'm very surprised no one has figured out a way to fix this yet.
If you're talking about secure element issues: the secure element locks itself and I believe it's permanent. That's why nobody has figured out a way to fix it yet.

innov8ion
Old
(Last edited by innov8ion; 24th April 2012 at 10:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
You have to wipe data when moving major android versions or changing large portions of the framework etc. That's why AOKP reccomends data wipe with each flash. Regardless, I came from stock 4.0.2 to AOKP 4.0.4 which is why I had to wipe, you'd have to do the same flashing most any ROM at that point.
Yes, I reset Google Wallet before wiping data when flashing from stock to CM9. It's just a bit of a hassle to have to do it when flashing nightlies which is why I'm running CM9 instead of AOKP.

Quote:
Google Wallet is accepted almost anywhere around here (Rochester, NY) because almost everybody has paypass terminals now. In fact it's rare that I CAN'T use wallet.
PayPass penetration has probably only reached 5-10% of all POS systems nationwide. Eric Schmidt of Google suggested last June that 1 in 3 POS terminals would support NFC within a year but those numbers seem far off. Additionally, Wallet is only compatible with Citi credit cards and two or three phones. Wallet is dying, to be honest.

Google's only hope is that the NFC POS that Isis will use is compatible with Google Wallet. It's rolling out soon and hopefully it will hasten the penetration of NFC POS systems. Also, one wonders what Apple will do but they're usually late to the game.

Quote:
For everyone's sake, I hope that Google can fix this in a future update. Good luck.

Invalid111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Download directly on Play Store

You can now download and install the Google Wallet directly from Play Store no hacks needed. I just downloaded onto my Galaxy Nexus few minutes ago

superbobup
Old
(Last edited by superbobup; 24th April 2012 at 09:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invalid111 View Post
You can now download and install the Google Wallet directly from Play Store no hacks needed. I just downloaded onto my Galaxy Nexus few minutes ago
Just tried it on T-Mobile and it works!
But I forgot to wipe my old Wallet after flashing a new ROM and am not getting the secure element error...
I think restoring a backup of Wallet from before the flash, wiping Wallet and redownloading will fix it. Can anyone confirm?

Edit: obviously that just restores the apk -_-'' time to restore a full backup and wipe wallet. Thanks for the how to in the OP

Tags
flash, galaxy nexus, google wallet