5,606,722 Members 37,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ APP ][ ROOT ][ FREE ] Push Notifications Fixer

Tip us?

andQlimax
Old
(Last edited by andQlimax; 26th February 2013 at 10:43 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Default [ APP ][ ROOT ][ FREE ] Push Notifications Fixer

Hi everyone,

Do you have delayed push notifications with Gtalk, GMail, Whatsapp, Facebook, etc?
This app its for you! Its FREE and have NO banners, please consider a donation from the app.

Read everything in the official thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2142503

Download here: PLAY STORE LINK (or get the attached APK in case not available on your country for some reason)

Please, if the are problems dont rate bad, send me an email ( ask.andqlimax@gmail.com ) or post the problem in this thread and I'll answer you as soon as possible.
Google Nexus 5 | Stock Rom | Rooted | Xposed
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Delayed Push Notifications? Push Notifications Fixer
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to andQlimax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nefasto
Old
(Last edited by Nefasto; 24th January 2013 at 09:29 AM.) Reason: grammatical error
Thanks Meter 4
just tried 4-5 times the reboot.
Only 2 times setted the heartbeat...is it possible that depend to the order of the app launch?
I think it works only if your app play before the gtalk start...

don't really know

really thanks for your effort

andQlimax
Old
(Last edited by andQlimax; 24th January 2013 at 10:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Ciao,

When your phone boot, the app set the new heartbeat value and then kill com.google.gsf process already, so when that process restart it should read the new value

I did some tests and it seems to work, I will try to replicate the problem.

Do you have Superuser or SuperSU? I tested it with SuperSU, it could be a problem with getting the su rights at the boot maybe (I have to improve that part of the code)

Thanks for the feedback!
Galaxy Nexus GSM GT-I9250 (maguro) | yakju | TWRP 2.4.1.0 | BOOTLOADER PRIMEMD04 | RADIO XXLJ1 | Stock JWR66Y 4.3 + Root
HTC Desire GSM A8181 (bravo) AMOLED| PVT1 | HBOOT 0.93.1000 S-OFF CM7r1 | 4EXT Touch Recovery | RADIO 32.56.00.32U_5.17.05.23 | CM 7 Nightly | A2SD 512MB EXT4
Nokia N70

Nefasto
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i'm using "superuser" but in the log of the app i see that had release the root privilege.
I'll try superSU

yokonunz
Old
Thanks Meter 92
IT: Sei un genio!!!! Era la app che cercavo da anni!!!
EN: Thank you so much!!!! You are a genius!
Phone:SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE N7000
ROM: **[KitKat][4.4.2][Omni]Team Asylum Omni 4.4.2 Naughties™: Slim, Fast and Black Rum™**
MicroSD: 8GB Class 6
Radio:BOLT1

Phone:HTC DESIRE Z (G2)
ROM: CyanogenMOD 7 Gingerbread 2.3.3
Radio:LATEST

Free space for both:

DROPBOX INVITES: http://db.tt/MuAczaU

andQlimax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefasto View Post
i'm using "superuser" but in the log of the app i see that had release the root privilege.
I'll try superSU
did you tried with the latest version of the app (1.2) if the heartbeat interval its set correclty at boot?

I did lot reboots, and its always come set..I open the app set the value, for example 6 minutes, leave the app, reboot, after the phone boot completely from gtalk service monitor the value is 6, i did several tests like that and works

let me know, thanks
Nokia N70

_Tallis_
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hi,

you are my hero! Seriously! I tried so many things, so many apps, every setting on my phone and router, but nothing worked. And then I installed your app and bang - problem solved! Finally I can enjoy instant notifications and don't have to worry about losing the wifi connection anymore.

bixirulo
Old
(Last edited by bixirulo; 31st January 2013 at 01:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Hello! thanks for your work! I've a problem. I set the value to, for example, 5 min. , leave app and the value in gtalk service monitor is 5, ok. Now if I reboot and, when phone start, I put fastly pin code, I see my desktop, and few seconds after that I see supersu advice giving root access, I see gtalk service monitor and all ok (value 5), BUT, if I reboot and don't enter my pin fastly, (I wait a minute for example) when I do it, then in gtalk service monitor value is 28 minutes and I must open your app and set 5 min. again.

I hope I have explained well, sorry for my english

I use Xperia Neo V PACman rom (JB)

Thanks!

edit: I just read this post. waiting for this. thanks andQlimax

andQlimax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 818

DONATE TO ME
Just pushed the new version, it will be available on the play store soon

Version 1.3, 2013/01/31 :
- New: If needed, the heartbeat its set every time the phone connects to wifi or 3g

This should avoid GSF from changing the heartbeat interval you set in the app

I'm sorry for lazy updates, but I'm busy at work lately

Donate if you like!
Nokia N70

The Following User Says Thank You to andQlimax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bafiollo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Cloud Search Openwrt

Hi,

does anyone have a good idea on how to fix this on the router side? I am running Openwrt on mine, so I have complete access to the configuration.
After a first search, it seems the value:
net.netfilter.nf_conntrack_tcp_timeout_established =3600
should be quite sufficient. Is there some other parameter that could fix these timeouts?

Thank you

Fabio