Best app for controlling your PC/Mac from phone

Search This thread

Flink123

Dec 9, 2013
Hi, All:
The other day I needed to study and take notes on a few Powerpoint slides, so I decided to take over the living television and make it my giant computer monitor. The only problem was, my HDMI cable didn't reach the couch, so I needed to find a way to remotely control my laptop. After a few minutes of browsing the Play Store, I found WiFi Mouse. One Android app install and one quick and easy computer app install later, all I had to do was tap the "auto connect" button and I was up and running. My Galaxy Nexus became a trackpad that was connected via my home WiFi network. There's even a scroll wheel in portrait mode, as well as the ability to use the Android keyboard for typing. I was also able to scroll using two finger gestures and move windows and icons using three fingers. All these features were included in the free version that I downloaded, which met my needs perfectly. For those that want extra features like hotkeys, dedicated minimize/maximize/close buttons, and an in-app keyboard, there is a paid version available for $2.99.

The forum link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156808

Last edited:

Danzanzio

Apr 10, 2011
Florissant
I just use team viewer. I can also access my laptop from my phone from work or school with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

isajoo

Oct 17, 2012
I just use team viewer. I can also access my laptop from my phone from work or school with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

+1

Team viewer is really handy, use it to help out the folks for trouble shooting their PCs, has saved me a lot of time/$ not having to drive there since they forgot how to print/upload/login.
LOL

JuanG

Jan 24, 2011
Real vnc is the best for me. You need a dynamic dns if you want to connect from Internet but it is very smooth and secure.

YOU.KEY

Dec 5, 2013
Really easy to use and to install, and a really good app overall.
WiFi Mouse maybe the best remote control app.

luck33

Jan 29, 2014
Hi, All:
The other day I needed to study and take notes on a few Powerpoint slides, so I decided to take over the living television and make it my giant computer monitor. The only problem was, my HDMI cable didn't reach the couch, so I needed to find a way to remotely control my laptop. After a few minutes of browsing the Play Store, I found WiFi Mouse. One Android app install and one quick and easy computer app install later, all I had to do was tap the "auto connect" button and I was up and running. My Galaxy Nexus became a trackpad that was connected via my home WiFi network. There's even a scroll wheel in portrait mode, as well as the ability to use the Android keyboard for typing. I was also able to scroll using two finger gestures and move windows and icons using three fingers. All these features were included in the free version that I downloaded, which met my needs perfectly. For those that want extra features like hotkeys, dedicated minimize/maximize/close buttons, and an in-app keyboard, there is a paid version available for $2.99.

The forum link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156808

Works well and love sitting on the couch and being able to surf the web.

kyle5077

Oct 14, 2010
Phone My PC (http://softwareforme.com/?page_id=6) is by far the best imho. Rather then have to move the mouse around, you can just click on any area of the screen.

Aside from that, if you enable RDP on your computer you can use Microsoft's offical RDP app.

Chrome also just put out an official Android App for Chrome's remote desktop extension.