Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best app for controlling your PC/Mac from phone

Tip us?

luck33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flink123 View Post
Hi, All:
The other day I needed to study and take notes on a few Powerpoint slides, so I decided to take over the living television and make it my giant computer monitor. The only problem was, my HDMI cable didn't reach the couch, so I needed to find a way to remotely control my laptop. After a few minutes of browsing the Play Store, I found WiFi Mouse. One Android app install and one quick and easy computer app install later, all I had to do was tap the "auto connect" button and I was up and running. My Galaxy Nexus became a trackpad that was connected via my home WiFi network. There's even a scroll wheel in portrait mode, as well as the ability to use the Android keyboard for typing. I was also able to scroll using two finger gestures and move windows and icons using three fingers. All these features were included in the free version that I downloaded, which met my needs perfectly. For those that want extra features like hotkeys, dedicated minimize/maximize/close buttons, and an in-app keyboard, there is a paid version available for $2.99.

The forum link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2156808
Works well and love sitting on the couch and being able to surf the web.

kyle5077
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Phone My PC (http://softwareforme.com/?page_id=6) is by far the best imho. Rather then have to move the mouse around, you can just click on any area of the screen.

Aside from that, if you enable RDP on your computer you can use Microsoft's offical RDP app.

Chrome also just put out an official Android App for Chrome's remote desktop extension.

edaniell
Old
Thanks Meter 3
WiFi Mouse works perfect, auto connect and full screen keyboard are what i want.

tty1234
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Good app, it suitable for close control of the computer. Respond rapidly.

coolz2
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for sharing this awesome app, saving me a lot of money for a BT mouse.