5,605,250 Members 38,094 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [23.08.13]

Tip us?

bengals1975
Old
Thanks Meter 71
It's not really that big of a deal to me, but when you add a bootanimation to the OP maybe you could link to the post instead of a direct download link. That way if somebody wants to click "thanks" for someone's work they can.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me, but just sayin.

wilskywalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals1975 View Post
It's not really that big of a deal to me, but when you add a bootanimation to the OP maybe you could link to the post instead of a direct download link. That way if somebody wants to click "thanks" for someone's work they can.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal to me, but just sayin.
I see what you mean. The majority of the links direct you to the main thread for the animation anyway, the ones with a direct link are posted mostly in this thread. It didn't occur to me until recently that it would be better to link to the actual post, you will find that the links lower down the list do do this.

I would be happy to update the older links to help people say thanks, but can't seem to find an easy way to track the posts down unfortunately, if someone knows how please let me know!

bengals1975
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilskywalker View Post
I see what you mean. The majority of the links direct you to the main thread for the animation anyway, the ones with a direct link are posted mostly in this thread. It didn't occur to me until recently that it would be better to link to the actual post, you will find that the links lower down the list do do this.

I would be happy to update the older links to help people say thanks, but can't seem to find an easy way to track the posts down unfortunately, if someone knows how please let me know!

I wouldn't worry about fixing old ones. That would be a pain and probably isn't worth it unless someone specifically requests you to. I'm probably the only one who even noticed, and I'm not complaining (although it sure sounds like it).

ArmanUV
Old
Thanks Meter 222
I have a suggestion: changelog in OP
I think it would make it easier to track what's added.
Galaxy Nexus GSM

wilskywalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals1975 View Post
I wouldn't worry about fixing old ones. That would be a pain and probably isn't worth it unless someone specifically requests you to. I'm probably the only one who even noticed, and I'm not complaining (although it sure sounds like it).
Nothing wrong with making suggestions buddy, if anyone requests I can try and update older links. Rest assured all future links will be to the post or thread rather than direct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanUV View Post
I have a suggestion: changelog in OP
I think it would make it easier to track what's added.
I have always updated the date stamp to indicate new content has been added to the thread and the boot animations are always added to the bottom of the list to make them easy for people to find, a sort of changelog in itself.

I could possibly add notes at the top of the thread about newly integrated tutorials and mods etc though?

sian391
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Hello
may have to boot galaxy nexus??

youtube.com/watch?v=L4SyE3BrGYg&feature=related

wilskywalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by sian391 View Post
Hello
may have to boot galaxy nexus??

youtube.com/watch?v=L4SyE3BrGYg&feature=related
It's definitely possible, will add it to my list of animations to make, no promises or etas though lol!

sian391
Old
Thanks Meter 87
ok lol
: P

msmall22
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I see in 'Gummy's' latest rom that 'Bamf' has produced a bootanimation with sound (all be it slightly abstract) is it now possible to do this for custom boots?

wilskywalker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmall22 View Post
I see in 'Gummy's' latest rom that 'Bamf' has produced a bootanimation with sound (all be it slightly abstract) is it now possible to do this for custom boots?
I have had a look at the BAMF and Gummy ROM's, the only obvious difference I can see is that there is a .mp3 file in the root of the /system/media file along with the boot animation.

It surely cannot be this simple though, why has it taken so long for these to appear in ROM's for the Gnex?

There must be some xml edits or something somewhere else to make this work, surely?

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great!! Thanks!!

Tags
bootanimation, howto, maguro, tutorial