Post Reply

[BOOTANIMATIONS LINKS/INFO] [TUTORIAL] Galaxy Nexus Custom Boot Animations [23.08.13]

OP wilskywalker

22nd April 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #221  
Member
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Hmm that might be a plan. I'll give that a try and by then I'll have the post count to upload it!
23rd April 2012, 01:26 PM   |  #222  
asphaltsally's Avatar
Member
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 1
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Hi, all. I'm a noob and am having a blast making boot animations thanks to all the great info on this thread! When I try to add sound, using modaco's tutorial here
http://android.modaco.com/topic/3433...d-if-you-want/
I get an error when entering the text into terminal emulator. It says
No such user 'root:shell'
after I enter sh bootsound.sh
Anyone else have this problem? Know what I'm doing wrong? thanks in advance.
23rd April 2012, 10:55 PM   |  #223  
Member
Flag Oshawa
Thanks Meter: 6
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Normandy SR2 loading screen from Mass Effect 2, converted into a bootscreen

Normandy SR2 bootscreen

Err I didnt make a gif of it, but there is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1096
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1021307  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MuT7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #224  
wilskywalker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltsally

Hi, all. I'm a noob and am having a blast making boot animations thanks to all the great info on this thread! When I try to add sound, using modaco's tutorial here
http://android.modaco.com/topic/3433...d-if-you-want/
I get an error when entering the text into terminal emulator. It says
No such user 'root:shell'
after I enter sh bootsound.sh
Anyone else have this problem? Know what I'm doing wrong? thanks in advance.

I am not sure this part of the tutorial works for Gnex currently unfortunately, sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to wilskywalker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #225  
wilskywalker's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
New animation added!

Mass Effect 2: Normandy SR2 by: MuT7

Last edited by wilskywalker; 27th April 2012 at 08:32 PM.
24th April 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #226  
HuskerWebhead's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Omaha
Thanks Meter: 139
 
295 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
LCARS boot animation:



http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1616111
Last edited by HuskerWebhead; 24th April 2012 at 07:27 PM.
25th April 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #227  
asphaltsally's Avatar
Member
Flag Spokane, WA
Thanks Meter: 1
 
55 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilskywalker

I am not sure this part of the tutorial works for Gnex currently unfortunately, sorry.

Oh, thanks!
25th April 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #228  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
i have been trying to get the "haters gonna hate" boot animation working on my nexus but i can't seem to get the size right. I have it in 480*800 but when i resize the images to 720*1280 and change the resolution in the desc.txt, i get a black screen instead of the bootanimation.
can anybody help?

here is the link to the boot animation
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/b...tanimation.zip
27th April 2012, 05:31 AM   |  #229  
bengals1975's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 83
 
298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by romainpicou

i have been trying to get the "haters gonna hate" boot animation working on my nexus but i can't seem to get the size right. I have it in 480*800 but when i resize the images to 720*1280 and change the resolution in the desc.txt, i get a black screen instead of the bootanimation.
can anybody help?

here is the link to the boot animation
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/b...tanimation.zip

Here, give this a shot. It worked on my phone.

All I did was crop the images so they would be the right size ratio (I made them 480X720). In order to do this I lost some of the space on the top and the bottom. You could probably resize them like you mention and keep the space on top and bottom but the animation will look a little squished.

If I were to guess what the problem was from what you did this is what I would guess:
1. You used the windows built in file zipper
2. You opened or did anything with the desc.txt file with notepad

Both of these programs will mess up the files. two great free utilities for these applications are 7zip and notepad++
The Following User Says Thank You to bengals1975 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 09:09 AM   |  #230  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals1975

Here, give this a shot. It worked on my phone.

All I did was crop the images so they would be the right size ratio (I made them 480X720). In order to do this I lost some of the space on the top and the bottom. You could probably resize them like you mention and keep the space on top and bottom but the animation will look a little squished.

If I were to guess what the problem was from what you did this is what I would guess:
1. You used the windows built in file zipper
2. You opened or did anything with the desc.txt file with notepad

Both of these programs will mess up the files. two great free utilities for these applications are 7zip and notepad++

Awesome, I got it working! thanks for your help!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, howto, maguro, tutorial
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes