Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 37,157 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call Recording

Tip us?
 
impass3093
Old
#111  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy View Post
Install skvalex's alsa, his app from the link provided a couple of pages behind. In preferences choose kernel or alsa (I am using kernel and it works for me) in record calls from.
Thanks. I am using franco's kernel? will that work?
 
!crazy
Old
#112  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 415
Posts: 1,580
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by impass3093 View Post
Thanks. I am using franco's kernel? will that work?
Don't know, didn't try. I am using faux's 015 u.
 
impass3093
Old
(Last edited by impass3093; 15th April 2012 at 08:39 PM.)
#113  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 35
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy View Post
Don't know, didn't try. I am using faux's 015 u.
Well, I just made a test call. It didn't record (unless I did something stupid). I'm using franco's kernel with AOKP B31. Call Recorder was granted super user permissions before and after call, but no call recording appeared.

Can you suggest a good kernel?

EDIT: Still doesn't work at all. The notification pops up but does not record any calls. Tried with alsa as well as kernel recording. Nothing works.
The Following User Says Thank You to impass3093 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kobik77
Old
(Last edited by kobik77; 15th April 2012 at 08:47 PM.)
#114  
kobik77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 570
Posts: 775
Join Date: Jan 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
For me sometimes it's working and sometimes nothing happens at all.
* Installed AlsaMixer
* ROM AOKP B31
* Kernel faux 14
 
!crazy
Old
#115  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 415
Posts: 1,580
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by impass3093 View Post
Well, I just made a test call. It didn't record (unless I did something stupid). I'm using franco's kernel with AOKP B31. Call Recorder was granted super user permissions before and after call, but no call recording appeared.

Can you suggest a good kernel?

EDIT: Still doesn't work at all. The notification pops up but does not record any calls. Tried with alsa as well as kernel recording. Nothing works.
But I told you which kernel I use? Check my previous post (the one you quoted).

---------- Post added at 09:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobik77 View Post
For me sometimes it's working and sometimes nothing happens at all.
* Installed AlsaMixer
* ROM AOKP B31
* Kernel faux 14
What have you set as source to record calls from? Try 015 ultimate, that is what I use and it always works.
The Following User Says Thank You to !crazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
o.m
Old
#116  
o.m's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2012
Default work fine for me, so far XD



it work fine 4me

[NIGHTLY][ROM][GSM] CyanogenMod 9
+
franco.Kernel | 135
(AlsaMixer + CallRecorder_v.1.2_for_testers_build20.apk)
love it, thank you!
 
avs333
Old
(Last edited by avs333; 15th April 2012 at 11:11 PM.)
#117  
avs333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 286
Posts: 203
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvirf View Post
Code:
#TWL6040 Power Mode		High-Performance
TWL6040 Power Mode		Low-Power
should i switch the '#' between them?
I'm afraid # means that the line is commented out (i.e., doesn't matter). Having this, each line is <variable><TABS><value>, where variable is the name of the control you're setting, and TABS is one or more tab (0x9) characters. So any line not conforming to this rule is silently ignored (meaning that # was just for clarity, you may write any text without <TABS> and it will be skipped). Please mind that the spaces are not trimmed, because I was too lazy to fix that, sorry...
The Following User Says Thank You to avs333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
!crazy
Old
#118  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 415
Posts: 1,580
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by avs333 View Post
I'm afraid # means that the line is commented out (i.e., doesn't matter). Having this, each line is <variable><TABS><value>, where variable is the name of the control you're setting, and TABS is one or more tab (0x9) characters. Please mind that the spaces are not trimmed, because I was too lazy to fix that, sorry...
He is probably wondering, why is 'TWL6040 Power Mode' not set to High-Performance in /data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg file, since he changed the value with sklavex Alsa Mixer app. Well it is because Alsa Mixer app doesn't know nothing about Call Recorder, therefore it won't touch anything in it's directory.
The Following User Says Thank You to !crazy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
avs333
Old
(Last edited by avs333; 16th April 2012 at 12:01 AM.)
#119  
avs333's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 286
Posts: 203
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by !crazy View Post
He is probably wondering, why is 'TWL6040 Power Mode' not set to High-Performance in /data/data/com.skvalex.callrecorder/files/live.cfg file, since he changed the value with sklavex Alsa Mixer app. Well it is because Alsa Mixer app doesn't know nothing about Call Recorder, therefore it won't touch anything in it's directory.
As per TI specs, the mode is ensuring the "better sound quality" whatever it may mean... Actually, I see no difference when it is enabled or disabled.
Alsa Mixer is just a front end to the alsa driver, yes it needs to be tuned, but it works, basically...
The Following User Says Thank You to avs333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kobik77
Old
#120  
kobik77's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 570
Posts: 775
Join Date: Jan 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
AlsaMixer and bluetooth makes together a paunfull feedback.
Uninstalling AlsaMixer fixed it but now bluetooth volume on my end is so low I can barely hear the other side.
Can anyone confirm?
Now I'm on cm plus kernel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Like my work? You can buy me a beer


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes