Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

【DoubleX】make yourGN fullscreen apk!【support4.1】

Tip us?

johnboywilson
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafi300 View Post
I just flashed this mod on paulobrien's modaco 4.0.4 and it's working beautifully with the new LMT v0.85 pie feature. No lag, no stutter... Pure full screen! Might even hide the notification bar.. Haha.
Finally full screen enjoyment of our gNexus!

Sent from my gNexus
Hi I am using Paul`s ROM aslo. Would it be possible for you to share your file please.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboywilson View Post
Hi I am using Paul`s ROM aslo. Would it be possible for you to share your file please.
Sorry just seen your upload now....
Current Phones: HTC One, S3, SE Xperia X10i.
Current Tablet: Nexus 7

gifton1
Old
(Last edited by gifton1; 16th February 2012 at 01:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I went ahead and made the mod using the 4.0.4 framework-res.apk. It's just the edited .apk and not flashable. I used adb to push it, but you can probably download one of the flashable .zips in post 1 and put this file in there if you want. This mod is great with LMT Launcher and the pie option.

It's simple to do by yourself . Download the attached working-apktool.zip. Extract it. Double click Command Prompt.bat. Put your framework-res.apk into the same folder. Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". Then, type "apktool d framework-res.apk". It will make a folder called framework-res. Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip). Drag resources.arsc from new.apk to framework-res.apk. Close the windows and you are done. Place it in a flashable .zip from post 1 or use adb.

If you can't get it, post and I or someone can try. I'd rather teach someone how to do it themselves than do it for them .
Hi mwalt2,

Think you have a slight typo in your instructions:

Find bools.xml and follow instructions in post 1. In command prompt, type "apktool b framework-res.apk new.apk". Open (don't extract) framework-res.apk and new.apk with an archive manager (I use 7zip).

I believe that the underlined .apk is not needed?

Also, attached is a version for AOKP23 that uses the Framework for the Nitroz theme, in case anyone is interested. (Edit - sorry, seen someone has already posted this)

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hide_Navbar_AokpBuild23_GSM_Nitroz.zip - [Click for QR Code] (5.09 MB, 16 views)
Current Phone: HTC One
Current Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to gifton1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drmason
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Managed to mod my framework accordingly. While pushing it via adb I got some f/c's. After reboot my google account was gone, and i wasn't able to add a new one due to the fact that the option was missing in the account settings but rest worked fine.

Anyone experienced the same? And thanks for this awsome mod, it rocks with LMT

mrx8836350
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyondinferno View Post
forgot,see it now

treem
Old
Thanks Meter 8
working good

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Isn't it possible to make a Metamorph for this framework-patch? That would be so easy to use and could be used for any ICS Rom :)

s2d4
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by s60mike View Post
Isn't it possible to make a Metamorph for this framework-patch? That would be so easy to use and could be used for any ICS Rom :)
Why dont you give it a shot?
7 H 14min Screen On goo.gl/ybloM

XDA, NOT THIS!!!
FAIL/HOAX/KANG 1.goo.gl/EuO2c 2. goo.gl/iwbWe 3. goo.gl/Dfcfg
Original Developer? 1. goo.gl/n2KH8 2. goo.gl/4Gval
memory scripts with no basic memory knowledge? goo.gl/0wciD
He is working on DK engine? goo.gl/mlg8v
publicly against kang goo.gl/5g6tX
Then Turboboost Kang goo.gl/Z5BDz
built ICS Port to SGS2 with cyanogen and TeamHacksung goo.gl/88azB

uio88
Old
Thanks Meter 34
This is not the full procedure for change,if someone use your procedure receive errors of line 79 ,because have to change the value of plurals.xml for full procedure and full Tablet UI mode on galaxy nexus see my procedure on italian forum have only to translate with google. this is the link http://forum.hdblog.it/f517/tablet-u...y-nexus-63518/

mrx8836350
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by s60mike View Post
U can make a try。

mmeidl78
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2d4 View Post
Why dont you give it a shot?
Don't know how, but I've used a metamorph-mod for customsoftkeys and it was soooo easy :) That's why I've asked if it's possible

Tags
galaxynexus fullscreen