Hi there all
I also have a HTC Sensation XE (Android Version 4.0.3 / HTC Sense Version3.6) and it wont work :/ It always crashed when I start the app.
I tried both versions, the normal one "S-Voice of GS III.apk" with the build.prop which I had to edit 2 lines and the new "svoice-signed.apk" where you have to change nothing. (i rebooted always after the app-install)
I put big effort in it and I am clueless now..
Here is an explanation what I did:
1. I read the whole Thread, no help Then I registered here and saw the xda-noob-video, so funny because I know exactly what you mean... I work at an IT-Helpdesk..
2. First I had to Root my Phone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?t=1632553#
3. i am rooted now, i checked it with this tool: Root Check Basic --> everything fine
4. then i installed the standard-version S-Voice of GS III.apk, opened "root explorer" (which i bought especially for this!), mounted the \system as R/W, edited the build.prop with Jota Text Editor, saved it (original-file got named build.prop.bak), reboot the phone
5. i could start the app, but could never finish the introduction because it always crashed after 2-3 setup steps...
6. then i cleaned everything (deleted the old app, renamed the build.prop.bak back again, reboot the phone, fix permissions in the recovery mode), because i saw there is a new modified app here
7. then I installed the new app svoice-signed.apk, reboot the phone, now it doesnt even start, it always crashes at the beginning...
Is it maybe because my system language of Android is German ?