Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 51,864 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S3 Touchwiz Launcher - Rescaled for Galaxy Nexus - Update: 6/6/12

Tip us?

mystichobo
Old
(Last edited by mystichobo; 6th June 2012 at 11:37 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Default Galaxy S3 Touchwiz Launcher - Rescaled for Galaxy Nexus - Update: 6/6/12

First of all:
DO NOT EVEN DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING NOT WORKING OR IT FORCE CLOSING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS POST

Second (ye olde cyanogen's mega awesome disclaimer):
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this system app before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Ok, now that's over and done with

Description:
This is the GS3 touchwiz launcher, rescaled to work with the Nexus' stock density/resolution, and with an extra homescreen row added to take advantage of the 720p display. It's pretty smooth, Samsung have done a pretty good job

I'm going to be away for a while, moving to Europe to hopefully find a job in my field (if you guys know anyone looking for game artists, please foward them on to my portfolio ) So I probably won't be able to continue work on this until I get settled somewhere. I know Madphone will continue working on it for his TW addon pack, if people are interested in getting the widgets working etc.

Thanks everyone for your support and everything, has been much appreciated

Installation Instructions:
Flash TW5launcher.zip in recovery. Tested in CWM, experiences may vary in other recoveries.

Download Link:
http://multiupload.biz/0rjhd04oyh7i/...d.biz.zip.html

Known Bugs:
- Wallpaper picker options don't work properly. This is because most of the options rely on the more system side components of touchwiz - for now, just use the "set wallpaper for homescreen option"
-Bottom Icon Row is cut off in landscape mode
-Wallpaper doesn't scroll (looking into it - It's meant to not scroll by stock, but I don't think it would be a bad feature to have, depending on performance impact.) Decided to keep it unscrolling for performance reasons.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mystichobo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pattsy
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Do i need to flash it? Or can i just push in to system/app ??

mystichobo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™ View Post
What do the instructions say??????

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium
This!
But he does have a good point, you can push to system/app, but you will probably still have to install the app over the top of it to get it to work. I just listed the most foolproof way I could think of in order to decrease the likelyhood of people complaining about having problems by not doing it properly (ie. pushing to system/app, but not setting the correct permissions).

I'll update the OP in a second.

pattsy
Old
(Last edited by xHausx; 24th May 2012 at 12:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystichobo View Post
This!
But he does have a good point, you can push to system/app, but you will probably still have to install the app over the top of it to get it to work. I just listed the most foolproof way I could think of in order to decrease the likelyhood of people complaining about having problems by not doing it properly (ie. pushing to system/app, but not setting the correct permissions).

I'll update the OP in a second.
It worked fine by pushing it + setting the permissions. Thanks...
The Following User Says Thank You to pattsy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Treggs
Old
(Last edited by Treggs; 23rd May 2012 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Since I have a stock recovery I tried the "copy to system/app, mess with permissions and clear stock launcher defaults" method and it works as well as can be expected since we are missing some of the SGS3 framework.

The Lightflow bug that makes Google books read aloud makes changing desktops talk to you which is kind of funny.

Love ya work as this seems to be good enough to use everyday. Touchwiz was never that bad but it's nice to have the choice on a Nexus device.

Edit: Just noticed in landscape it chops the bottom line of icons off. Not a complaint but if it's an easy fix?...please?
There are 10 types of people, those that can count in binary and those that can't

Stock, rooted, N4 ----Stock Rooted N7 2013

mystichobo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treggs View Post
Edit: Just noticed in landscape it chops the bottom line of icons off. Not a complaint but if it's an easy fix?...please?
I'll possibly have a look into it tomorrow (lotsa travelling to do)

daddymatt
Old
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
I'm on aokp and just installed it like a regular app... works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

mystichobo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymatt View Post
I'm on aokp and just installed it like a regular app... works fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
You will more than likely find that the widgets in the app drawer don't work, and a few other minor things from memory.

locomain
Old
Thanks Meter 233

DONATE TO ME
wow great job! wat file did you edit?

OllerLoewe
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Not work on my Nexus with AOKP.

First i installed the zip with recovery --->. Don't work.
I installed the APK and set right permissions ---> Don't work.
I push the apk to System/app and set right permissions ---> Don't woork.

What's wrong?

Sorry because of my english.