5,596,128 Members 33,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Optimized Dalvik Libs from MOTO X #NO GO#

Tip us?

wisefreakz
Old
(Last edited by wisefreakz; 22nd December 2013 at 03:58 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Thumbs down [MOD] Optimized Dalvik Libs from MOTO X #NO GO#

Hi guys, just wanted to share this that I found over the N5 Forum.

Looks like they pulled the optimized libs from the Moto X and created a flashable zip.

I'm using KitKang and flashed this... Phone feels more responsive.

Feel free to try yourselves.

LINK REMOVED AS IT BREAKS ALL CAMERA APPS.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Godra
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Those are Dalvik and Bionic libs optimized for Qualcomm CPU and our GN has OMAP CPU so they shouldnt make any significant difference, its probably placebo
Galaxy Nexus LiquidSmooth DirtyV
Xperia X8 Mini CM10 Nightly nAa-jb-kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Godra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wisefreakz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godra View Post
Those are Dalvik and Bionic libs optimized for Qualcomm CPU and our GN has OMAP CPU so they shouldnt make any significant difference, its probably placebo
Yeah... Probably... But I do have the feeling that the little sluggishness is gone... Let's see!! I'll report back.

Godra
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefreakz View Post
Yeah... Probably... But I do have the feeling that the little sluggishness is gone... Let's see!! I'll report back.

I mean, they could give some boost, but not its fully potential as they arent made for our phone
Galaxy Nexus LiquidSmooth DirtyV
Xperia X8 Mini CM10 Nightly nAa-jb-kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Godra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8865

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi guys, just wanted to share this that I found over the N5 Forum.

Looks like they pulled the optimized libs from the Moto X and created a flashable zip.

I'm using KitKang and flashed this... Phone feels more responsive.

Feel free to try yourselves.

The Linkhttp://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2537299

I just read that entire thread as well as watched a posted video comparison on it. My verdict from all of that is this doesn't do much and ART fully trumps it as far as performance boost. That is my conclusion on it for the Nexus 5. I would imagine it does nothing on the Galaxy Nexus seeing as we have a completely different chipset.

Not trying to be discouraging, by all means if someone wants to do a thorough testing of this mod and give some feedback on the contrary I will absolutely eat my words, but from all that has been spoken about the mod on that thread It looks like ART is still the better choice.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention though, it's always good to have different options.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598
The Following User Says Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wisefreakz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
I just read that entire thread as well as watched a posted video comparison on it. My verdict from all of that is this doesn't do much and ART fully trumps it as far as performance boost. That is my conclusion on it for the Nexus 5. I would imagine it does nothing on the Galaxy Nexus seeing as we have a completely different chipset.

Not trying to be discouraging, by all means if someone wants to do a thorough testing of this mod and give some feedback on the contrary I will absolutely eat my words, but from all that has been spoken about the mod on that thread It looks like ART is still the better choice.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention though, it's always good to have different options.
Hey Neph, I can say that with this somehow I feel my GN snappier. But just realized it breaks all camera apps.

So to me is a no go.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to wisefreakz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djambret
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hey Neph, I can say that with this somehow I feel my GN snappier. But just realized it breaks all camera apps.

So to me is a no go.

Cheers

lucky me i read this

n0ve
Old
Thanks Meter 235

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

So to me is a no go.

Cheers

Thx for efforts but can title be changed please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wisefreakz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ve View Post
Thx for efforts but can title be changed please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Done!