Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: For 4x1. Have High / Low or Condition
High / Low 1 14.29%
Condition 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[MOD] Sense 4.0 clock widget APK

Tip us?

J3bu5Cru57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ealvinito View Post
Sorry guys can someone please explain how to transfer this clock mod to my HTC Vivid? Coming from the iPhone world and this would be something that would be SSH'd. THX. Did get WildChild ROM running though pretty sweet! Love this clock mod though.
Not sure what you mean. You need help installing the widget or porting the widget to your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Verizon Galaxy Nexus 32GB - CNA 3.3.1 - faux123-jb-020+
Tablet: Verizon Xoom 32GB - EOS3 Nightly 130 - EOS 2.6.39.4

ealvinito
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3bu5Cru57 View Post
Not sure what you mean. You need help installing the widget or porting the widget to your phone?

How do I get the widget on my phone?

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:
It's currently on my phone as a app??? I transferred it over with Astro. How do I make it a nice widget to take place of the stock clock widget? When I click on it.... it opens like a app, but how do I make it a widget???

boombotz401
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

It's currently on my phone as a app??? I transferred it over with Astro. How do I make it a nice widget to take place of the stock clock widget? When I click on it.... it opens like a app, but how do I make it a widget???
Add it like you would any other widget...long press on homescreen and press add widget

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ealvinito
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
Add it like you would any other widget...long press on homescreen and press add widget

When I long press on home screen all I can do it remove back to app launcher???

J3bu5Cru57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
What launcher r u using? Stock or 3rd party like nova or adw?

ragnarokx
Old
Thanks Meter 472
Quote:
Sorry guys can someone please explain how to transfer this clock mod to my HTC Vivid? Coming from the iPhone world and this would be something that would be SSH'd. THX. Did get WildChild ROM running though pretty sweet! Love this clock mod though.
If you have an HTC ROM, why don't you get the real thing? This is a replica basically. You should find a Sense 4.0 ROM, which will have this clock.

And to transfer files, just plug in your phone via USB. Android doesn't break functionality like iOS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

J3bu5Cru57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
If you have an HTC ROM, why don't you get the real thing? This is a replica basically. You should find a Sense 4.0 ROM, which will have this clock.

And to transfer files, just plug in your phone via USB. Android doesn't break functionality like iOS

True the real thing is better and recommended if you have the ability . His problem was getting the widget on his homescreen. I haven't had a HTC phone in years so I wasn't sure if there was a different way they use to add Widgets

boombotz401
Old
Thanks Meter 373
I actually prefer this over the real thing....love the look...may even save on battery too...can't be sure.on that though

J3bu5Cru57
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombotz401 View Post
I actually prefer this over the real thing....love the look...may even save on battery too...can't be sure.on that though

Not sure on the battery either, but I would assume it's at least a little better as this widget is somewhat bare bones compared to the real one. I just miss all the great looking animations ( weather, flip clock, transitions, ect...) the real one has. The clock/weather widget is pretty much the only thing I miss about the Sense ROM, but it's been awhile for me since Sense with the Droid Eris . I'll be giving Team Vicious' Sense 4 a spin once it becomes more stable to see what I've been missing if anything.

phaze one
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3bu5Cru57 View Post
OK so I lied in my last OP update about my versions being on hold. I took a crack at making a 4x1 version for those wanting a smaller version. I tried to make the landscape as good as I could, but there wasn't alot of space to work with. Speaking of which, on account of the small size and being able to work with different margins I couldn't include the High - Low temp and condition text without it looking crampt or the text being so small it was hard to read (for me at least. I'm somewhat blind ). Hence the poll above the OP. I've made two versions, the first one has the high - low temp next to the current temperature and the second has the current condition next to the temp. At the end of voting I'll add the preferred version to the OP. Now if someone with better coding skills can get both on this widget while looking good and ledgeable (maybe by alternately fading in and out between the two or as an option in the settings (probably easier )), I'll add that to the OP instead (with proper cred). Enjoy.

Things to note - I was using a 5x4 grid (port and land) and didn't resize wanting to keep it 4x1 while assembling this. Deviating from either of these settings will probably result in the widget looking all funky. I'm still preparing to move so I won't be updading this like I was in the past for previous widgets. Also to note, the weather icon in landscape mode is as big as it would let me make it (increasing the dip would do nothing as I would prefer the icon to be larger too ).
Dope! Can you post that wallpaper as well? It kicks so much ass. Killer work, thanks!!