Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,557 Members 52,843 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] TABLET/HYBRID MODE UBER MOD [2012-04-24: v2.0: Nova is tablet-mode ready!!]

Tip us?

molesarecoming
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 27374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist View Post
I just realised something. Google Chrome, now assumes this is a tablet, consequently goes into tablet ui, which is the ONLY case which is WORSE than phone ui. Instead of making it like Firefox's tablet ui, which is way better, they make it without cards/visual representation of tabs, and just have a tab bar like on a regular desktop, which sucks..even on a 7" tablet i can barely click on the little x to close the tab most of the time.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

didnt see this post...yea, this SUCKS. anyone figure out how to get the regular chrome back (strangely enough, restoring chrome 0.16 from my TiBu backup gives me back regular ui even in tablet mode, but chrome 0.16 doesn't have history).
i just tried to hack it but its complicated. i've got the old layout back but the buttons do nothing. then i tried to delete the highres-layouts and killed every mention of in in the smali files but earned crashes. guess this goes into the long que of apps that suck in high resolution.

molesarecoming
Old
Thanks Meter 27374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill12690 View Post
could be another bug, not sure... but i cant get PDAnet to work anymore.. the app on my phone works, but my mac isnt showing it as being connected to the computer. also, doesnt seem like android file transfer works anymore
not that i know of, file transfer is fine. see if you have the same problem with pdanet in default dpi.

bill12690
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming View Post
not that i know of, file transfer is fine. see if you have the same problem with pdanet in default dpi.
I'm not sure what happened. . Not working in regular dpi either. Sorry to post here, I kinda jumped the gun. Just don't remember doing anything else that should affect it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Zer0_Cool
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0_Cool View Post
For the people who seem to be having issues, I have included all the apk's needed to run tablet mode (modified nova, new ics keyboard, phone) in the correct locations for AOKP build 31 and placed Vending.apk in this Gapps package. I just tested this on my phone, wipe data/cache/dalvik, flash the rom and gapps as normal, then go through the steps in the op (setting the density, etc.), and you should be good to go.

I was planning on creating my own tablet rom, but I've been having problems with my own builds, and wanted everything to be set up like this by default. Otherwise it wouldn't really be thread worthy, but I figured posting this rom in this thread would be fine.

All credit goes to the OP and roman for AOKP!

MAGURO
http://www.mediafire.com/?icc60bf94w5ttp8

TORO
http://www.mediafire.com/?2cb5lqc4g5w3bjz

GAPPS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b5zrsvlkqnrnbgc

Added a download link for GSM, also added the keyboard in both.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0_Cool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

molesarecoming
Old
Thanks Meter 27374

DONATE TO ME
thanks, i've put it up!

today i installed linux, downloaded the repo and now im trying to compile aosp. with some luck it'll work. in the coming days i'll try to tinker around a bit, see if i can do something about the dpi per app issue.

nonione
Old
Thanks Meter 164
hey moles u updating this baby to AOKP b33?
I've been granted superuser permissions!!!

Follow me on twitter @noniwun!!!

FredFS456
Old
Thanks Meter 97
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the admin for Nova Launcher has responded with questions for the Nova Launcher Feature Request that was put in for this. http://feedback.novalauncher.com/for...ensity-phones-

kizaros2g
Old
(Last edited by kizaros2g; 21st April 2012 at 07:34 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonione View Post
hey moles u updating this baby to AOKP b33?
yeah, that would be so good!

Night Galaxy
Old
(Last edited by Night Galaxy; 21st April 2012 at 08:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for asking so many questions with set up, but I'm still a bit confused:

1) I'm on AOKP B33 now.
2) I replaced Nova Launcher with the modded version while in tablet mode. I don't think anything happened. How do I get the normal view back with my dock (or without)?
3) Is the Play Store messed up on 33? I can't access it and I wiped before coming...

Also I moved the updated Play Market to the system/app and I have the tablet market... is that right?

EDIT: SBP Shell 3D is working quite nicely, no problems with that as far as I can see... although I still personally prefer Nova if it is possible to get it working.
Nexus 4 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Paranoid Android)
Nexus 10 (Stock)

molesarecoming
Old
Thanks Meter 27374

DONATE TO ME
didnt know b33 is out. did someone laready try if the bugs are fixed? the manual stuff is not dependent anyway, just follow the steps and you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFS456 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the admin for Nova Launcher has responded with questions for the Nova Launcher Feature Request that was put in for this. http://feedback.novalauncher.com/for...ensity-phones-
ever better, kevin wrote me and he said they were surprised the request grew so large in just a couple of days. they've already made an inofficial beta with lots of tablet related stuff in it. he invited me to test it and it has all the things we were asking for - still some bugs but looks good. when 1.1 becomes official i'll take out the hack from the op.

Tags
gay
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe