Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[MOD] TABLET/HYBRID MODE UBER MOD [2012-04-24: v2.0: Nova is tablet-mode ready!!]

OP molesarecoming

20th April 2012, 12:01 PM   |  #771  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 27,401

7,530 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by TjPhysicist

I just realised something. Google Chrome, now assumes this is a tablet, consequently goes into tablet ui, which is the ONLY case which is WORSE than phone ui. Instead of making it like Firefox's tablet ui, which is way better, they make it without cards/visual representation of tabs, and just have a tab bar like on a regular desktop, which sucks..even on a 7" tablet i can barely click on the little x to close the tab most of the time.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

didnt see this post...yea, this SUCKS. anyone figure out how to get the regular chrome back (strangely enough, restoring chrome 0.16 from my TiBu backup gives me back regular ui even in tablet mode, but chrome 0.16 doesn't have history).

i just tried to hack it but its complicated. i've got the old layout back but the buttons do nothing. then i tried to delete the highres-layouts and killed every mention of in in the smali files but earned crashes. guess this goes into the long que of apps that suck in high resolution.
20th April 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #772  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

7,530 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill12690

could be another bug, not sure... but i cant get PDAnet to work anymore.. the app on my phone works, but my mac isnt showing it as being connected to the computer. also, doesnt seem like android file transfer works anymore

not that i know of, file transfer is fine. see if you have the same problem with pdanet in default dpi.
20th April 2012, 03:26 PM   |  #773  
Thanks Meter: 27

269 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by molesarecoming

not that i know of, file transfer is fine. see if you have the same problem with pdanet in default dpi.

I'm not sure what happened. . Not working in regular dpi either. Sorry to post here, I kinda jumped the gun. Just don't remember doing anything else that should affect it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
20th April 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #774  
Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 186

338 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0_Cool

For the people who seem to be having issues, I have included all the apk's needed to run tablet mode (modified nova, new ics keyboard, phone) in the correct locations for AOKP build 31 and placed Vending.apk in this Gapps package. I just tested this on my phone, wipe data/cache/dalvik, flash the rom and gapps as normal, then go through the steps in the op (setting the density, etc.), and you should be good to go.

I was planning on creating my own tablet rom, but I've been having problems with my own builds, and wanted everything to be set up like this by default. Otherwise it wouldn't really be thread worthy, but I figured posting this rom in this thread would be fine.

All credit goes to the OP and roman for AOKP!

MAGURO
http://www.mediafire.com/?icc60bf94w5ttp8

TORO
http://www.mediafire.com/?2cb5lqc4g5w3bjz

GAPPS:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b5zrsvlkqnrnbgc

Added a download link for GSM, also added the keyboard in both.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zer0_Cool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #775  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

7,530 posts
Donate to Me
thanks, i've put it up!

today i installed linux, downloaded the repo and now im trying to compile aosp. with some luck it'll work. in the coming days i'll try to tinker around a bit, see if i can do something about the dpi per app issue.
21st April 2012, 02:15 AM   |  #776  
S.S.
Thanks Meter: 164

592 posts
More
hey moles u updating this baby to AOKP b33?
21st April 2012, 03:23 AM   |  #777  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 128

171 posts
More
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the admin for Nova Launcher has responded with questions for the Nova Launcher Feature Request that was put in for this. http://feedback.novalauncher.com/for...ensity-phones-
21st April 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #778  
Flag Bangi
Thanks Meter: 8

112 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonione

hey moles u updating this baby to AOKP b33?

yeah, that would be so good!
Last edited by kizaros2g; 21st April 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: typo
21st April 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #779  
Thanks Meter: 0

71 posts
Sorry for asking so many questions with set up, but I'm still a bit confused:

1) I'm on AOKP B33 now.
2) I replaced Nova Launcher with the modded version while in tablet mode. I don't think anything happened. How do I get the normal view back with my dock (or without)?
3) Is the Play Store messed up on 33? I can't access it and I wiped before coming...

Also I moved the updated Play Market to the system/app and I have the tablet market... is that right?

EDIT: SBP Shell 3D is working quite nicely, no problems with that as far as I can see... although I still personally prefer Nova if it is possible to get it working.
Last edited by Night Galaxy; 21st April 2012 at 09:32 AM.
21st April 2012, 09:30 AM   |  #780  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

7,530 posts
Donate to Me
didnt know b33 is out. did someone laready try if the bugs are fixed? the manual stuff is not dependent anyway, just follow the steps and you should be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFS456

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but the admin for Nova Launcher has responded with questions for the Nova Launcher Feature Request that was put in for this. http://feedback.novalauncher.com/for...ensity-phones-

ever better, kevin wrote me and he said they were surprised the request grew so large in just a couple of days. they've already made an inofficial beta with lots of tablet related stuff in it. he invited me to test it and it has all the things we were asking for - still some bugs but looks good. when 1.1 becomes official i'll take out the hack from the op.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gay
Previous Thread Next Thread