5,597,138 Members 44,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/JB]

Tip us?

rymden
Old
(Last edited by rymden; 14th February 2013 at 06:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 523
/system/app/systemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi is where the images are that you would replace with the Zenyth key PNGs.

Using a file explorer with capabilities to extract and zip, like Root Explorer;

*Extract SystemUI.apk
*Extract Zenyth.zip
*Copy the PNGs to location listed above under the extracted file, accepting the replacement of the necessary files (multi select and move all at once for convenience)
*Create zip of SystemUI and rename from SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk and move to and replace under /system/app
*Phone should reboot and you should be good

**Permissions are XX-XX-X-- if you need to alter them, but you shouldn't

Create a backup, just in case, and maybe keep a renamed copy of SystemUI if you want to easily revert. Can be done on the phone in a matter of minutes. Very simple!

I can't imagine this being any different under 4.2.2 and if you need further explanation just ask.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rymden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxSAKISxx
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Default Απ: [SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessboxxin View Post
/system/app/systemUI.apk/res/drawable-xhdpi is where the images are that you would replace with the Zenyth key PNGs.

Using a file explorer with capabilities to extract and zip, like Root Explorer;

*Extract SystemUI.apk
*Extract Zenyth.zip
*Copy the PNGs to location listed above under the extracted file, accepting the replacement of the necessary files (multi select and move all at once for convenience)
*Create zip of SystemUI and rename from SystemUI.zip to SystemUI.apk and move to and replace under /system/app
*Phone should reboot and you should be good

**Permissions are XX-XX-X-- if you need to alter them, but you shouldn't

Create a backup, just in case, and maybe keep a renamed copy of SystemUI if you want to easily revert. Can be done on the phone in a matter of minutes. Very simple!

I can't imagine this being any different under 4.2.2 and if you need further explanation just ask.
very good guide my friend to put the softkeys manually. What about the flashable zips? No longer work on stock 4.2.2?

Send from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
MY OLD DEVICE : SE XPERIA X1 SILVER
--------------------------
HSLP : 0.78Olinex
ROM :** 826x Series ** WM 6.5.3 build [29017] - Sense 2021

MY NEW DEVICE :SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS(GSM)
---------------------------
UNLOCKED
ROM : [ROM] [4.4.2] OmniMetal [12-13-2013] (Linaro Omni rom)
KERNEL : [KERNEL] [4.4] Mpokang Kernel v10 [3 variations] [773MB RAM] [+50% RAM performance]
ROOTED :SuperSU v1.86
RECOVERY : [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.2 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

matthew0776
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7271

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/

Zip themed has worked for me on 4.2.2 wit these soft keys as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

CANDY SHOP

TheMysteriousOne
Old
Thanks Meter 524
For PA users: I am supposed to put all those image files in each of the 3 XHDPI folders, right?

xxSAKISxx
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Default Απ: [SOFTKEYS] Zenyth Keys v3 - The SEXIEST keys EVER! [FLASHABLE ZIP+ZIPTHEMER][ICS/

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew0776 View Post
Zip themed has worked for me on 4.2.2 wit these soft keys as well

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Thanks for the reply my friend. i give it a try.

Send from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
MY OLD DEVICE : SE XPERIA X1 SILVER
--------------------------
HSLP : 0.78Olinex
ROM :** 826x Series ** WM 6.5.3 build [29017] - Sense 2021

MY NEW DEVICE :SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS(GSM)
---------------------------
UNLOCKED
ROM : [ROM] [4.4.2] OmniMetal [12-13-2013] (Linaro Omni rom)
KERNEL : [KERNEL] [4.4] Mpokang Kernel v10 [3 variations] [773MB RAM] [+50% RAM performance]
ROOTED :SuperSU v1.86
RECOVERY : [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.2 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

rymden
Old
Thanks Meter 523
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMysteriousOne View Post
For PA users: I am supposed to put all those image files in each of the 3 XHDPI folders, right?
I'm not terribly familiar, but if you are speaking for the multiple layouts that might make sense. Before you do anything you can peek in the folders and see if you can see the images. You should be able to scroll through fairly quickly and determine if those png's reside in those locations and, if so, they would need to be replaced where applicable. Take a peek, make a backup, give it a spin. Maybe someone with more PA experience can speak to it, though. I saw this, but again, I am not familiar. I shouldn't even be talking to you. PRANK CALLER PRANK CALLER

A quick search did find this, which leads me to believe you are on the right path.

Quote:
*** Paranoid Android ***
Download one of the Softkey themes that starts with MMZT_
Make a backup of your ROM in Recovery
Extract SystemUI.apk from your ROM (located in /system/app) using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access
Open SystemUI.apk and put each image from the MMZT_ file (located in /res/drawable-xhdpi) downloaded in the following folders located at /res (replace the existing images): drawable-sw600dp-xhdpi drawable-sw720dp-xhdpi drawable-sw1000dp-xhdpi and drawable-xhdpi
Paste new SystemUI.apk into /system/app using your favorite File Explorer App with Root access

LasVegasRomeo
Old
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME

whitewallman
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Has anyone figured a way to make softkey background translucent (like 50%) rather than pure black for zenyth? Thanks.

LasVegasRomeo
Old
(Last edited by LasVegasRomeo; 22nd February 2013 at 09:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 348

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewallman View Post
Has anyone figured a way to make softkey background translucent (like 50%) rather than pure black for zenyth? Thanks.
The keys are just the keys with and have no background. Just normal stand alone png graphics. You have to have a rom or a mod for whatever particular rom your on that has navigation & status bar customization. Which will allow you to set different levels of transparancy, change colors, etc....
Quick screenshot for ya...the gray checkered background shows that its transparent...no background with these keys. What rom are you running?

whitewallman
Old
(Last edited by whitewallman; 24th February 2013 at 11:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Shiny 4.2.2
Also Bugless Beast 4.1.2
Both are very "stock" aosp roms, with very little customization.
Actually, I'd like to do the navbar and statusbar at about 30%-50% transparency level.
Any help would be appreciated.