FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[THEME-Apr24] ⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮ Circuit Boards! - for AOKP b34/M4 (GSM + LTE)

984 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,073

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮
Updated on 04-24-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)

for AOKP_b34/m4

Hi all! I have been a proud owner (and still am actually) of an HTC Desire, ASUS Transformer TF101, and now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM). On each of these devices, I've created a properly-built theme based on my PCB image.
This theme for the GNex is my newest, and based/influenced by my original PCB Sense (v2.x) Theme and PCB Blue for Prime! on the TF101. I'm happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all the fellow XDA users!

Supported Devices:
  • Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
  • Galaxy Nexus CDMA (toro)
  • ASUS Transformer (tf101) (coming soon)

Couple of things to note:
  • ONLY for AOKP_b34/m4! (older versions are archived). You can try it on other ROMs, but this theme was built from AOKP sources.
  • *NOTE* - You must choose "CircleMOD" in Settings --> ROM Control --> Battery --> Battery Icon Style to see custom icons, otherwise stock is used
  • This design was meant to be quite close to stock for those who dig the ICS UI, but want something a bit unique
  • It is currently a work-in-progress, and will evolve over time. I hope to keep adding more and more...
  • Please do not ask for too many new feature requests. I am quite a busy dood, and this is still the early days of ICS. I will definitely update it when I can, but I have been making Android themes for a while, and it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to create new .zips/.apks for each and every ROM release. I will certainly do my best though!
  • I have edited a lot of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
  • CHANGE LOG is below

Screenshots:

These are some of the graphic components I built and used in this theme (more actual screenies coming soon):

Future Plans:
  • Style a few more draw9patch PNGs
  • Style more parts of the OS

Downloads + Change Log + MD5 Checksums :
  • * IMPORTANT * - Do NOT flash this theme immediately after flashing a ROM/gapps/kernel etc., as it will cause issues. If you flash a fresh ROM, boot into it fully, then reboot to Recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, then install my theme by itself. Reboot one final time and you should be good to go!
  • Everything is now at the PCB Theme mini-site
  • Don't forget that you can use the included PCB Theme Companion App to check for new versions easily on your phone (just click "Website")
  • Simply scan the QR code below with your phone for the fastest way to download (just don't forget to remember it's location when flashing! It's usually /sdcard/Download):
  • (*NOTE* - if you DL on your GNex and end up with a '.bin' extension, just rename it to '.zip', check MD5, and flash in CWM)

PCB Theme Mini-Site

Installation:

First off, ensure that you're running AOKP_b34/m4, then simply download the flashable .zip below, save it to your /sdcard folder, enter ClockworkMod Recovery (hold Vol_Down + Vol_Up + Power on fresh bootup, then press Up a few times to highlight "Recovery", then press Power) and choose "Install .zip from sdcard", then browse to where you saved the file. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache. That's it!

Uninstall/Removal:

It would be double the work for me to provide another .zip to revert files, so what I would recommend is that you just extract your original /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your original ROM .zip and drop them in a copy of my theme .zip, overwriting them. Simply enter Recovery and flash that .zip which should revert ONLY those 2 files. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache.

BONUS Wallpapers:

official_pcb_wallpapers-v1.0-scar45.zip 7.64mb (Max Compression)

(thanks/credit to iteppo on deviantArt for the wallies below)

if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!

Disclaimer:

Flash this at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any damage, however I do use it myself and always perform a NANDROID backup + Dalvik wipe before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
  • hostedWithGeeks for the excellent hosting experience/service
  • Team KANG for making a great ROM for the Galaxy Nexus
  • UOT Kitchen for their circle battery icons
  • Some other icons were obtained at IconFinder
Last edited by scar45; 25th April 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Updated to v1.8.2 based on AOKP b34
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th February 2012, 06:00 AM |#2  
Flag nat
Thanks Meter: 81

Donate to Me
More
nice theme will try out.
26th February 2012, 06:30 AM |#3  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Gonna try this too. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
26th February 2012, 12:53 PM |#4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Just installed a little while ago. Quite like it so far, nice subtle theme, but that's a good thing for me since I like the ICS style. Thanks for this.
26th February 2012, 06:00 PM |#5  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

Donate to Me
More
Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 06:24 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
any plans to make it compatible with m3??
26th February 2012, 06:28 PM |#7  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindubya

any plans to make it compatible with m3??

Hey Collin, I probably could, however as I just got my Nexus and am using b26, I just released this version initially. I am not sure what the roadmap for the AOKP ROMs are (i.e. when the next Milestone will be coming), so I may just wait for M4.

Otherwise, I have been using b23/25/26 for about 1.5 weeks and haven't had any issues, so I might recommend you upgrade to b26 (it even has some great new features over M3). Of course, if you do a Nandroid and then try it out, you'll have nothing to lose!

As this is the first release, more will come, and I will do my best to support as many ROM versions as I can (which can be a handful for someone like me with little time...trying to run my own business and it takes a LOT out of me!).

Cheers!
26th February 2012, 09:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Awesome Looking theme, What r the chances of seeing it in Red?
27th February 2012, 01:27 AM |#9  
Flag Warrior, AL
Thanks Meter: 366

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar45

Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this!

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock
The Following User Says Thank You to KingDavid63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 03:11 AM |#10  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis

Awesome Looking theme, What r the chances of seeing it in Red?

Possibly in due time, but I actually first need to get it to a state where all of the resources that I wanted to edit are in fact 'final'. At that point I would then take the collection and apply different colour schemes. I did it for my PCB Sense version, however it was one of the last steps after I had created everything in green. Sooo, not ruling it out, but most likely not any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid63

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock

Kick ass KD! I was hoping to hear/see some of the TF101 crew who also snagged the GNex. Thanks for giving good use to my themes, and also for the feedback. You're right, I did ask for +/-, and I actually do agree with you on the status bar icons. I know they don't really fit into the super clean modern look of ICS, but my geek nostalgia forced me to use them, as I have been doing so since my Desire days. That, and the fact that I wasn't feeling very creative to think hard about it I'll be honest I did design the Wifi icons from scratch though (notice how you didn't specifically mention those?), so I'll try to do the same thing again for the battery/BT/cell ones after getting my creative smok, err, juices flowing again I've got some ideas...

Thanks again fellas, already 236 downloads in less than a day! \o/ (is that good or bad? I dunno, still cool tho!)
27th February 2012, 11:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
awesome looking theme

love the subtle pcb design. Maybe u could change the softkeys up a little.

Would there be any issues if i flash other softkeys over it? will the animation be overwritten?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, ics, pcb, pcb blue, theme

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)