[THEME-Apr24] ⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮ Circuit Boards! - for AOKP b34/M4 (GSM + LTE)

OP scar45

26th February 2012, 05:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 1,020

963 posts
Donate to Me
More
⋮░⋮ PCB Blue v1.8.2 ⋮░⋮
Updated on 04-24-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)

for AOKP_b34/m4

Hi all! I have been a proud owner (and still am actually) of an HTC Desire, ASUS Transformer TF101, and now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM). On each of these devices, I've created a properly-built theme based on my PCB image.
This theme for the GNex is my newest, and based/influenced by my original PCB Sense (v2.x) Theme and PCB Blue for Prime! on the TF101. I'm happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all the fellow XDA users!

Supported Devices:
  • Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
  • Galaxy Nexus CDMA (toro)
  • ASUS Transformer (tf101) (coming soon)

Couple of things to note:
  • ONLY for AOKP_b34/m4! (older versions are archived). You can try it on other ROMs, but this theme was built from AOKP sources.
  • *NOTE* - You must choose "CircleMOD" in Settings --> ROM Control --> Battery --> Battery Icon Style to see custom icons, otherwise stock is used
  • This design was meant to be quite close to stock for those who dig the ICS UI, but want something a bit unique
  • It is currently a work-in-progress, and will evolve over time. I hope to keep adding more and more...
  • Please do not ask for too many new feature requests. I am quite a busy dood, and this is still the early days of ICS. I will definitely update it when I can, but I have been making Android themes for a while, and it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to create new .zips/.apks for each and every ROM release. I will certainly do my best though!
  • I have edited a lot of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
  • CHANGE LOG is below

Screenshots:

These are some of the graphic components I built and used in this theme (more actual screenies coming soon):

Future Plans:
  • Style a few more draw9patch PNGs
  • Style more parts of the OS

Downloads + Change Log + MD5 Checksums :
  • * IMPORTANT * - Do NOT flash this theme immediately after flashing a ROM/gapps/kernel etc., as it will cause issues. If you flash a fresh ROM, boot into it fully, then reboot to Recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, then install my theme by itself. Reboot one final time and you should be good to go!
  • Everything is now at the PCB Theme mini-site
  • Don't forget that you can use the included PCB Theme Companion App to check for new versions easily on your phone (just click "Website")
  • Simply scan the QR code below with your phone for the fastest way to download (just don't forget to remember it's location when flashing! It's usually /sdcard/Download):
  • (*NOTE* - if you DL on your GNex and end up with a '.bin' extension, just rename it to '.zip', check MD5, and flash in CWM)

PCB Theme Mini-Site

Installation:

First off, ensure that you're running AOKP_b34/m4, then simply download the flashable .zip below, save it to your /sdcard folder, enter ClockworkMod Recovery (hold Vol_Down + Vol_Up + Power on fresh bootup, then press Up a few times to highlight "Recovery", then press Power) and choose "Install .zip from sdcard", then browse to where you saved the file. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache. That's it!

Uninstall/Removal:

It would be double the work for me to provide another .zip to revert files, so what I would recommend is that you just extract your original /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your original ROM .zip and drop them in a copy of my theme .zip, overwriting them. Simply enter Recovery and flash that .zip which should revert ONLY those 2 files. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache.

BONUS Wallpapers:

official_pcb_wallpapers-v1.0-scar45.zip 7.64mb (Max Compression)

(thanks/credit to iteppo on deviantArt for the wallies below)

if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!

Disclaimer:

Flash this at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any damage, however I do use it myself and always perform a NANDROID backup + Dalvik wipe before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
  • hostedWithGeeks for the excellent hosting experience/service
  • Team KANG for making a great ROM for the Galaxy Nexus
  • UOT Kitchen for their circle battery icons
  • Some other icons were obtained at IconFinder
Last edited by scar45; 25th April 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Updated to v1.8.2 based on AOKP b34
The Following 64 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag nat
Thanks Meter: 81

669 posts
Donate to Me
More
nice theme will try out.
26th February 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas, Texas
Thanks Meter: 37

500 posts
More
Gonna try this too. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
26th February 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #4  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Just installed a little while ago. Quite like it so far, nice subtle theme, but that's a good thing for me since I like the ICS style. Thanks for this.
26th February 2012, 06:00 PM   |  #5  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

963 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scar45 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 06:24 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

172 posts
More
any plans to make it compatible with m3??
26th February 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #7  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

963 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by collindubya

any plans to make it compatible with m3??

Hey Collin, I probably could, however as I just got my Nexus and am using b26, I just released this version initially. I am not sure what the roadmap for the AOKP ROMs are (i.e. when the next Milestone will be coming), so I may just wait for M4.

Otherwise, I have been using b23/25/26 for about 1.5 weeks and haven't had any issues, so I might recommend you upgrade to b26 (it even has some great new features over M3). Of course, if you do a Nandroid and then try it out, you'll have nothing to lose!

As this is the first release, more will come, and I will do my best to support as many ROM versions as I can (which can be a handful for someone like me with little time...trying to run my own business and it takes a LOT out of me!).

Cheers!
26th February 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 160

458 posts
Awesome Looking theme, What r the chances of seeing it in Red?
27th February 2012, 01:27 AM   |  #9  
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 364

2,456 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scar45

Thanks to all of you guys for giving it a shot I am still planning on making improvements as time goes on, but I'd love to hear any feedback, either good, bad, or suggestions for the future.

Again, hope you enjoy the work I put in to this!

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock
The Following User Says Thank You to KingDavid63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 03:11 AM   |  #10  
OP Recognized Themer
Flag 127.0.0.1

963 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsminnis

Awesome Looking theme, What r the chances of seeing it in Red?

Possibly in due time, but I actually first need to get it to a state where all of the resources that I wanted to edit are in fact 'final'. At that point I would then take the collection and apply different colour schemes. I did it for my PCB Sense version, however it was one of the last steps after I had created everything in green. Sooo, not ruling it out, but most likely not any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDavid63

i like it alot man.. been using ur stuff on my tf101 since the beginning... but on this i might consider using different status bar icons... the honeycomb is kinda old, and the signal and bluetooth... may something more modern/stockish... either way i love it... but u asked for feedback bad or good... thanks bro as always u rock

Kick ass KD! I was hoping to hear/see some of the TF101 crew who also snagged the GNex. Thanks for giving good use to my themes, and also for the feedback. You're right, I did ask for +/-, and I actually do agree with you on the status bar icons. I know they don't really fit into the super clean modern look of ICS, but my geek nostalgia forced me to use them, as I have been doing so since my Desire days. That, and the fact that I wasn't feeling very creative to think hard about it I'll be honest I did design the Wifi icons from scratch though (notice how you didn't specifically mention those?), so I'll try to do the same thing again for the battery/BT/cell ones after getting my creative smok, err, juices flowing again I've got some ideas...

Thanks again fellas, already 236 downloads in less than a day! \o/ (is that good or bad? I dunno, still cool tho!)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
aokp, ics, pcb, pcb blue, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread