Updated on 04-24-2012 (mm/dd/yyyy)
Hi all! I have been a proud owner (and still am actually) of an HTC Desire, ASUS Transformer TF101, and now the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM). On each of these devices, I've created a properly-built theme based on my PCB image.
This theme for the GNex is my newest, and based/influenced by my original PCB Sense (v2.x) Theme and PCB Blue for Prime! on the TF101. I'm happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all the fellow XDA users!
- Galaxy Nexus GSM (maguro)
- Galaxy Nexus CDMA (toro)
- ASUS Transformer (tf101) (coming soon)
Couple of things to note:
- ONLY for AOKP_b34/m4! (older versions are archived). You can try it on other ROMs, but this theme was built from AOKP sources.
- *NOTE* - You must choose "CircleMOD" in Settings --> ROM Control --> Battery --> Battery Icon Style to see custom icons, otherwise stock is used
- This design was meant to be quite close to stock for those who dig the ICS UI, but want something a bit unique
- It is currently a work-in-progress, and will evolve over time. I hope to keep adding more and more...
- Please do not ask for too many new feature requests. I am quite a busy dood, and this is still the early days of ICS. I will definitely update it when I can, but I have been making Android themes for a while, and it becomes quite tedious and time consuming to create new .zips/.apks for each and every ROM release. I will certainly do my best though!
- I have edited a lot of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
- CHANGE LOG is below
These are some of the graphic components I built and used in this theme (more actual screenies coming soon):
- Style a few more draw9patch PNGs
- Style more parts of the OS
Downloads + Change Log + MD5 Checksums :
- * IMPORTANT * - Do NOT flash this theme immediately after flashing a ROM/gapps/kernel etc., as it will cause issues. If you flash a fresh ROM, boot into it fully, then reboot to Recovery, wipe Dalvik-Cache, then install my theme by itself. Reboot one final time and you should be good to go!
- Everything is now at the PCB Theme mini-site
- Don't forget that you can use the included PCB Theme Companion App to check for new versions easily on your phone (just click "Website")
- Simply scan the QR code below with your phone for the fastest way to download (just don't forget to remember it's location when flashing! It's usually /sdcard/Download):
- (*NOTE* - if you DL on your GNex and end up with a '.bin' extension, just rename it to '.zip', check MD5, and flash in CWM)
» PCB Theme Mini-Site »
First off, ensure that you're running AOKP_b34/m4, then simply download the flashable .zip below, save it to your /sdcard folder, enter ClockworkMod Recovery (hold Vol_Down + Vol_Up + Power on fresh bootup, then press Up a few times to highlight "Recovery", then press Power) and choose "Install .zip from sdcard", then browse to where you saved the file. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache. That's it!
It would be double the work for me to provide another .zip to revert files, so what I would recommend is that you just extract your original /system/app/SystemUI.apk and /system/framework/framework-res.apk from your original ROM .zip and drop them in a copy of my theme .zip, overwriting them. Simply enter Recovery and flash that .zip which should revert ONLY those 2 files. I'd also recommend doing a wipe of the Dalvik-Cache.
official_pcb_wallpapers-v1.0-scar45.zip 7.64mb (Max Compression)
(thanks/credit to iteppo on deviantArt for the wallies below)
if you like it... (I would greatly appreciate that!!) otherwise, a click of the THANKS button is awesome!
Flash this at your own risk! I am NOT responsible for any damage, however I do use it myself and always perform a NANDROID backup + Dalvik wipe before installing. Also, PM me before you rip out any of my resources if you wanted to use them in your own theme/project. I can be accommodating so long as you get in touch first!
Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to: