Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,276 Members 38,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEMED APK] KitKat 4.4 / CM 11 Alcolawl's Themed Holo MMS (Cyan,Grey,Black)

Tip us?

Alcolawl
Old
(Last edited by Alcolawl; 2nd April 2014 at 04:32 AM.) Reason: Download Links Fixed
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Arrow [THEMED APK] KitKat 4.4 / CM 11 Alcolawl's Themed Holo MMS (Cyan,Grey,Black)

Dark Holo Themed MMS for KitKat 4.4 / CM 11
(Cyan & Black OR Grey & Black Themed)

Sorry about the screenshots, The CM team still hasn't figured out the graphical bugs.

Disclaimer:
I can, in no way, take any credit for this application, I can only take credit for the theme editing. Please Note: I will NOT be able to add features (beyond simply editing an XML) file; only fix any theme errors. I'm running CyanogenMod 11 and have not tested this on any other ROM. Please feel free to report if this apk WORKS on any other ROMs or phones for community knowledge and reference. I cannot guarantee that this apk will work on any other devices besides the Galaxy Nexus, try at your own risk. I'm also not responsible for any damage or explosions caused by you installing this apk. [/FONT]

Description
Not all of us have taken the transition to Hangouts as our SMS app easily. This APK is a modified version of Cyanogenmod's MMS application (which is modified from Google's Holo MMS). This is meant to bring familiar look and lightweight feel that we've all come to know and love from Jellybean. To better match the grey Kitkat theme, I've also included a grey version as well as the popular Cyan and Black theme. Playing off of styling cues from Hangouts, this is the perfect blend of Hangouts and Holo to make it really feel like it belongs in KitKat.

Features:
  • Entirely Themed App and Widget
  • Two themes Grey/Black or Cyan/Black, both with their respective icons.
  • All CM11 MMS app features (as of January 5, 2014)
  • Quick Reply
  • Mark Read, Reply, and Call Buttons on Notification
  • Max MMS Size of 1024kb (1 MB)
  • Split SMS (160 Characters per)
  • Group MMS
  • Emoji Support

Confirmed Compatible Devices:
NOT ART COMPATIBLE
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Sprint SCH-i515 - Toroplus)
  • Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon SPH-L700 - Toro)

Changelog:

Code:
v1.5 - January 5th, 2014 - Initial Release (For KitkKat)
v1.51 - January 10th, 2014
- Fixed Attachment view to match the theme
- Fixed Updater-Script spelling derp
- Tidied up Icons on the Attachment Menu
- Changed Orientation of Sent Message Speech Bubbles so they appear to be coming from your avatar.
- Changed MMS / Blank Contact Avatar to match the theme. 
- Changed colors for Attachment Menu Icons on Ultra High DPI devices (XXHDPI).
Installation:
Download the flashable .zip below, flash in recovery, reboot and enjoy!

DOWNLOAD Cyan/Black MMS:
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/58587367/file.html

DOWNLOAD Grey/Black MMS:
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/95324178/file.html

Click here for this theme for Jellybean / CM10!

Unfortunately, I'm discontinuing development for this Theme. I've upgraded to a Nexus 5 and really dig - Evolve SMS - Created by a Fellow XDA member. I have not yet, rooted and flashed CM to my Nexus 5, nor do I plan to until the summer (school gets in the way). Because of this, I don't have a constantly fresh and updated version of the Stock Android MMS app and cannot continue development (and there's also a possibility that the app won't work on the N5). I will continue creating themes for MMS apps in the future, perhaps create an Evolve SMS theme of my own. I will also continue to monitor this thread and make sure the links stay alive, as well as help those to the best of my ability that require it.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Alcolawl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alcolawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Updated to Version 1.51!
Bug and Coloring Fixes, Check out the Change Log in the OP for details.

winamp26
Old
Thanks Meter 17
can i flash it on galaxy nexus(i9250-maguro)?
Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Stock ROM rooted With GravityBox
Kernel: UBER-N5-SM-4.10.0-Franco-08-18-2014

ThePhantom97
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the dark theme, works like a charm!
The Following User Says Thank You to ThePhantom97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NeverSeparate
Old
Thanks Meter 1,602
Where do I click to download? That page is pretty awful. I clicked the free download button and got a constant check your phone for virus pop-up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by winamp26 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
cannot guarantee that this apk will work on any other devices besides the Galaxy Nexus, try at your own risk. I'm also not responsible for any damage or explosions caused by you installing this apk. [/FONT]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Alcolawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by winamp26 View Post
Judging by how previous versions of this apk were handled just fine by almost any Samsung device i'd say it'd work just fine. Be sure to report back so we can share your findings. I sure others have asked themselves the same question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverSeparate View Post
Where do I click to download? That page is pretty awful. I clicked the free download button and got a constant check your phone for virus pop-up.
Scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Free Download", this will take you to the final page where you wait about 10 seconds and then you can download the file.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

qendadar
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Dirty Flashed on 1/18 vanir nightly toro and got messenger force close. Was in ART though not sure if that made a difference or not. About to crash for the day and I'll try again tonight on a clean install into davlik and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Alcolawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by qendadar View Post
Dirty Flashed on 1/18 vanir nightly toro and got messenger force close. Was in ART though not sure if that made a difference or not. About to crash for the day and I'll try again tonight on a clean install into davlik and see if that changes anything.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Any luck? I wonder if it has something to do with the directory that it installs in. I'm not sure if it exists in other ROMs, the MMS apk that I edited was out of Cyanogenmod and so I have this flash right back into it's rightful directory. Although, it'd make more sense that if the directory doesn't exist that it'd just create it.. So you may be right about ART.

ThePhantom97
Old
Thanks Meter 115

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcolawl View Post
Any luck? I wonder if it has something to do with the directory that it installs in. I'm not sure if it exists in other ROMs, the MMS apk that I edited was out of Cyanogenmod and so I have this flash right back into it's rightful directory. Although, it'd make more sense that if the directory doesn't exist that it'd just create it.. So you may be right about ART.
I changed to art yesterday and this would just FC.

Alcolawl
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantom97 View Post
I changed to art yesterday and this would just FC.
Weird. I just switched to ART today using CM11. The stock MMS app works just fine. I'll try flashing this in a little bit, if it FCs then I'll rip the APK from my current nightly and theme that one, considering it works for ART and see if it works that way. Supposed to get a pretty good snow storm here in the North East so assuming classes are cancelled I'll have some free time to fool around with it on Wednesday.

Tags
alcolawl holo black inverted mms