Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Time Warner App for Rooted Users [Updated 4.19.12]

Tip us?

Studio1b
Old
Thanks Meter 9
do you have a link to that info i would like to call up and get a free modem :P
[SG2-T989] Jedi Mind Trick JB 6 , [G2] ILWT CM7 419 , [TP 16GB/32GB] Android Open Kang Project
get up to 8GB space on Dropbox for free and sync with your phone I have 20 GIGS
BTC ADDRESS : 121a4hMSfd9L1UBigVr9DFZ5pv8q76gnyh

Jim_IT
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The free modems traffic is restricted to the TV Everywhere IP streams.

EL_G15
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhhurdler1 View Post
Hey... I understand you don't have TWC for internet.. However since you are a digital cable customer we will provide you with a modem (at no charge) to connect to for the live tv feature. Again this is free. No catch.

Basically the modem is provisioned so only the twc app, and the timewarnercable.com website will work. Everything else is blocked off. If you live in the NE and you need assistance getting this setup.. I'd be more then happy to assist you.

As far as earlier... I said I'd poke around at the documentation on the app... And well... There isn't any at my "level" as of yet. Currently android support is being handled at the corp. level.. I wish I had something to be of some help..
He is right...

KEY is your friend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL_G15 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stuff
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Well, I believe I'm gonna give up looking around for any way for Live TV to work on mobile, or any other wifi network, as I believe there's more to it than just restrictions within the app.

What I am going to work on is getting it to properly work on any version of android, not just ICS. I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate that
Red Samsung Galaxy S III

Google Nexus 7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stuff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ACoolGuy
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff View Post
Well, I believe I'm gonna give up looking around for any way for Live TV to work on mobile, or any other wifi network, as I believe there's more to it than just restrictions within the app.

What I am going to work on is getting it to properly work on any version of android, not just ICS. I'm sure plenty of people would appreciate that
Awesome. While it would be nice to be able to use it off home network, just being able to RUN the Live TV from my non-ICS device would be huge. Thanks for all of your work. I'm available to test.

eortizr
Old
Thanks Meter 176
I dont know why TWC has that stupid restriction to only watch at home,, it makes no sense, why I would watch tv at home in my cell or tablet if a I have my TV

stuff
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
I dont know why TWC has that stupid restriction to only watch at home,, it makes no sense, why I would watch tv at home in my cell or tablet if a I have my TV
That's pretty much what I'm saying. I don't really care to watch tv on my phone if I'm at home. Rarely would I do it.
Red Samsung Galaxy S III

Google Nexus 7

trparky
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Thank you!

I have a rooted Galaxy Nexus and I was really pissed that I couldn't use the LiveTV functionality in the app on my rooted phone.

Again, thanks for the hack to make it work.
Current Devices: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 and Nexus 7
Retired Devices: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Samsung Droid Charge

Tomdg07
Old
Thanks Meter 57

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
First let me say I agree with you. I can only assume the reason for locking access to your home network would be to prevent users from giving out usernames and passwords to non twc customers allowing them access without a legit subscription.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
bhhurdler1 Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomdg07 View Post
First let me say I agree with you. I can only assume the reason for locking access to your home network would be to prevent users from giving out usernames and passwords to non twc customers allowing them access without a legit subscription.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Actually the legit reason is company's such as CNN, FOX, NBC, etc etc... Have clauses in their contracts with providers(such as twc) stating that the programing is for in home use only. Allowing customers to use this in other homes, or over a mobile network violates those contract agreements.

Ultimately it comes down to money. A channel such as CNN (using as an example) wants you to pay for access to their channel over 3g/4g.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Quote:
You've never wanted to watch a tv show while youre take'n a ****?