Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Transparent Status Bar--Instructions for DIY

Tip us?

fatsix
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoat333 View Post
I found this in Gummy launcher as well, wich makes sense because it is based on Trebuchet.

I believe I found the lines in smali that resize the wallpapaer, but I'm not sure what will happen if I just add them in and compile. I will test and post back.
1 of 4 things will happen.
1. It will **** out errors on compile
2. Everything will be wonky if it loads and doesnt FC.
3. Nothing will change.
4. It works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
Galaxy Nexus CDMA
RootzBoat V4
Faux123 1.35Ghz OC/UV

pendo
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 762

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsix View Post
The problem with the half black, half transparent navigation bar is the launcher. The stock launcher, CND Launcher, and Trebuchet do not modify the wallpaper or screen size. However Nova Launcher does. SO this Full transparent status bar and navigation bar only works with Nova Launcher. I have not had time to look into this. If someone knows what Nova Launcher does to modify the screen/wallpaper size, this would be an easy mod to the other launchers.
Good find. I couldn't think of why my original edits would cause any issues. Similar to how certain launchers would "override" transparency in gingerbread.

kgbrown247
Old
(Last edited by kgbrown247; 20th January 2012 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
I can't remember as I took a break, does sytemui need to be signed when recompiling?

Edit: nope

Sent from a full AOSP GNex via Tap
Galaxy Note 2 running CleanAce 4.9 plus other custom themes...

ASUS Transformer stock and rooted
Other Stock GTab2, Backup Phone: GNex

Schoat333
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I gave up on the gummynex launcher, and just went with nova. Transparent nav bar works now!

Nova has so many options that I'll just stick with it. (had to make a few of my own modifications of course)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-01-19-23-20-01.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	864159  

PhilPan
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
I followed the directions below and when I go into the res/values/colors.xml; the only two option i have to change are;

<color name="status_bar_recents_app_label_color">#a600000 0</color>
<color name="notification_list_shadow_top">#80000000</color>

Would I change one of these? I am on AOKP 19....Thanks in advance.

"From the root of the SystemUI directory, open res/values/colors.xml. Find the entry for “status_bar_background” and change it’s value to whatever you want. In mine I’ve set it to “a6000000” which black but 35% translucent. The first 2 characters control the opacity on a scale from 0-255 where 0 is completely transparent and 255 is fully opaque. That value is then stated in hexadecimal format; e.g. 0=00, 255=ff."

kgbrown247
Old
(Last edited by kgbrown247; 20th January 2012 at 10:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Did the edits. Transparent show at the bottom when curtain is pulled. When nav buttons are pressed, background stays as if still pressed, no transparancy at top. Any one making progress? Still using nova with tranquil v6

the only change i did not make in reference to the diy instructions was in phonestatus.smali

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo View Post
Code:
const v4, 0x4800068

replace
the 2 lines underneath with this:
Code:
const/4 v5, -0x3

move v2, v1
[B]my phonestatus.smali[\B]
const v4, 0x4800068

move v2, v1

move v5, v1

because it keeps force closing systemui when booting up. any help would be appreciated.

disregard, got it.

Galaxy Note 2 running CleanAce 4.9 plus other custom themes...

ASUS Transformer stock and rooted
Other Stock GTab2, Backup Phone: GNex

PhilPan
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
I have been trying to get this to work to no avail on AOKP 19. Can someone please post some clear instructions on what to do for AOKP 19?

Thanks

xxxdc5
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Here is a SystemUI that I built that has a translucent statusbar. It also has a circle battery mod I recently made in ics blue. This was built on 4.0.3 sources.

Here's a flashable zip:

TransStatusbar-SmoothCircleMod_4.0.3.maguro-signed.zip
At risk of asking a question that has been asked 57 times.... can I flash this on stock rooted 4.0.2 ROM? Thanks

I'll edit if after I scan a few pages I don't see the answer
ROM adventure:
stockHTCinc2.1/2.2>CM[/B]6.1.0>Virtuous3.2>Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5.3>Warm Z TwoPointTwo RLS1>nightllies>SYNERGY RC1/RC2/RLS1>CM7>>> GALAXY NEXUS 4.0.4---> 4.1.1>>AOKP>>CM10>>PA 3.50

RogerPodacter
Old
(Last edited by RogerPodacter; 21st January 2012 at 04:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 393
Quote:
This is very interesting....thank you. The reason I say this is that it is the exact same result that happened when I attempted to help another rom dev recently.

I have not ever heard back if he found the issue but one of my guesses was that the wallpaper image itself wasn't large enough. Could you try a different sized background please and report back?

The smali edit should be the same for you on 4.0.1. Actually this one that I did in the other thread should work. *note it also has my circle battery mod.
Sorry it took so long but i finally had time to load clockwork. Just flashed this systemUI and it works, but nothing is transparent. Loaded on stock 4.0.1. Ahh i just thought, i wonder if i should delete the odex file. Duh, let me try.

Yes now it works, silly me. Thanks mang!

Not only does it work, but both bars are transparent with no weird issues.
Past projects
Github
My N1 Battery Project

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: stock rooted
Recovery: CWM Touch

jonata
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgbrown247 View Post
Did the edits. Transparent show at the bottom when curtain is pulled. When nav buttons are pressed, background stays as if still pressed, no transparancy at top. Any one making progress? Still using nova with tranquil v6

the only change i did not make in reference to the diy instructions was in phonestatus.smali

[B]my phonestatus.smali[\B]
const v4, 0x4800068

move v2, v1

move v5, v1

because it keeps force closing systemui when booting up. any help would be appreciated.

disregard, got it.

good morning ...
compliments for your work !
can you upload your file ? I like very very much
tks mate

PS : it is for 4.02 rom or 4.03 ?
tks again

HTCE ONE M8
Android Revolution HD 3.4
Moto X 16 GB