Transparent Status Bar--Instructions for DIY

OP pendo

14th January 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 109

2,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

yeah, here's some help....decompile with apktool, and open res/values/drawables.xml and then set the value for status_bar_background to "cc000000"

**how to convert % to hex value**
Opacity is measured on a scale from 0(invisible) to 255(fully opaque). In this specific case there you need 4 values, 3 for the RGB combination and then a fourth that's for the overal opacity of the combined colors. The follow an ARGB arrangement (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue). Each value is a 2 digit hex, so you'll have 8 total alphanumeric values. So to get 80%--> .8 x 255=204. There's plenty of hex converters available for you to make it easy. Plug in 204 as your decimal number and it will tell you that "cc" is the hex equivalent. So "cc000000" would be black that's 20% transparent or 80% opaque, however you wish to call it.

ok,
downloaded apktools (windows) and exctracted to a folder.
then open terminal, go to folder and digit apktoll ...
but this is what I see : "java is not a internal or esternal command ...." where I?m in wrong ?
Like decompile systemUI but I've this error ...
tks for help Pendo
14th January 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 36

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo

My bad, you're right I didn't touch drawables.xml, duh. Ok, here's another. As far as the handing pressed image...I'm not sure what's going on there. I don't recall anyone mentioning it before. So it just stays highlighted? Is it otherwise fully functional?

It has a low glow that sticks. Kinda weird, but it goes away. I didnt have this issue on the ones i modified previously, it might be modifications the dev has made to the glow speed. The newest one does not effect the navigation bar at all, i edited the xml as well. Solid black.
Last edited by fatsix; 14th January 2012 at 04:12 PM.
14th January 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 44

230 posts
I was able to get the navigation bar transparent on gummy 5.0, but I get the problem where the wallpapaer doesn't go all the way down, it only goes half way behing the softkeys.

When I was messing around, I had a bad systemUI that FC'd. When that happened, my wallpapaer did the same thing. I tried several differnt pictures, and all had the same result, so its not the res.

I think it may be a setting for max wallpapaer height that needs changed. Anyone have any ideas where that would be?
14th January 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #84  

2,019 posts
More
@Pendo :
resolved all my problems !!!
tks very much ...
another question :
I want 100% trasparent statusbar :
decompile systemui and then edit the xml file, set the value for status_bar_background to "ffffffff"
right ?

tks mate
Last edited by jonata; 14th January 2012 at 07:07 PM.
14th January 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #85  

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonata

@Pendo :
resolved all my problems !!!
tks very much ...
another question :
I want 100% trasparent statusbar :
decompile systemui and then edit the xml file, set the value for status_bar_background to "ffffffff"
right ?

tks mate

smali edits to enable. XML to set the color. ffffffff will be solid white.. you need to change the first two digits.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using XDA App
Last edited by fatsix; 14th January 2012 at 07:15 PM.
15th January 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #86  

2,019 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsix

smali edits to enable. XML to set the color. ffffffff will be solid white.. you need to change the first two digits.

Sent from my GalaxyNexus using XDA App

sorry but don't understand ....
I edit this :
res/values/drawables.xml
and then set the value for status_bar_background to "ff000000" (orignal value was "00000000")
also in this way trasparent no 100%
there are other files to edit ?
tks
15th January 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #87  
Flag Wa State
Thanks Meter: 192

879 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all. Looking good on mod. I want to try and port the softkey mods on my froyo leaked sch i400. We don't have a systemui. Apks. So I'm sure they would be in framework/twframework. Any ideas on if i can get it to port.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium
15th January 2012, 11:41 PM   |  #88  

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonata

sorry but don't understand ....
I edit this :
res/values/drawables.xml
and then set the value for status_bar_background to "ff000000" (orignal value was "00000000")
also in this way trasparent no 100%
there are other files to edit ?
tks

ff is 100% opaque. 00 is 0% opaque. 31 is 20% opaque. CC is 80% opaque.
You hushed edited it from being completely transparent to completely solid black.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
16th January 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #89  
Flag Missoula
Thanks Meter: 30

414 posts
Come on people let's get this mod flash able already.
17th January 2012, 05:41 AM   |  #90  
Flag D.C
Thanks Meter: 214

970 posts
More
Can someone please shed some light on my issue. I can't seem to make the navigationbar transparent for the life of me. I have got the transparent statusbar up and running but I don't know how to change the nav bar to transparent. I have already made the edits for the navbar in navigationbar.XML for transparency but I still have the black bar no matter what launcher I use. Help would be great thanks

Galaxy Nexus
twitter = @jtgr6

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread