This is baecause of the following problem:
The folder is normally /system/app (for SoftkeyZ),
but in cm11 it is /system/priv-app.
But it can be done manually by two Methods.
Not only for CM11
You need :
-Go to /system/priv-app/SystemUI.apk
-Extract to sd card
-Go to folder of the softkey you downloaded and put the .png files to :
-Paste them and overwrite the old files.
-Zip the SystemUI folder with the new data.
-Go to SystemUI.zip and rename "SystemUI.zip" to "SystemUI.apk".
-Put the renamed SystemUI.apk to the /system/priv-app.
-Overwrite the old SystemUI.apk.
-Reboot manually ( the SystemUI.apk is mostly crashed at the first time doing this).
-After reboot set permissions of the SystemUI.apk to rw-r-r
Second Method: (Tested only at CM11)
ZipThemer is usable with this Method and you can make FLASHABLE ZIPS!
-Download the softkeys you want
- Extract them .
- Go to folder of the extracted
- There is one folder named "SystemUI" and a "nameofsoftkeys.xml"
- Open the .xml file with Text editor it look like this :
- Then change the line "<path>/system/app/</path>" to "<path>/system/priv-app/</path>"
- Save settings and go back. (delete the "nameofsoftkeys.xml.bak")
- Zip the folder where the SystemUI folder and the .xml file is included
- Go to Zipthemer (NOTE: Extras -> Update Edify -> browse for actually ROM -> Configure !! If not it may not work.)
- Go back to ZipThemer and search at "+Theme" for the new Zip
- Build it. And then go to Recovery and flash the zip. If this doesn't work then flash the undo.zip to reactivate the old softkeys.
Screenshots can be posted here.