5,599,677 Members 46,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial][Linux]Themer's Portal and Guide

Tip us?
 
stumpy352
Old
#211  
stumpy352's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 940
Posts: 996
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay440 View Post
They are a series of images in the drawable-xhdpi folder of systemui.apk. there are a lot of guides on the internet about how to decompile and recompile this.

sent from the 1980s.
Don't need to decompile if you just want to swap the images out in windows. Just copy/paste using 7zip.

....memoirs of a flash addict.
 
tjackbjorn
Old
#212  
tjackbjorn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 249
Posts: 1,062
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Falun
Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay440 View Post
They are a series of images in the drawable-xhdpi folder of systemui.apk. there are a lot of guides on the internet about how to decompile and recompile this.

sent from the 1980s.
Yeah I'm aware of that, but my question is how I color them the way I want? Am I supposed to do it in photshop? Then it will be super hard.

Sent from my super fast Prime filled with beans.
Nexus 5
ROM: All of them!
Kernel: What ever fits my needs.
Recovery: TWRP


If you think about how stupid a human is, on average. Consider then, that half of them is even more stupid.
 
stumpy352
Old
#213  
stumpy352's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 940
Posts: 996
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjackbjorn View Post
Yeah I'm aware of that, but my question is how I color them the way I want? Am I supposed to do it in photshop? Then it will be super hard.

Sent from my super fast Prime filled with beans.
I extract the images on my phone & use an app called photo editor to edit them. You can set edits as favorites, so you don't have to do all the work for each image, then save as png. Its not perfect, but its pretty easy to use.

....memoirs of a flash addict.
 
irtehun
Old
#214  
irtehun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 1,315
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Tutorial][Linux]Themer's Portal and Guide

I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet but u can build single apps from the android source rather then the whole thing..

To do so run

make -j4 Appname

For instance MMS

make -j4 Mms

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If I have helped you hit the thanks button!

Twitter: Follow Me!
The Following User Says Thank You to irtehun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
artvandelay440
Old
#215  
artvandelay440's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1147
Posts: 1,407
Join Date: Feb 2011

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by irtehun View Post
I don't know if anyone has mentioned yet but u can build single apps from the android source rather then the whole thing..

To do so run

make -j4 Appname

For instance MMS

make -j4 Mms

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yep- thats right. I should also mention that you need to run a full build one time before doing that. Also, the -j4 tag can be replaced by how many cores your processor has. I usually use a -j9 tag for my Core i7.
Try Copy, as opposed to Dropbox. Better, IMO:
https://copy.com?r=iXPemk

Follow me on Twitter for the most up to date info: https://twitter.com/#!/ArtVandelay440
My website with all the goods
 
irtehun
Old
#216  
irtehun's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 579
Posts: 1,315
Join Date: May 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Tutorial][Linux]Themer's Portal and Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay440 View Post
Yep- thats right. I should also mention that you need to run a full build one time before doing that. Also, the -j4 tag can be replaced by how many cores your processor has. I usually use a -j9 tag for my Core i7.
Right. I just said j4 because its pretty much universal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
If I have helped you hit the thanks button!

Twitter: Follow Me!
The Following User Says Thank You to irtehun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
lichti1901
Old
#217  
lichti1901's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3241
Posts: 2,956
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Riding my Bike

 
DONATE TO ME
Default AW: [Tutorial][Linux]Themer's Portal and Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by artvandelay440 View Post
Yep- thats right. I should also mention that you need to run a full build one time before doing that. Also, the -j4 tag can be replaced by how many cores your processor has. I usually use a -j9 tag for my Core i7.
Why j9 and not j8? I thought i should double my cores ...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2
///DevHost for my rastakat builds black&white themed with some extra goodies ///
Android File Host also for my rastakat updates
github for my Code

Sent from my Nexus 5 or HTC ONE M8
and my second Baby
Cube Stereo Super HPC 140 Race


 
stumpy352
Old
(Last edited by stumpy352; 11th April 2013 at 01:52 AM.)
#218  
stumpy352's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 940
Posts: 996
Join Date: Sep 2011
Default Re: [Tutorial][Linux]Themer's Portal and Guide

Anyone know how to change the color of the cm circle battery?
EDIT: Worked it out myself.

Sent from my One X using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to stumpy352 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chasew83
Old
#219  
chasew83's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 153
Posts: 663
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
anybody got a link for the linux apkmultitool the download link takes you nowhere?
 
XperienceD
Old
#220  
XperienceD's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2259
Posts: 7,086
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Here =)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasew83 View Post
anybody got a link for the linux apkmultitool the download link takes you nowhere?
http://apkmultitool.com/?q=node/5

The Following User Says Thank You to XperienceD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes