Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,461 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Toro] 18-JUL-2013

Tip us?

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,258

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
Yes, Yes, No (I very rarely flash dirty, too ocd). I actually never tried to boot with the included kernel, I really like AK (704 pirate) right now so I flashed that before my first boot. I don't mind sharing at all, just don't want to step on anybodies toes. Currently the build I am using is modified and stripped of anything I don't use/like.

Getting it setup wasn't too bad, I do know things were a little different than the pa guide for me. I'm using Elementary OS beta 1 (awesome distro for you linux guys/gals). Took some research and like always, patience, but it's definitely worth it in the end
What did you strip if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my AK Dummy Powered AOSPA Galaxy Nexus

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

wessiide
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Yes, Yes, No (I very rarely flash dirty, too ocd). I actually never tried to boot with the included kernel, I really like AK (704 pirate) right now so I flashed that before my first boot. I don't mind sharing at all, just don't want to step on anybodies toes. Currently the build I am using is modified and stripped of anything I don't use/like.

Getting it setup wasn't too bad, I do know things were a little different than the pa guide for me. I'm using Elementary OS beta 1 (awesome distro for you linux guys/gals). Took some research and like always, patience, but it's definitely worth it in the end
I can't see how you would be stepping on anyone's toes, if you look around there are several ppl who compile CM and AOKP independent of the official roms and openly post on here and rootz. Giving a disclaimer and credit to the rom creators should be sufficient. Android is open source after all, and if the maintainer of this rom doesn't have time to update and you did, then there is no reason you shouldn't share with the community, IMO.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,258

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by wessiide View Post
I can't see how you would be stepping on anyone's toes, if you look around there are several ppl who compile CM and AOKP independent of the official roms and openly post on here and rootz. Giving a disclaimer and credit to the rom creators should be sufficient. Android is open source after all, and if the maintainer of this rom doesn't have time to update and you did, then there is no reason you shouldn't share with the community, IMO.

Not too mention its been 2 weeks with no information about anything from jaybob but he still is on the forums daily.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

jmart518
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
What did you strip if you don't mind me asking?

I ditched email2, exchange, some live wallpapers, other wallpapers, DSPManager (was giving me problems), Voice Dialer. I'm sure there are a few more, just can't think of them right now. I am also using the Calculator from CM instead and Nfc with screen on but locked.

If you guys want to try it, I will be more than happy to upload and share. I can also get a fully stock PA build up tomorrow night and upload it (assuming nobody else has yet). As far as opening a thread, that isn't something I want to take on again. I have developed in the past (good ol' winmo days) and I really don't have the time or desire to do that right now, it's like having another full time job.
Current Phone: LG G3 32GB
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 LTE
Tablet2: Nexus 10 32GB
Tablet3: Kindle Fire

-------------------------------------------
Sense 2019 in a cab
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmart518 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

iomthd
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Sounds like a good build! I'd be down!

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairct View Post
Sadly it's a library issue. I get a nice "can't connect to camera" message :P

I'm going to change a few things, and kick off a build tonight. I'll follow up in the AM with my results
Of coarse it couldn't be something that easy. Well good luck to you and hopefully some good news in the morning. Thanks for taking the time to build.

cmoG530
Old
Thanks Meter 1,067

Quote:
I ditched email2, exchange, some live wallpapers, other wallpapers, DSPManager (was giving me problems), Voice Dialer. I'm sure there are a few more, just can't think of them right now. I am also using the Calculator from CM instead and Nfc with screen on but locked.

If you guys want to try it, I will be more than happy to upload and share. I can also get a fully stock PA build up tomorrow night and upload it (assuming nobody else has yet). As far as opening a thread, that isn't something I want to take on again. I have developed in the past (good ol' winmo days) and I really don't have the time or desire to do that right now, it's like having another full time job.
Thank you for even taking the time, but I know a lot of toro+ users would love and highly appreciate a build as well. If not, then it's okay. Lol. Perhaps there's someone around toro+ that can port.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,258

DONATE TO ME

Quote:

I would love a stock build if you are willing.

claytonjn
Old
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME

Quote:

Is the only thing missing for email/exchange the apks? I need to use exchange but i could just push the apks manually. If so, would you mind sending me a PM with a link to download the version you're running? I'd like to be able to use NFC with the screen on but locked.
I don't suppose you know of any way I could get the notification LED to blink while the screen is on?

Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!

TemplesOfSyrinx
Old
(Last edited by TemplesOfSyrinx; 24th February 2013 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:

I for one would love to try the stripped down version you have. Doesn't sound like you took out anything I use. If you are willing to do a full build that would be much appreciated also.

Thank you jmart.
Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 10

The Following User Says Thank You to TemplesOfSyrinx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]