Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 43,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Toro] 18-JUL-2013

Tip us?

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay View Post
That's not entirety true. When the color is applied transparency is retained. So if the gray part is opaque, then both the gray and color will be the same solid color and will appear to be always full. However, if the icons in the theme were created with the gray having translucency then the color overlay will be translucent of that color in the gray area, and solid where the color is. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Good response but after extensive testing based on your answer I was unable to produce a secondary overlay color without completely blocking out the stats of the original icons.

claytonjn
Old
Thanks Meter 664

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
Good response but after extensive testing based on your answer I was unable to produce a secondary overlay color without completely blocking out the stats of the original icons.

That's strange. Obviously it can be done because it works with the stock PA icons ... I'd have to do more testing, but you could also always just not have the gray background at all.

Don't like this floating cascade icon that appears in some of your MultiWindow apps on your Galaxy Note 10.1?

Click here to change it!

p2im0
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Twonky Beam Issues

I'm unable to "beam" videos from Twonky Beam to my Roku.

I think I've been able to isolate this to ParanoidAndroid as I was unable to beam videos to my Roku on my Nexus 10 while my Galaxy Nexus rooted running stock worked fine. I then restored my Nexus 10 to a stock TWRP backup with root and it worked fine. Also, I've since flashed my Galaxy Nexus to run PA and just noticed that Twonky Beam doesnt work on my GNex now either.

Anyone else out there with a Roku that can test this out?

So far it will not stream any service I throw at it, Vimeo, Youtube, college humor, TED, etc. Just fires off the toast notification saying "Beaming..." and nothing.

DevinQuigley
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME

Anyone know if they will update this to 4.2.2 base?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

CC268
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinQuigley View Post

haha was just about to post the same question, I am curious too
Samsung Galaxy S4 - VZW - ROOTED
Ghost Armor White Carbon Fiber

thefatalepic
Old
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinQuigley View Post

Yes.

//XDAAPP/TORO/AKDUMMY/AOSPA/CARBON//
VZW-S3//CWM//LIQUIDSMOOTH//NOVAPRIME

RoyJ
Old
Thanks Meter 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post

You're talking about how if you change the status bar icon color for an app it turns everything one color so you can't tell how low your battery or strong your signal is? I ran into that problem with most of the themes I've used so far. As soon as I would change my status bar transparent it would happen. Now I use the Sony UXP/XperiaZ theme (like $2 each from play store) and it displays fine. Pretty sweet theme as well! Looks real clean and professional if you ask me. Works great in phablet mode too.

The first picture is of the problem on another theme, followed by a few of the themes mentioned above. Also a picture of the play store apps & dev name so you can find it lol. Like I said these ones are really well done and worth checking out for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-05-18.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1738063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-10-49.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1738064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-22-34.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1738065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-23-24.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1738066  
*Click for device info

ROM: All of them at least once
KERNEL: Bricked Stable
RECOVERY: TWRP 2.3.6.4
Other Devices: Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saber.srod
Old
Thanks Meter 21

How do I turn off pie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

cowsquad
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by saber.srod View Post
How do I turn off pie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
By turning off your phone completely
You can't turn pie off

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ View Post
You're talking about how if you change the status bar icon color for an app it turns everything one color so you can't tell how low your battery or strong your signal is? I ran into that problem with most of the themes I've used so far. As soon as I would change my status bar transparent it would happen. Now I use the Sony UXP/XperiaZ theme (like $2 each from play store) and it displays fine. Pretty sweet theme as well! Looks real clean and professional if you ask me. Works great in phablet mode too.

The first picture is of the problem on another theme, followed by a few of the themes mentioned above. Also a picture of the play store apps & dev name so you can find it lol. Like I said these ones are really well done and worth checking out for sure.
That was my first guess why it displays a solid color overlay on the icons rather than what it is suppose to really do. Certain themes seem affected while others don't. I'm using blue escape by jatx2wine.

Here's my example:

Without changing icon color...

Changed icon color...