Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Toro] 18-JUL-2013

OP jaybob413

17th February 2013, 02:56 PM   |  #5031  
heXacode's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 612
 
735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamMasterClay

That's not entirety true. When the color is applied transparency is retained. So if the gray part is opaque, then both the gray and color will be the same solid color and will appear to be always full. However, if the icons in the theme were created with the gray having translucency then the color overlay will be translucent of that color in the gray area, and solid where the color is. Hopefully that makes sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Good response but after extensive testing based on your answer I was unable to produce a secondary overlay color without completely blocking out the stats of the original icons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 03:33 PM   |  #5032  
claytonjn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 790
 
1,471 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR

Good response but after extensive testing based on your answer I was unable to produce a secondary overlay color without completely blocking out the stats of the original icons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's strange. Obviously it can be done because it works with the stock PA icons ... I'd have to do more testing, but you could also always just not have the gray background at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 05:29 PM   |  #5033  
Member
Flag Nashua
Thanks Meter: 13
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Twonky Beam Issues
I'm unable to "beam" videos from Twonky Beam to my Roku.

I think I've been able to isolate this to ParanoidAndroid as I was unable to beam videos to my Roku on my Nexus 10 while my Galaxy Nexus rooted running stock worked fine. I then restored my Nexus 10 to a stock TWRP backup with root and it worked fine. Also, I've since flashed my Galaxy Nexus to run PA and just noticed that Twonky Beam doesnt work on my GNex now either.

Anyone else out there with a Roku that can test this out?

So far it will not stream any service I throw at it, Vimeo, Youtube, college humor, TED, etc. Just fires off the toast notification saying "Beaming..." and nothing.
17th February 2013, 05:59 PM   |  #5034  
Member
Flag Emeryville
Thanks Meter: 17
 
85 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Anyone know if they will update this to 4.2.2 base?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
17th February 2013, 06:05 PM   |  #5035  
Senior Member
Flag Cave Creek
Thanks Meter: 35
 
648 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinQuigley

Anyone know if they will update this to 4.2.2 base?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

haha was just about to post the same question, I am curious too
17th February 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #5036  
thefatalepic's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 224
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinQuigley

Anyone know if they will update this to 4.2.2 base?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Yes.

//XDAAPP/TORO/AKDUMMY/AOSPA/CARBON//
17th February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #5037  
RoyJ's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 203
Thanks Meter: 1,997
 
3,083 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR

Good response but after extensive testing based on your answer I was unable to produce a secondary overlay color without completely blocking out the stats of the original icons.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You're talking about how if you change the status bar icon color for an app it turns everything one color so you can't tell how low your battery or strong your signal is? I ran into that problem with most of the themes I've used so far. As soon as I would change my status bar transparent it would happen. Now I use the Sony UXP/XperiaZ theme (like $2 each from play store) and it displays fine. Pretty sweet theme as well! Looks real clean and professional if you ask me. Works great in phablet mode too.

The first picture is of the problem on another theme, followed by a few of the themes mentioned above. Also a picture of the play store apps & dev name so you can find it lol. Like I said these ones are really well done and worth checking out for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-05-18.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1738063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-10-49.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1738064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-22-34.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1738065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-17-12-23-24.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1738066  
The Following User Says Thank You to RoyJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2013, 07:41 PM   |  #5038  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
195 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
How do I turn off pie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
17th February 2013, 07:43 PM   |  #5039  
cowsquad's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 267
 
1,116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2009
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber.srod

How do I turn off pie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

By turning off your phone completely
You can't turn pie off
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
17th February 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #5040  
heXacode's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 612
 
735 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toro] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyJ

You're talking about how if you change the status bar icon color for an app it turns everything one color so you can't tell how low your battery or strong your signal is? I ran into that problem with most of the themes I've used so far. As soon as I would change my status bar transparent it would happen. Now I use the Sony UXP/XperiaZ theme (like $2 each from play store) and it displays fine. Pretty sweet theme as well! Looks real clean and professional if you ask me. Works great in phablet mode too.

The first picture is of the problem on another theme, followed by a few of the themes mentioned above. Also a picture of the play store apps & dev name so you can find it lol. Like I said these ones are really well done and worth checking out for sure.

That was my first guess why it displays a solid color overlay on the icons rather than what it is suppose to really do. Certain themes seem affected while others don't. I'm using blue escape by jatx2wine.

Here's my example:

Without changing icon color...




Changed icon color...



Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes