Twice my normal speeds

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362487242122.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362487242122.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,021

someotherguy

Aug 22, 2007
Went from 8down / 6up in southern ohio. to 14down/13up. Average of 3 speedtests before and after radio flash.

willenium_1217

Dec 22, 2010
Remind me all again the lower the dBm number the better correct. I get good 4G reception in my house but at my office it is putrid so I am going to test this when I get to work.

II12yanII

Mar 13, 2012
so after i flashed this my speeds stayed the same but my ping just about doubled. i was at about 90 before and now im around 200 ping. why would the ping become so high?

Grizzly420

May 31, 2010
OnePlus 6T
so after i flashed this my speeds stayed the same but my ping just about doubled. i was at about 90 before and now im around 200 ping. why would the ping become so high?

Redistribution of bandwidth. You had to much you had to share just kidding lol.

Maybe try airplane mode the reconnect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

trestevenson

Oct 21, 2010
I pulled the patched radio.img from my phone after updating to JDQ39 using the otaupdate provided by oldblue and El Madhatter. This file should work coming from any radio as it includes the full radio.img, not just the radio.img.p that is in the update from google.

Thanks for doing this! The radios flashed just fine on my device. :cool:

trparky

Jun 11, 2011
Flashed the radios to my phone, no difference in CDMA performance on this ****ty radio hardware. Let it be known, VIA Telecom and Samsung can't make a decent CDMA radio to save their lives.

Reactions: Deathcactus

myeyez

Jul 16, 2007
Houston
Can anyone comment on battery life with the new radios? I'm wishful that better signal on lte will allow this phone to get through an entire day now.

trparky

Jun 11, 2011
It took a good minute to a minute and a half to flash the CDMA radio for me in TWRP.

trparky

Jun 11, 2011
Id say it took close to 2mins or more. I thought uh ohh for a min.
Yeah... me too. I've always tried to flash radios via fastboot mode if I can. This was the first time in a long time that I flashed radios via Recovery mode. I forgot how long it takes to do that and I got nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I pulled the patched radio.img from my phone after updating to JDQ39 using the otaupdate provided by oldblue and El Madhatter. This file should work coming from any radio as it includes the full radio.img, not just the radio.img.p that is in the update from google. .

It must be flashed through a custom recovery, I do not think fastboot will not work for the LTE radio. The CDMA radio takes awhile, just as it did during the update performed in bootloader.

It flashed fine on my phone, but I'm not responsible for any problems you may have :p.

Thanks to El Madhatter for posting the google link to the update and oldblue910 for the link to the OTA update from google's servers.

MD5: abcbee3c7b888e27218a2bfb3f42c273
    Glad it works ok. I'll have a 'stock deodexed rooted' rom out tonight too if all goes well :). It'll be nice to finally have all updated binaries and other proprietary files that we can only get from google releases.
    Thread Closed, the radios are already posted here (where the thread is stickied) - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1890585
    All in one place to find all radios :)
    Yes, the . 09 and .10 are hardware revision numbers