[FIX]07-07-12-NEW Working GPS Fix and fix for WiFi, BT, & MMS on Verizon 4.1 ROMs
This 'fix' is old and is not be needed anymore since it was only used for GSM JB roms ported to CDMA TORO devices. Now that proper toro roms/sources are available, it will not 'fix' anything unless you are wanting to use an old rom.
This flashable .zip contains fixes for the some of the GSM settings used by those releasing Toro Jellybean ROMs. I haven't checked them all to see which ones are still using GSM settings, but these fixes shouldn't hurt anything if they are already using the correct files. I imagine they will eventually be incorporated just like the wifi fix was. Here is what is changed by this .zip:
- /system/app/Mms.apk - correct uaprof for Verizon. Thanks to adrynalyne. Allows you to receive videos and play them. It converts to MMS instead of splitting at 160 characters! Just FYI. It can be fixed, but with jelly bean AOSP, I don't know if there is much point.Will replace any themed MMS you are using.
- /system/etc/wifi/bcmdhd.cal - Fixes weak wifi signal
- /system/vendor/firmware/bcm4330.hcd - Fixes weak BT signal and may help wifi as well.
NEW Fix for gps
- So far, all reports have been that it helps gps. Please make a backup of the files listed below or know how to recover to your rom's versions if something does not work. The .zip does not break your gps now
. It contains the stock files from Verizon IMM76K 4.0.4 ROM.
- /system/vendor/etc/sirfgps.conf - Using Verizon's version instead of GSM version.
Please post with feedback if there are problems or it works
As always, you are taking the risk of using these files. I use them and have no problems, but I can't guarantee everyone else's experience will be the same.