Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 42,463 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

Tip us?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffcavicchi View Post
Hey Mark-
Trying to get auto-update working again, but can't find gnextoolkit-updater100.exe - any hints? Searched my entire C drive.

Thanks!
It should be put in the root of the Toolkit installation folder (same place as the toolkit.exe file). Make sure not to run the Toolkit before looking as it will delete the update file as soon as it is run.

Mark.

jeffcavicchi
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
It should be put in the root of the Toolkit installation folder (same place as the toolkit.exe file). Make sure not to run the Toolkit before looking as it will delete the update file as soon as it is run.

Mark.
Perfecto - thanks for the quick reply!

timrock
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Finally gonna root my Nexus. I plan to install Mmuzzy Rom 4.2.2. Is there any issue with doing this? I see on the first page it says roms up to 4.2.1 will work with this method.
Nexus 7 (2013)
I couldn't hold out, so i rooted.

Add me on Google+

Supermanpa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Could some tell me if you donate to the to the Nexus 7 toolkit, does it also allow you unlock the Galaxy nexus toolkit for updates as well?

alicious
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Got this when trying to run it today......I have 4.1.1

adb server is out of date. killing...
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: unknown host service

Tried started the Toolkit, rebooting, and switching networks (thought it might be connectivity issue) all with no luck. Any ideas?

Currently:

Phone: Samsung GN I515 CDMA | ROM: ARHD 6.1.0 (4.1.1 build) | Kernel: 3.0.8-gaaa2611 | Radio: I515.09 V.EK06 / I515.EK04
Tablet: Nook Color|ROM: MIUI|Kernel: James Bond 1.2Ghz AK 387 GPU

t1.8matt
Old
Thanks Meter 395
i've been having the same issue. when i run commands through terminal with adb or fastboot i don't have any problems, only when trying to use the toolkit. no offense to the OP, but this is why it's good to brush up on your terminal skills in case something like this happens, you have another way of fixing something or running some other command. i'd like to know why the toolkit does this though.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermanpa View Post
Could some tell me if you donate to the to the Nexus 7 toolkit, does it also allow you unlock the Galaxy nexus toolkit for updates as well?
i had to donate for the n7 toolkit separately, the gnex key wouldn't work for the n7 kit.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G
The Following User Says Thank You to t1.8matt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Garner
Old
(Last edited by Garner; 22nd February 2013 at 10:33 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,125

DONATE TO ME
Ignore this post

Remember If I Have Helped You Hit The Button

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602
I have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Atom 4.2.2 with AK kernel. I set up everything as it is suppose to be. Donated to get auto-update. Took forever to find the part to download to newest version. Closed out after that and downloaded the 4.2.2.zip and extracted to root of Toolkit folder. Asked if I wanted to overwrite 4 files and I said yes. Ran Toolkit again and when I got to the Build options I still don't see 4.2.2 in the list. The closest one is 4.1.2 for CDMA/LTE Verizon Model. Is the 4.2.2 suppose to show up in the build?

I do see my serial number. I don't see fastboot mode enabled which I assume I need to be in fastboot for anything to show up as list of devices attached?

adlakeche
Old
(Last edited by adlakeche; 23rd February 2013 at 10:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwaggeR View Post
I have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Atom 4.2.2 with AK kernel. I set up everything as it is suppose to be. Donated to get auto-update. Took forever to find the part to download to newest version. Closed out after that and downloaded the 4.2.2.zip and extracted to root of Toolkit folder. Asked if I wanted to overwrite 4 files and I said yes. Ran Toolkit again and when I got to the Build options I still don't see 4.2.2 in the list. The closest one is 4.1.2 for CDMA/LTE Verizon Model. Is the 4.2.2 suppose to show up in the build?

I do see my serial number. I don't see fastboot mode enabled which I assume I need to be in fastboot for anything to show up as list of devices attached?
Verozon has not released a 4.2 anything yet. . 4.1.2 is latest by verizon, that's why it is not listed. VZW will keep you behind as much as they can. They would rather sell you a phone than update your existing.

Actually think they have only released 4.1.1
NEXUS N5

Nexus 7 2012, 2013

Omate Truesmart

heXacode
Old
Thanks Meter 602
Default Re: [GNex TOOLKIT V10.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [VERI

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlakeche View Post
Verozon has not released a 4.2 anything yet. . 4.1.2 is latest by verizon, that's why it is not listed. VZW will keep you behind as much as they can. They would rather sell you a phone than update your existing.

Actually think they have only released 4.1.1
So basically the 4.2.2.zip, provided by the dev, is a patch to help with Nexus running 4.2.2 ROMs?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2