5,606,201 Members 32,831 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

Tip us?

loveubuntu
Old
Thanks Meter 131
unlocking(manually) a friend's phone, I did not rememeber that it would erase all pics. Is there a way to get it back? unlocked but not rooted yet. TIA

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveubuntu View Post
unlocking(manually) a friend's phone, I did not rememeber that it would erase all pics. Is there a way to get it back? unlocked but not rooted yet. TIA
Nope sorry everything that was on the virtual sd card is very much wiped now. I learned that lesson the hard way too the first time I unlocked.

Mark.

loveubuntu
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Nope sorry everything that was on the virtual sd card is very much wiped now. I learned that lesson the hard way too the first time I unlocked.

Mark.
Thanks man. I thought so. The messed up thing is that it wasn't my first time unlocking. I just blanked out and forgot. Oh well. I really am not impressed with this no external sd card devices. It gave me a sense of security to know that I had an sd card I could take out if something went wrong (drop the phone in water lately?).

I will n ot buy another virtual sd card device. That's for sure.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveubuntu View Post
Thanks man. I thought so. The messed up thing is that it wasn't my first time unlocking. I just blanked out and forgot. Oh well. I really am not impressed with this no external sd card devices. It gave me a sense of security to know that I had an sd card I could take out if something went wrong (drop the phone in water lately?).

I will n ot buy another virtual sd card device. That's for sure.
I know what you mean this is the first phone I have had with no external expansion and yes it doesnt give you much confidence if you should have an accident. I have my dropbox on my phone set to automatically upload all camera and camcorder files over wifi and dropbox linked on my pc means so at least I know I will never lose those files and they available on my pc without ever having to plug my phone in. Everything else on my virtual sd card is expendable.

Mark.

ddgarcia05
Old
(Last edited by ddgarcia05; 9th April 2012 at 12:13 AM.)
Thanks Meter 122
I tried to restore my lte nexus to stock. It extracted the stock image and said that my device would reboot into setup but it never rebooted....what now.

Nevermind. Looks like there was a second file in the google image folder.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13450

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgarcia05 View Post
I tried to restore my lte nexus to stock. It extracted the stock image and said that my device would reboot into setup but it never rebooted....what now.

Nevermind. Looks like there was a second file in the google image folder.
Did you sort it out?

Mark.

jss2
Old
Thanks Meter 27
On the first post, it says (and the screen shot shows) that this works with the GSM version of 4.0.4 IMM76D, but for the CDMA/LTE version, it doesn't have 4.0.4 IMM76D, rather, it has 4.0.4 IMM30B.

Right now, on my CDMA/LTE phone, I'm running BAMF Paradigm v1.2, which is based on 4.0.4 IMM76D.

Does v5.6 of this toolkit work with CDMA/LTE 4.0.4 IMM76D builds? If so, which choice should I select at the first screen?

Thanks.

Flawd
Old
(Last edited by Flawd; 12th April 2012 at 07:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Not sure if it's something with an app I have installed or if it's with the toolkit as I haven't had time to test, but I just wanted to get this written down before I forget.

I disabled shutter sounds for the camera and video recorder.

I installed the max quality settings.

I rebooted.

I took a couple pictures. Everything seemed fine (actually it seemed unchanged at all, file sizes were the same if not smaller, but that's not why I'm here).

I took a test video. When copying it to the computer to view the quality, I noticed there were two videos. Both were named correctly (VID_20120412_TIME) but one had a (1) at the end. The "original" without the 1 is 60MB, and the "copy" with the (1) is 88MB.

More file info: both files have the exact same detailed info according to Win7 properties:

VIDEO
Length: 00:24
Frame width: 1280
Frame height: 720
Data rate: 30651kbps
Total bitrate: 30782kbps
Frame rate: 29

AUDIO
Bit rate: 131kbps
Channels: 2(stereo)
Audio sample rate: 48 kHz

The date and time created is also the same for both.

Edit: Just curious, why stereo audio recording? Is it utilizing the noise cancellation mic or something? Or is it just required to have the higher quality?
Galaxy Nexus - Toro - Sourcery 2.3
Retired - N1 - CM7 Nightlies
Retired - G1 - CM6

skater95
Old
(Last edited by skater95; 12th April 2012 at 10:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 48
Help please? So I'm 99% sure I have the drivers installed, I downloaded them from samsung, and when I try to install them with the toolkit it gives me the MUI error, so they're installed, but my phone isn't showing up on the adb or fastboot. I'm wanting to unlock and root my phone and put AOKP and Franco kernel so I have a better battery life.

Edit: PDAnet got me to get the toolkit to recongize my phone.

MarcMaiden
Old
(Last edited by MarcMaiden; 13th April 2012 at 08:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Hi guys,

I am having a weird issue

(first off awesome program man, props to you)

for some reason when I try to root my phone, it just hangs at waiting for device. By hang i mean ive waited over 10 minutes for it to do something. The weird thing is, I tried it on two different computers, my laptop have V5.5 and my desktop has 5.6 and both have the same issue. It worked on the laptop before so I'm not sure what is different. USB debugging is on.

EDIT: more info
the device is showing as connected through adb
I am selecting the right build number
I am fully charged etc

any help would be awesome!
Thanks,
MArc

EDIT

I am a retard - wasn't in fastboot mode......those mimosas I had for breakfast sure didnt help...
Motorola Droid -> HTC Aria -> Samsung Captivate -> HTC Surround (wp7) -> Dell Streak -> HTC Inspire -> Motorola Atrix -> Nexus S -> SGS II -> HTC Sensation -> LG G2X -> Motorola Bionic -> Galaxy Nexus running MIUI and Franco Kernal!

Acer Iconia Tab a500 - Asus Transformer 101 - Kindle Fire - Asus Transformer Prime

Logitech Google TV