Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

OP mskip

14th April 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #591  
Thanks Meter: 130

524 posts
I don't think I've commented yet on how awesome this utility is. Thanks so much for putting it all together and keeping it updated. It has come in handy many many many many times and I will continue to praise its usefulness.

14th April 2012, 07:33 AM   |  #592  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
i'm in fastboot mode and it still just sits there waiting for device....

any tips?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

the driver install within the toolkit gives the error that you are instructed to disregard, so i am under the impression the drivers are fine. i know i've never installed the pdanet drivers referenced in one of the first posts so i tried and get this:

also in the above image is what device manager lists for the phone...looks normal...

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

for those that run into the same thing i did, try following the instructions on installing the android adb driver manually. that seems to have worked for me.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

almost forgot.....thanks skip!

14th April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #593  
Thanks Meter: 277

2,709 posts
So I achieved root via this toolkit months ago. I just flashed a mod from a fellow member and now it broke root. I'm running a 4.0.4 rom, do I just go back and get root again? Or is there something else I can do?
16th April 2012, 03:40 PM   |  #594  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,877

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218

So I achieved root via this toolkit months ago. I just flashed a mod from a fellow member and now it broke root. I'm running a 4.0.4 rom, do I just go back and get root again? Or is there something else I can do?

If you lost root then you can just use the ToolKit to reroot the phone. Make sure to select 4.0.4 from the Model Selection Screen so the ToolKit uses the correct insecure boot image.

Mark.
16th April 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #595  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
UPDATE TO GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT V5.7

ChangeLog:
ToolKit v5.7 (16th April 2012)
+Added extra error control when flashing Google Stock Rom to detect incorrectly named files
+Added more info after installing drivers
+Fixed Camera quality profiles for fast sound playback in HQ Profile (Phone Mods Section)
+Minor bug fixes and streamlined code

The compiled package file is not digitally signed (as it costs money to buy a Microsoft authenticode certificate). This may be thrown up on your PC as a potential virus or you may just be asked if you want to trust the file. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO VIRUSES IN THIS TOOLKIT.

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 05:24 PM   |  #596  
Flag Maynard, MA
Thanks Meter: 32

106 posts
More
Mark,

thanks for your continued support of this toolkit. Now that v5.7 is out, can you answer my question from several days ago:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=587

Does v5.7 support LTE/CDMA 4.0.4 IMM76D builds in addition to IMM30B builds? It's clear that 4.0.4 IMM76D builds are supported for the GSM version, but it's not clear for the CDMA/LTE version.

Thanks again.
16th April 2012, 09:06 PM   |  #597  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 24

70 posts
More
Will this utility work with the Sprint version that's coming, or is it too soon to know until someone has one in their hands? Thanks.
16th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #598  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Examiner19

Will this utility work with the Sprint version that's coming, or is it too soon to know until someone has one in their hands? Thanks.

It all depends which build is shipped with the Galaxy Nexus but it will be an LTE model on Sprint so im sure it will be covereable by the ToolKit the same as Verizon's LTE version is now.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #599  
Flag Norfolk

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jss2

Mark,

thanks for your continued support of this toolkit. Now that v5.7 is out, can you answer my question from several days ago:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=587

Does v5.7 support LTE/CDMA 4.0.4 IMM76D builds in addition to IMM30B builds? It's clear that 4.0.4 IMM76D builds are supported for the GSM version, but it's not clear for the CDMA/LTE version.

Thanks again.

IMM76D is a GSM build and the Rom you are using is an LTE Rom with parts of IMM76D included (I assume). The Model Selection screen is only really needed for stock users so the correct boot image can be used to perform certain functions (rooting, pushing files and performing phone mods). As you Rom is a custom Rom it is most probably using an insecure boot image so whenever you are asked that question in the ToolKit you can reply 'yes'.

You can select the 4.0.4 LTE build from the Model Selection screen but as long as your Rom uses an insecure boot image then it doesnt really matter what you choose.

Mark.
17th April 2012, 12:12 AM   |  #600  
Flag Maynard, MA
Thanks Meter: 32

106 posts
More
Mark,

thanks for answering my question about 4.0.4 IMM76D, and of course, thanks for creating and maintaining this great tool. It's very much appreciated.

- Jason

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread