Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

Tip us?

spectrumfox
Old
Thanks Meter 129
I don't think I've commented yet on how awesome this utility is. Thanks so much for putting it all together and keeping it updated. It has come in handy many many many many times and I will continue to praise its usefulness.

turntable
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i'm in fastboot mode and it still just sits there waiting for device....

any tips?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

the driver install within the toolkit gives the error that you are instructed to disregard, so i am under the impression the drivers are fine. i know i've never installed the pdanet drivers referenced in one of the first posts so i tried and get this:

also in the above image is what device manager lists for the phone...looks normal...

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

for those that run into the same thing i did, try following the instructions on installing the android adb driver manually. that seems to have worked for me.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

almost forgot.....thanks skip!

tu3218
Old
Thanks Meter 247
So I achieved root via this toolkit months ago. I just flashed a mod from a fellow member and now it broke root. I'm running a 4.0.4 rom, do I just go back and get root again? Or is there something else I can do?

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu3218 View Post
So I achieved root via this toolkit months ago. I just flashed a mod from a fellow member and now it broke root. I'm running a 4.0.4 rom, do I just go back and get root again? Or is there something else I can do?
If you lost root then you can just use the ToolKit to reroot the phone. Make sure to select 4.0.4 from the Model Selection Screen so the ToolKit uses the correct insecure boot image.

Mark.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
UPDATE TO GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT V5.7

ChangeLog:
ToolKit v5.7 (16th April 2012)
+Added extra error control when flashing Google Stock Rom to detect incorrectly named files
+Added more info after installing drivers
+Fixed Camera quality profiles for fast sound playback in HQ Profile (Phone Mods Section)
+Minor bug fixes and streamlined code

The compiled package file is not digitally signed (as it costs money to buy a Microsoft authenticode certificate). This may be thrown up on your PC as a potential virus or you may just be asked if you want to trust the file. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO VIRUSES IN THIS TOOLKIT.

Mark.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jss2
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Mark,

thanks for your continued support of this toolkit. Now that v5.7 is out, can you answer my question from several days ago:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=587

Does v5.7 support LTE/CDMA 4.0.4 IMM76D builds in addition to IMM30B builds? It's clear that 4.0.4 IMM76D builds are supported for the GSM version, but it's not clear for the CDMA/LTE version.

Thanks again.

Examiner19
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Will this utility work with the Sprint version that's coming, or is it too soon to know until someone has one in their hands? Thanks.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Examiner19 View Post
Will this utility work with the Sprint version that's coming, or is it too soon to know until someone has one in their hands? Thanks.
It all depends which build is shipped with the Galaxy Nexus but it will be an LTE model on Sprint so im sure it will be covereable by the ToolKit the same as Verizon's LTE version is now.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jss2 View Post
Mark,

thanks for your continued support of this toolkit. Now that v5.7 is out, can you answer my question from several days ago:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=587

Does v5.7 support LTE/CDMA 4.0.4 IMM76D builds in addition to IMM30B builds? It's clear that 4.0.4 IMM76D builds are supported for the GSM version, but it's not clear for the CDMA/LTE version.

Thanks again.
IMM76D is a GSM build and the Rom you are using is an LTE Rom with parts of IMM76D included (I assume). The Model Selection screen is only really needed for stock users so the correct boot image can be used to perform certain functions (rooting, pushing files and performing phone mods). As you Rom is a custom Rom it is most probably using an insecure boot image so whenever you are asked that question in the ToolKit you can reply 'yes'.

You can select the 4.0.4 LTE build from the Model Selection screen but as long as your Rom uses an insecure boot image then it doesnt really matter what you choose.

Mark.

jss2
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Mark,

thanks for answering my question about 4.0.4 IMM76D, and of course, thanks for creating and maintaining this great tool. It's very much appreciated.

- Jason