5,593,458 Members 36,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GNEX TOOLKIT V11.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, Recovery, Flash + MORE [VERIZON]

Tip us?

palomosan
Old
(Last edited by palomosan; 2nd May 2012 at 08:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
My problem is the following...
I installed and uninstalled the drivers (all of them with USBDeview) installed them back using the tool kit but when I check for the fast boot drivers in Device Manager I don't see the Android 1.0.

I went to ADB and checked, my phone's serial number is listed but it says offline, any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Galaxy Nexus Rooted with Jellybean on Verizon
Asus Transformer

krze
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Will 6.1 be able to unlock/root the new IMM76K (Verizon 4.0.4 build)? If not, what does the time frame look like if any?
Galaxy Nexus - i515 - (AOKP 4.2.2 / leanKernal 6.0)
↪ Ringke Slim Case (White) ↩

Retired: DroidX // Galaxy Tab 10.1

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by krze View Post
Will 6.1 be able to unlock/root the new IMM76K (Verizon 4.0.4 build)? If not, what does the time frame look like if any?
If you or someone else has the new 4.0.4 IMM76K build on your verizon phone then try selecting the GSM IMM76I (option 6) from the Model Selection Screen. Then try the root process and the phone will try to boot using the insecure boot image from the gsm build. If it boots into the LockScreen then the root process will work using that build and I can update the ToolKit accordingly. If it doesnt boot the phone will just reboot and use the proper boot image, nothing lost and no harm done.

If the root doesnt go through by using the gsm IMM76I insecure boot image then I need a stock boot.img file from the LTE IMM76K build so I can make it insecure and add it to the ToolKit ASAP.

Mark.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by palomosan View Post
My problem is the following...
I installed and uninstalled the drivers (all of them with USBDeview) installed them back using the tool kit but when I check for the fast boot drivers in Device Manager I don't see the Android 1.0.

I went to ADB and checked, my phone's serial number is listed but it says offline, any help will be appreciated, thanks.
Run the Device Manager so you can see it clearly on the screen, then put the phone in fastboot mode and plug in the usb cable. You should see a device pops up in the Device Manager and can check if the driver is installed for it. If you dont notice anything pop up then do it a few times. If nothing pops up then try a different usb port or cable.

If you can sort out the fastboot driver then do exactly the same thing with the phone booted up (to the Lockscreen).

If you havent done so already then shut down and reboot your phone and pc to initiate the drivers.

Mark.

dmillerzx
Old
(Last edited by dmillerzx; 2nd May 2012 at 04:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 81
I'm trying this now will report if it works or not.

Edit: As you suggested using the gsm IMM76I insecure boot image appeared to flash successfully; however, root was not achieved. I'd like to provide you with the file you need more modification if it's something I can do. Really need to regain root, the usual method of placing the su.zip doesn't work either.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13361

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmillerzx View Post
I'm trying this now will report if it works or not.

Edit: As you suggested using the gsm IMM76I insecure boot image appeared to flash successfully; however, root was not achieved. I'd like to provide you with the file you need more modification if it's something I can do. Really need to regain root, the usual method of placing the su.zip doesn't work either.
Did you see exactly what messages appeared in the ToolKit when booting the image and pushing/setting permissions of the 2 rooting files. It would help alot to determine if its a problem with the boot image or something else.

Mark.

dmillerzx
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Did you see exactly what messages appeared in the ToolKit when booting the image and pushing/setting permissions of the 2 rooting files. It would help alot to determine if its a problem with the boot image or something else.

Mark.
Mark-

Sorry about that! I appeared to have not finished the actual rooting process. When I went back into fastboot mode to try and reflash hoping to gather more information, the initial process finished. Upon another reboot I am again able to to use root permission on IMM76K! Thanks you so much; this INDEED works. Since this was under the GSM build would you recommend re-rooting once you update the toolkit for the VZW build? I suppose I just want to make sure using this method won't have any negative effects.
The Following User Says Thank You to dmillerzx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nam3less
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmillerzx View Post
Mark-

Sorry about that! I appeared to have not finished the actual rooting process. When I went back into fastboot mode to try and reflash hoping to gather more information, the initial process finished. Upon another reboot I am again able to to use root permission on IMM76K! Thanks you so much; this INDEED works. Since this was under the GSM build would you recommend re-rooting once you update the toolkit for the VZW build? I suppose I just want to make sure using this method won't have any negative effects.
I can confirm that it does indeed work. My update process was as follows:
  1. flash to 4.02
  2. boot into android and run the "7" option under ICL53F to root/unlock/etc
  3. it screams at me telling me i'm already unlocked, blah blah
  4. boot into android
  5. boot into clockworkmod and flash 4.04 zip
  6. boot back into android
  7. superuser still found in apps list??????
  8. rooted using GSM IMM76I anyway. Superuser still in list
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nam3less For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmillerzx
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nam3less View Post
I can confirm that it does indeed work. My update process was as follows:
  1. flash to 4.02
  2. boot into android and run the "7" option under ICL53F to root/unlock/etc
  3. it screams at me telling me i'm already unlocked, blah blah
  4. boot into android
  5. boot into clockworkmod and flash 4.04 zip
  6. boot back into android
  7. superuser still found in apps list??????
  8. rooted using GSM IMM76I anyway. Superuser still in list
My process was essentially identical. Remember to reset Google Wallet from WITHIN (not the clear app data and cache from app info) the GW app to ensure you avoid the secure element error. This should be the first thing you do before you start the upgrade process if you're using Google Wallet.

nam3less
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Just a slight update as well: make sure you download and install busybox or apps like Titanium Backup won't work as the update obviously doesn't come with it.