Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[INDEX] The Galaxy Nexus Resource Bible - Roms, Kernels, Radios & Guides (11/7/14)

OP Multisupermono

6th October 2012, 07:36 PM   |  #11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 300

829 posts
More
Nice job! Thanks for taking time out to put up this thread.
9th October 2012, 06:31 AM   |  #12  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516

2,203 posts
More
I'm unfortunately stuck under what ROM best suits me now. Either each day or days later I end up switching ROMs and normally a circle of ROMs.
I've tried all the big best ones and just ain't satisfied, well not in a bad way but more or less it gets sluggish or ends up riddled with bugs or something.

JBsourcery, Paranoid Android, CNA many more. Is there a stable decent ROM out there for a music/gamer junkie? If I need a certain I've flashed before is there a certain kernel I need to use?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
9th October 2012, 06:40 AM   |  #13  
Forum Moderator
Flag Denver, CO Likes: Omne absconditur in palam veniat
Thanks Meter: 3,336

5,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by withbloodskies

I'm unfortunately stuck under what ROM best suits me now. Either each day or days later I end up switching ROMs and normally a circle of ROMs.
I've tried all the big best ones and just ain't satisfied, well not in a bad way but more or less it gets sluggish or ends up riddled with bugs or something.

JBsourcery, Paranoid Android, CNA many more. Is there a stable decent ROM out there for a music/gamer junkie? If I need a certain I've flashed before is there a certain kernel I need to use?

My favorite kernel for a couple of years now has been Faux and I have been on CM since its early days with CM 4
9th October 2012, 07:00 AM   |  #14  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga

2,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning

My favorite kernel for a couple of years now has been Faux and I have been on CM since its early days with CM 4

Last time I ran cm10 official, I got all sorts of issues, cm updater kept force closing, screen flashed constantly at random times and other quirks.
I've ran Cm6 Late to 10 now. Cm is a great developer no doubt, maybe it was just a bad release? Guess I'll retry another cm10 nightlie see how it runs to me.

As far as kernels, I need something with battery life and extra options.

24th October 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #15  
Flag Rochester, MN
Thanks Meter: 17

86 posts
More
Already needs updating! The problem with these types of threads is that it is a lot of work to keep it current.
24th October 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #16  
Forum Moderator

5,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryatric

Already needs updating! The problem with these types of threads is that it is a lot of work to keep it current.

Instead of being rude why don't you point it out as asked in the OP?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
25th October 2012, 10:34 PM   |  #17  
Flag Rochester, MN
Thanks Meter: 17

86 posts
More
Didn't mean to be rude. I'm just saying the op would have to go through the forum list daily or at least weekly to keep this up. Great idea, but hard to keep current - and not very useful if its not.
25th October 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #18  
Forum Moderator

5,215 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerryatric

Didn't mean to be rude. I'm just saying the op would have to go through the forum list daily or at least weekly to keep this up. Great idea, but hard to keep current - and not very useful if its not.

Not really hard, its an old phone most of the development is already done. The only thing new that I see worth adding is aokp build 5

26th October 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 318

1,555 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning

Not really hard, its an old phone most of the development is already done. The only thing new that I see worth adding is aokp build 5

Jeez its not ollld yet

The Following User Says Thank You to tacosrdelicioso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2012, 11:15 PM   |  #20  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga

2,203 posts
More
I'd say.. we won't get new life until 4.2 or 5.x. It will happen but until then he is right, I bought this phone during the middle cycle of this phones life. If we had devs interested in porting sense/touchwiz we'd have some new life on our phone until 4.2-5.x.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread