Post Reply

[KERNEL][GPL][11 OCT - Milestone 6][r196-ICS r283-JB] franco.Kernel | 4.0/4.1 |

OP franciscofranco

10th February 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #1881  
franciscofranco's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Mountain View, CA
Thanks Meter: 89,227
 
15,834 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman7

Loaded 16.2 last night. Seems to be running pretty well. However, I'm surprised with some results with AnTuTu. Running it with francoTurtle 400/1000, I get ~5400. Running with performance 700/1350, I get ~4500? That seems counterintuitive.

I seriously have no idea but I wouldn't count on bench values too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondercomesthetrain

Is this even right? These voltages seem..... a bit too high for the CPU speeds. I just flashed 16.2 and I had the stock CNA kernel on it before. I've been having ducky battery life for a couple of days. Perhaps this is my reason?

Running CNA 1.3.3 with Franco Kernel 16.2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Those are stock values from TI.
10th February 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #1882  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
No deep sleep on 16.2 running turtle with all default values on AOKP. Reverting back to 16.1
10th February 2012, 07:13 PM   |  #1883  
mbh87's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Idaho
Thanks Meter: 1,538
 
6,475 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by far_star

No deep sleep on 16.2 running turtle with all default values on AOKP. Reverting back to 16.1

If you are on AOKP 22, it's likely the SDM.apk causing your sleep issues. Lots of people are having the same problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mbh87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #1884  
Senior Member
Flag Pomona CA
Thanks Meter: 10
 
226 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
"Dynamic hotplug removed - this is a good idea on paper but CPU spikes up every other time while trying to check if cpu1 was online or not, and that is not expected at all. I may return to this implementation in the future if I think of a better way to do it"

But I still have the option to use it in 16.2 so it wasnt really removed?

EDIT: Or maybe you can still select it but it does nothing?
10th February 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #1885  
Elganja's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRy88

"Dynamic hotplug removed - this is a good idea on paper but CPU spikes up every other time while trying to check if cpu1 was online or not, and that is not expected at all. I may return to this implementation in the future if I think of a better way to do it"

But I still have the option to use it in 16.2 so it wasnt really removed?

EDIT: Or maybe you can still select it but it does nothing?

update your app
10th February 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #1886  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree of Knowledge

Back on 13.1 again. I still think it's the best one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I agree. I just went back to 13.1 and my phone is running supa fiiine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
10th February 2012, 08:31 PM   |  #1887  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
138 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by yondercomesthetrain

I agree. I just went back to 13.1 and my phone is running supa fiiine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Do you happen to have a link to download 13 .1?
10th February 2012, 08:33 PM   |  #1888  
jbdan's Avatar
Senior Member
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 523
 
2,229 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
There are a lot of people including me who have run all your kernels. I know you don't support older versions that is fine. But do you have any insider info as to why you think so many of us are finding 13.1 to be so exceptional? Do you take comments and reports from older kernels and try to implement similar parameters in newer revisions? What I have learned with kernels and the GN is that newer is rarely better. I'm just curious, I understand if you have not enough time to reply.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccogan

Do you happen to have a link to download 13 .1?

Yes here dated Jan 20th. Just remember older versions are not supported
The Following User Says Thank You to jbdan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #1889  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbh87

If you are on AOKP 22, it's likely the SDM.apk causing your sleep issues. Lots of people are having the same problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk


yep. That was it. I froze the app with Titanium Backup and I phone sleeps and sleeps and sleeps.

Thanks.
10th February 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #1890  
Fahrenheit's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
92 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
I've tried searching on this, but didn't see it, and its not mentioned in the OP.

Is there a way to revert to the stock kernel after loading your custom kernel (even if its through the Franco Kernel app)? Or do you have to rely on a previous Nandroid backup?

Sent from Galaxy Nexus

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
franco kernel, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon Galaxy Nexus Android Development by ThreadRank