[KERNEL][GPL][11 OCT - Milestone 6][r196-ICS r283-JB] franco.Kernel | 4.0/4.1 |
* I have 1 version for ICS(4.0.3/4.0.4) and one version for JB(4.1/4.1.1/4.1.2). If you ask if it works on older roms I will kick your ass
* Overclockable by tons of frequencies
* Custom Voltage Control from Ezekeel
* Sound Control from Ezekeel/Greg White
* OMAP Gamma interface
* Trinity's Contrast control
* Wifi_PM toggle
* Fsync toggle
* Thermal Throttle toggle
* Debug **** removed
* BFQ v5 IO scheduler by default
* Ramdisk tweaks
* Performance/battery carefully picked tweaks
* Lots more **** - flash and see for yourself
* Merged all patches related to 4.1.2
* Fixed the famous data drops by tricking Smartreflex to not overly calibrate certain hardware parts
* Added custom changes to lowmemorykiller driver to force the device to have a certain amount of free RAM to sustain smoothness over the time
* Made the launcher unkillable by the lowmemorykiller driver to prevent redraws or widget crapping itselfs
* Added a new governor called dyninteractive - this is similar to interactive in 99% but instead this new governor dynamically adapts its own tunables and settings depending on the system load.
* Increased Interactive governor kernel priority thread for the frequency change task - more smoothness
* Added a new tuneable for Interactive governor called input_boost_freq. Path is here: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/input_boost_freq
* Added all TCP Congestion algorithms presents in the kernel. To check all algorithms run this command on the Terminal/ADB Shell: sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control
To change the algorithm: sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORI THM
* BFQ IO scheduler updated from v4 to v5
* Added other smaller but still relevant changes available on my github repository
1. My device rebooted or crashed, how can I help?
A: Get me /proc/last_kmsg or logcat.
2. Battery sucks, my device is not entering deep sleep. FIX PLOX!
A: Fix it yourself, it's an app waking your device up not the kernel's problem
3. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel, amg u sucks!
A: The kernel has nothing to do with gsm/cmda signal. Make sure you have the latest radios
4. Do I need to wipe anything when flashing this kernel?
5. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
A: Learn to read, everything you need to know is in the features list, changelog or public repo.
6. GTA3, FIFA2012 or any game of the type isn't opening?
A: Flash this on CWM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=20011
Jelly Bean kernel for 4.1/4.1.1 only:
Milestone 6: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G...Milestone6.zip
Ice Cream Sandwich only:
Milestone 4: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy%20Nexus/
Nightlies 384Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G...es/gpu_384mhz/
Nightlies 512Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/G...xus/nightlies/
franco.Kernel updater app features:
* Downloads the kernel directly from the ftp
* Checks for updates directly from the ftp
* Checks and downloads Imoseyon's kernel (new feature)
* Kernel auto-flash
* Cpu frequencies changer
* Governor changer
* Voltage control interface
* Kernel settings:
* Hotplug enabler
* Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile
* Sound Control - Increase the max volume of your device
* Download special franco.Kernel boot animation
* Wi-fi special mode to boost signal during streaming while on screen off
* Custom download path
* Live calibrated voltages panel
* Disable logger
* SQlite defrag on boot
* Dedicated milestone and nightly kernels changelogs
My apps list: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Ym9vdC5jb20iXQ
Jelly Bean kernel source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/T..._pre1/tree/4.1