[KERNEL][GPL][11 OCT - Milestone 6][r196-ICS r283-JB] franco.Kernel | 4.0/4.1 |

Search This thread

JeffR714

Mar 25, 2010
Philadelphia Pa
Sound Problem

First off if the answer has already been posted I apologize I didn't have the time to research. I'm running Gummy 0.7.6 with imoseyon 2.2.0 I've had no problem with audio with the imoseyon kernels! But I wanted to try the franco kernel and each time I flashed his kernel I had low audio I'm also running 4.0.4 gapps I use poweramp primarily. Any help would be appreciated

First off if the answer has already been posted I apologize I didn't have the time to research. I'm running Gummy 0.7.6 with imoseyon 2.2.0 I've had no problem with audio with the imoseyon kernels! But I wanted to try the franco kernel and each time I flashed his kernel I had low audio I'm also running 4.0.4 gapps I use poweramp primarily. Any help would be appreciated

Scroll up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

notphilip

Nov 19, 2011
After installing 18.6, my phone acts like I'm constantly plugging and unplugging headphones. I cleared both caches and the problem still persists.

jerry247

Feb 11, 2009
This was brought up elsewhere but I thought I would bring it to you attention Franco.

On CM7 there was a 'night' mode. Basically it would allow black and red only. Seeing how you have the color change as part of your kernel can this be added as an option on the colors screen in your app? Have one button for night mode and one to return to saved values (as is already there).

Thanks for reading. And I love your kernel with AOKP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Chain fire 3d has a night mode widget.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mike216

Nov 12, 2010
cleveland
Battery life is crazy on this kernel! Man I haven't seen a 4 hour screen on time but this might be the one!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kichard

May 10, 2011
State College, PA
Can we please vote to change the color multipliers from slider bars??? I don't wanna take 10inutes out of my day just to try and get one in its appropriate place lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

meber

Jun 24, 2011
Ouya
Can we please vote to change the color multipliers from slider bars??? I don't wanna take 10inutes out of my day just to try and get one in its appropriate place lol.

Or just allow to increment by one by tapping the left and right arrows to fine tune the numbers.

Reactions: danman7

timbck2

Jun 17, 2010
Santa Fe, NM
The release notes aren't showing up for me in the updater app. Where else can I find them so I can decide whether to update to 18.6?

Never mind, I just found them in the original post. Any idea why the updater isn't showing them though? I just get a blank screen.

Last edited:

danman7

Mar 13, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
Or just allow to increment by one by tapping the left and right arrows to fine tune the numbers.

Yes! This, please. Making fine adjustments can be maddening.

Reactions: sway40

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    franco.Kernel features:

* I have 1 version for ICS(4.0.3/4.0.4) and one version for JB(4.1/4.1.1/4.1.2). If you ask if it works on older roms I will kick your ass
    * Overclockable by tons of frequencies
    * Custom Voltage Control from Ezekeel
    * Sound Control from Ezekeel/Greg White
    * OMAP Gamma interface
    * Trinity's Contrast control
    * Wifi_PM toggle
    * Fsync toggle
    * Thermal Throttle toggle
    * Debug **** removed
    * BFQ v5 IO scheduler by default
    * Ramdisk tweaks
    * Performance/battery carefully picked tweaks
    * Lots more **** - flash and see for yourself

Changelog:
    Milestone 6:
    * Merged all patches related to 4.1.2
    * Fixed the famous data drops by tricking Smartreflex to not overly calibrate certain hardware parts
    * Added custom changes to lowmemorykiller driver to force the device to have a certain amount of free RAM to sustain smoothness over the time
    * Made the launcher unkillable by the lowmemorykiller driver to prevent redraws or widget crapping itselfs
    * Added a new governor called dyninteractive - this is similar to interactive in 99% but instead this new governor dynamically adapts its own tunables and settings depending on the system load.
    * Increased Interactive governor kernel priority thread for the frequency change task - more smoothness
    * Added a new tuneable for Interactive governor called input_boost_freq. Path is here: /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/interactive/input_boost_freq
    * Added all TCP Congestion algorithms presents in the kernel. To check all algorithms run this command on the Terminal/ADB Shell: sysctl net.ipv4.tcp_available_congestion_control
    To change the algorithm: sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_congestion_control=NAME_OF_THE_ALGORITHM
    * BFQ IO scheduler updated from v4 to v5
    * Added other smaller but still relevant changes available on my github repository

F.A.Q:
    1. My device rebooted or crashed, how can I help?
    A: Get me /proc/last_kmsg or logcat.
    2. Battery sucks, my device is not entering deep sleep. FIX PLOX!
    A: Fix it yourself, it's an app waking your device up not the kernel's problem
    3. Signal is dropping since I flashed the kernel, amg u sucks!
    A: The kernel has nothing to do with gsm/cmda signal. Make sure you have the latest radios
    4. Do I need to wipe anything when flashing this kernel?
    A: No.
    5. Does this kernel has X or Y mod?
    A: Learn to read, everything you need to know is in the features list, changelog or public repo.
    6. GTA3, FIFA2012 or any game of the type isn't opening?
    A: Flash this on CWM http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27515966&postcount=20011

Downloads:
    Jelly Bean kernel for 4.1/4.1.1 only:
    Nightlies: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/JB/Jelly Bean/
    Milestone 6: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/... Bean/milestones/franco.Kernel-Milestone6.zip

Ice Cream Sandwich only:
    Milestone 4: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/
    Nightlies 384Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/nightlies/gpu_384mhz/
    Nightlies 512Mhz GPU: http://minooch.com/franciscofranco/Galaxy Nexus/nightlies/

franco.Kernel updater app features:
    * Downloads the kernel directly from the ftp
    * Checks for updates directly from the ftp
    * Checks and downloads Imoseyon's kernel (new feature)
    * Kernel auto-flash
    * Cpu frequencies changer
    * Governor changer
    * Voltage control interface
    * Kernel settings:
    * Hotplug enabler
    * Color Control - You're able to change GAMMA values and Color Multipliers to achieve the best color profile
    * Sound Control - Increase the max volume of your device
    * Download special franco.Kernel boot animation
    * Wi-fi special mode to boost signal during streaming while on screen off
    * Custom download path
    * Live calibrated voltages panel
    * Disable logger
    * SQlite defrag on boot
    * Dedicated milestone and nightly kernels changelogs
    My apps list: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...nVsbCxudWxsLDEwMiwic2ltcGxlLnJlYm9vdC5jb20iXQ

Source: https://bitbucket.org/franciscofranco/android-tuna-omap/
    Jelly Bean kernel source: https://github.com/franciscofranco/Tuna_JB_pre1/tree/4.1

Have fun.
    r185
    * New Wi-Fi driver from android-omap-3.0 repository - may contain bugs because it's around a 30 patches merge
    * Decreased a little bit the nominal voltages to accommodate the change to the smartreflex driver change for the 1.5Ghz and 1.4Ghz steps
    * SR now skips calibration if the nominal voltage is >= 1300mV instead of the previous 1350mV value
    * New toggle to disable thermal throttle: echo N > /sys/module/omap_temp_sensor/parameters/throttle_enabled (need testing on this, might or might not work as I can't achieve higher temperatures than 68ºC no matter what I do)
    * Small tweaks and optimizations - check repo
    26th April - Milestone 3
    This is the perfected version of the last 35 days of testing of roughly 1 nightly build a day. The most important changes from Milestone 2 are:
    * Merged 4.0.4 kernel patches from Google (IMM76D and IMM76I)
    * Data dropouts is fixed
    * Interactive Governor patched up to be in line to android-3.0 branch
    * Hotplug governor added and tweaked for stability
    * Merged a lot of patches from omapzoom.org for battery and performance improvements in our OMAP4 board drivers
    * Hotplug_mod renamed to Generic Hotplug and changed paths to: /sys/module/omap2plus_cpufreq/parameters/generic_hotplug
    * Added BLX from Ezekeel. The default value is 96. Path: /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge
    * Reduced VAUX3 and VUSIM voltages for more screen_on time at the end of the day
    * Simple IO scheduler added and made default
    * EXT4 patches from 3.0.2X kernel.org patch
    * Lots of small tweaks and improvements that are available on my bitbucket git repository

Thanks for everyone whos been with me, helped, reported and supported me. Big shout out to +Ezekeel Johnson and +IMosey On for their awesome work on their kernels, some of their patches, code and long hours discussing kernel stuff.
    I've cleaned the thread from earlier today. There seems to be a lack of respect. If a developer is working his ass off to provide you with something and you do not like it, don't use it. Do not come in here and try to start trolling and getting a rise out of people. If it happens again, there won't be infractions, there will be bans. If you have a question about the specific rom and/or kernel then ask, but do not come in here with an attitude saying someones work is not up to par and does not meet members' standards. I will only say this once.
    "No, guys, seriously, these Extenze really work!"