No registration required

[KERNEL][GPL][11 OCT - Milestone 6][r196-ICS r283-JB] franco.Kernel | 4.0/4.1 |

OP franciscofranco

21st April 2012, 05:05 AM   |  #4091  
Flag cleveland
Thanks Meter: 1,069

5,043 posts
More
hi Franco, you have any good suggestions for Iva and core UV settings?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st April 2012, 05:06 AM   |  #4092  
Thanks Meter: 10

52 posts
Thanks guys.
21st April 2012, 08:51 AM   |  #4093  
Flag Huntington Beach
Thanks Meter: 16

105 posts
More
The new kernel (141) feels super snappy! Totally in love.
21st April 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #4094  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 88

578 posts
first time Franco kernel user here :)
I recently got my Nexus Galaxy and today I flashed Franco kernel. While using the Franco Kernel Updater app, I've got these questions:
- If I manually undervolt in "OC/UV" tab, do the voltage settings apply on boot? does "Set at boot" affect undervolt settings??
- In "Settings" tab. If I turn on "Generic hotplug", does the "CPU Mode" settings affect generic hotplug when screen is off?
- In "Calibrated voltages" tab. Is there any way to know the current voltages when smartreflex is turned OFF? Also, are my undervolt settings always ineffective when smartreflex is Not disabled?

Thank you very much :)
21st April 2012, 01:48 PM   |  #4095  
Flag London/Leeds
Thanks Meter: 79

437 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by houzuoguo

first time Franco kernel user here :)
I recently got my Nexus Galaxy and today I flashed Franco kernel. While using the Franco Kernel Updater app, I've got these questions:
- If I manually undervolt in "OC/UV" tab, do the voltage settings apply on boot? does "Set at boot" affect undervolt settings??
- In "Settings" tab. If I turn on "Generic hotplug", does the "CPU Mode" settings affect generic hotplug when screen is off?
- In "Calibrated voltages" tab. Is there any way to know the current voltages when smartreflex is turned OFF? Also, are my undervolt settings always ineffective when smartreflex is Not disabled?

Thank you very much :)

Undervolt settings do not set on boot (This will always be the case because undervolting can lead to freezes on boot if voltages are too low)

Generic hotplug shuts down cpu1 when screen is off, so I assume if you are using single core mode, cpu1 is already off thus no cpu is turned off by the generic hotplug (my assumption)

Your undervolt settings are not ineffective when SF is enabled. Your settings will act as the maximum voltage which the SF will hit, so they will be at your set value or lower.

There is no way to check your current voltages (directly) using the calibrated voltages tab (when SF is off), however in the tab it tells you the MHz at which the phone is running at, and then you can go to the UV settings tab and see what you've set that speed to. (as SF is off your phone will always use this value at this clock speed)

With SF off, the phone will use your applied voltage for each frequency
With SF on, the phone will use your applied voltage OR LOWER at each frequency
The Following User Says Thank You to darrendm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #4096  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 14

189 posts
More
Just curious, anyone else experiencing GPS issues? The last three times I went for a run I have been unable to get a signal. I keep up with the nighties and use the on demand governor. No UV and using.cm9. I don't know what other information is helpful/relevant.

And of course, thanks for all the hard work Francisco, it's absolutely appreciated by all!

Sent from my Limited Edition Galaxy Nexus, using Tapatalk 2.
21st April 2012, 05:05 PM   |  #4097  
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 192

893 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokm4n

Just curious, anyone else experiencing GPS issues? The last three times I went for a run I have been unable to get a signal. I keep up with the nighties and use the on demand governor. No UV and using.cm9. I don't know what other information is helpful/relevant.

And of course, thanks for all the hard work Francisco, it's absolutely appreciated by all!

Mine works... you sure it's not the rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
21st April 2012, 05:08 PM   |  #4098  
Boston
Thanks Meter: 14

189 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sway40

Mine works... you sure it's not the rom?

I'll try a new one next time I run. thanks for the suggestion-never had any issues with cm though, but certainly worth trying.

21st April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #4099  
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 192

893 posts
More
Cm9 is a good rom, but not done by any means so there's chance something somewhere is not working. Try aokp, I was always loyal to cm until I tried aokp and haven't looked back since.

21st April 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #4100  
Thanks Meter: 3

200 posts
Do people recommend using "generic hotplug" does it save a lot of battery?

How about using the "sqlite" setting?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
franco kernel, samsung
Previous Thread Next Thread