Ask a question

No registration required

[MOD] Video Bitrate Control (20-50mbps vs 10mbps stock) **NOW with demo link***

OP CouttsPhotog

9th February 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 20

64 posts
If you want an easy way to manage this, check out mskip's toolkit

He added a few easy to apply bitrate mods and also disable shutter sounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to holmes6 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 168

1,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedandDangerous

Doesn't the GN record audio in stereo by default?

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEVILFREDx

Has anyone tried this mod on 4.04 ?

yes, it works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to zerozoneice For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 06:22 PM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 19

385 posts
Does the toolkit allow for stereo recording or do we need to edit the media-profiles?
2nd March 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
Framrate
There is a cool app called Camera ICS+ which is only 99 cents. It looks just like the stock ICS camera app, but lets you turn off video stabilization and double the video bitrate and for photos uses a higher quality JPEG compression if you choose. Anyway, it's pretty cool for 99 cents anyway. I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get 1080p at 30fps, and not 24. 720p looks so much smoother at 30fps, and I KNOW the 4460 processor can definitely handle it since 4430 processors are pulling 1080p at 30fps. If anyone has any suggestions or information, I would really appreciate it. Thanks

OOPS, sorry, the title should have obviously read, "Framerate" lol, sorry for the mispelling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdamNJ77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #55  
Riverside
Thanks Meter: 5

62 posts
More
Would this help with movies that I add to the sdcard section? my issue is that many if not all of the movies that I add, when I watch them on my phone the picture tends to lag a few seconds behind then the audio, then it will fast forward to the point that the audio is playing only to do it again a few seconds later

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
9th March 2012, 08:49 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 0

43 posts
More
Super work! Holmes6 Thanks , have a request , it is not possible to increase the framerate in 1080 to 30 ? Use same settings as necessary to SGS2 , the framerate is 30, and videos are perfect. Thank you very much !
14th March 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 228

745 posts
More
I'd also like to know if theres some hope for 1080p 30fps. I don't know if its something we can control since the data in the xml file looks like it's pretty much set for 30 fps, and if it were that easy I get the feeling Samsung/Google would have flipped the bits for it already.

Also, the numbers in OP are way too high. I strongly recommend a capped bitrate of 20mbps for max and a min of 12mbps. I was finding that at 32-60mbps range my files were way too huge and the quality difference, if there even really was one, was not worth triple the file size. Any perceived increase in quality may also be credited to "placebo" effect.

My settings give files 1/3rd the size on disk that the OP's give and at what appears to be the same or similar quality.

Min: 12000000
Max: 20000000
14th March 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #58  
Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 11

170 posts
More
thanks for the tip, has anyone noticed any quality change when changing the picture/compression setting?

Since this is somewhere along the same camera lines chat, do you guys know if it's possible to adjust somehow the density of the flash or the way it reacts to prevent getting red/yellow eyes when using the flash?
15th March 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
I havent noticed a difference yet, but I dont have enough pictures to compare yet.

My real interest is stereo sound and getting 30 FPS to work for 1080p. I'd be extremely happy if 1080p recording worked, as it is right now 720p is the way to go due to how choppy 24fps looks. Those extra 6 frames per second make a big difference.
15th March 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 228

745 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithxt1

I havent noticed a difference yet, but I dont have enough pictures to compare yet.

My real interest is stereo sound and getting 30 FPS to work for 1080p. I'd be extremely happy if 1080p recording worked, as it is right now 720p is the way to go due to how choppy 24fps looks. Those extra 6 frames per second make a big difference.

I bumped up my audio recordings for 720/1080p to 192kbps 2 channel (stereo), and WMP is reporting about that. Usually 195ish kbps bitrate so much better audio quality at little to no impact on file size. As far as the actual practicality of it being in "stereo" now can't tell. I don't really know how to test it to see if it really is in stereo, besides muting a channel at a time and seeing if I hear different things. I'll do some testing I suppose.

As far as 30fps at 1080p, we already know the hardware should be more than capable of doing it, but there must be something there that caused Google/Samsung to hold off at 24fps. Whatever the reason be, I am confident it will not be an easy switch in an xml document.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread