Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OTA Update IMM30B 4.0.4

Tip us?

fr4c
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattont View Post
I was running the 4.0.3 radios on 4.0.2 stock rooted. Flashed back to the 4.0.2 radios and rebooted. Once I verified everything was fine I went back to CWR Touch and flashed the update to 4.0.4 update and the new su.zip. My phone rebooted and everything is peachy.

There does seems to be a little lag when I unlock the phone. It hangs for a little bit on the unlock if the phone has been asleep for even a short period of time. No biggie, but I def noticed it coming from 4.0.2. Other than that there aren't many obvious changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
I get a slight "screen lag" as well when unlocking the phone. Anyone else experience this? Only happens when the phone has been idle for a while though.
And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

pattont
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I found another problem... When my alarm goes off in the morning I am unable to shut it off, it makes a really funny noise and then the phone reboots. Its happened 3 times now. Extremely annoying.

ljv
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattont View Post
I found another problem... When my alarm goes off in the morning I am unable to shut it off, it makes a really funny noise and then the phone reboots. Its happened 3 times now. Extremely annoying.
This happened to me twice. I wiped and did a fresh install again and problem has not returned.

pattont
Old
Thanks Meter 3
uhhhh I don't wanna have to wipe to fix it. That's just annoying.

veloslave
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylui View Post
Faster smoother and a hell of alot of signal strength! I think we have a winner. Forsure. Thanks op! Im steady at 4 bars on the ****ter :P used to get 1!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Hate to tell you but you ARE NOT getting more signal strength... you are getting the SAME strength and MORE BARS. They have improved the way that 3G and 4G hand off to each other but other than that all you are seeing is improved REPORTING of signal.

Have YOU considered donating to your favorite XDA Developer? A few bucks buys a cold one and says THANKS!

Sammy GNEX on Big Red with MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2.2 running the show along with adbFreedom and kmagameguy's MODs. History: HTC Incredible, HTC XV6800 - dcd3.20/radio 3.42/Kitchen, Samsung I730, Samsung I700, Ipaq 3650 (w/cell phone data link) Treo 360, Treo 180 (still have almost all of them except the POC 360)

pattont
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm thinking about going back to 4.0.2. So far 4.0.4 isn't all that great. Doesn't seem ready for prime time.

timcreech
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0LdFire View Post
This is the error I'm getting when flashing this in CWM with a stock rooted ROM (stock radio as well):

Verifying current system....
assert failed: apply_patch_check("EMMC:/dev/block/platform/omap/omaphsm.mc.0/by-name/bootINSERT TONS OF MD5 HERE)
E: Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.
I had the same error. I figured out that it was a custom Kernel that I had installed

What i ended up doing was downloading the Google stock images here... http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

Then drilled into the file to get the boot.img and system.img and used WungFresh's Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to install them
http://www.galaxynexusforum.com/foru...t-toolkit.html

From there flashed update.zip and all was good. Initial thoughts are that it seems much more responsive......

Lw00d
Old
(Last edited by Lw00d; 16th February 2012 at 09:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
If you are unlocked, temp boot a pre-rooted kernel. http://www.box.com/s/xf6bz8f1j004bk0zc78a

fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot boot newboot.img

Once booted:

adb remount
adb push nameofupdate.zip /cache/
adb reboot recovery

In stock recovery:

flash from /cache
my device is stock on secound step.
fastboot boot newboot.img its stay stock on wait on device.
what did i do wrong?

STock
Root

ok. all i did was reboot my device, i got message boot img ok..

now when i push the update i get message no such file or directory.

i have the update.zip file in my nexus root of memory, and in the platform tool folder

cpomike13
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs down Can't get any rom to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiseup151z View Post
Try installing clockwork (non touch) again ...directly from clockwork app ...that solved my problem ...same issue.
I saw your recommendation, and updated my CWM, loaded the Rom, without success. I rooted and unlocked using root tool kit. I've tried to load other roms and can't get anything to go. Is there a way of checking it?

poena
Old
Thanks Meter 3
is this rom rooted?
i have it installed already and titanium backup isn't mounting r/w.

for some reason i thought this rom was rooted.

thanks