OTA Update IMM30B 4.0.4

Search This thread

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I have the URL.

But I have to wait 8 posts?

You have the URL for what? The 4.0.4 update rolling out today is IMM76K, not IMM30B. This IMM30B update referred to in this thread was rolled out to a small number of devices back in February.

Now, if you have a link for updating IMM30B to IMM76K, then please email the link to me! haha

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
So if I'm on IMM30B is there any way for me to update to the latest leaked OTA?

Or am I on a dead end path until I wipe and flash something new?

Thanks

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
So if I'm on IMM30B is there any way for me to update to the latest leaked OTA?

Or am I on a dead end path until I wipe and flash something new?

Thanks

I don't think you're on a dead OTA path. The thing is, the new 4.0.4 leak was IMM76K and they only released a 4.0.2->IMM76K file, which was subsequently deleted after a few hours.

I think once Google gives an update that VZW approves, you'll see patches for 4.0.2, 4.0.4/IMM30B and 4.0.4/IMM76K. Keep in mind that neither of those are technically leaks since they were pushed out (whether by mistake or otherwise) to a small number of end customers. It wouldn't seem right to leave those customers stranded on a pulled build simply because they were part of an experiment gone awry.

So to recap...if you want to run 4.0.4/IMM76K, you'll have to flash back to 4.0.2/ICL53F. If you choose to hang out on IMM30B until a universal update is released, I'd say chances are good you'll see an incremental update from IMM30B to whatever the new update is.

gbenj

Feb 4, 2008
I don't think you're on a dead OTA path. The thing is, the new 4.0.4 leak was IMM76K and they only released a 4.0.2->IMM76K file, which was subsequently deleted after a few hours.

I think once Google gives an update that VZW approves, you'll see patches for 4.0.2, 4.0.4/IMM30B and 4.0.4/IMM76K. Keep in mind that neither of those are technically leaks since they were pushed out (whether by mistake or otherwise) to a small number of end customers. It wouldn't seem right to leave those customers stranded on a pulled build simply because they were part of an experiment gone awry.

So to recap...if you want to run 4.0.4/IMM76K, you'll have to flash back to 4.0.2/ICL53F. If you choose to hang out on IMM30B until a universal update is released, I'd say chances are good you'll see an incremental update from IMM30B to whatever the new update is.

Thanks for the response...thats a good point, I had forgotten that these weren't leaks as much as builds that were actually pushed out, albeit for a short period of time.

I'm not so worried about being on IMM76K vs IMM30B right now so I have no issue hanging out for a bit. My worry was more about the next update, getting to 4.0.5 and beyond from my stranded build, but as long as a patch to bring users from 30B to 76K or whatever else comes along that won't be an issue.

spectrumfox

Oct 5, 2009
I don't know if was a leak so much as it was a test. I think Verizon is having difficulties getting the lte radio right. IMO these last ones suck

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

From what I understand, Verizon and Google are in talks with Samsung as well about patching their LTE hardware because its possibly contributing to the overall issue and that's why it's taking so long.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4.0.4 update: http://www.mediafire.com/?l1wxw3exb9195w7

"Stock LTE ONLY users:

Rename it to update.zip, then you can flash.

Rooted LTE users who have made no filesystem modifications:

Same thing.

Those with CWM, rooted, but no filesystem modifications:

Good luck. I can modify the installer script if there is an issue.

Everyone else. If you flash this as GSM, well...tsk.

One radio is a patch file. I cannot extract it. Also, be aware, there is a bootloader in this. Those always make me worry.

My disclaimer: Don't flash it if you are squeamish or fear bricks."
    Couple of notes here:

• You must be on 4.0.2 bootloader, radios, boot partition (kernel), and system or this will failed.
    • You can use this in both stock and CWM recovery.
    • You will lose root and will have to reroot afterwords using CWM!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

This is now the new stock reboot menu (I kid you not, no mods!):

jl728.png
    New feature/fix:

Rotation speed seems 25% faster (actually reasonable now) :)
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.
    I'm a little confused and was wondering if someone could confirm that it's safe for me to flash this. If I restore my nandroid backup of the stock 4.0.2 rom I have, it's ok to flash this? I have not flashed a different bootloader or radios since I originally unlocked and rooted it. Restoring root and CWM I get also. I'm still a tad newbish with the Nexus so I'm sorry if this question may seem dumb.

Your safe I did that and all went well for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium