Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RELEASE] [05-09-12] Gummy 1.2.0 - The Chronicles of Nyania

Tip us?

EyeOfTruth
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLeM3Boosted View Post
Sorry for the newb question- I recently installed version 0.4.8 and was wondering what is the best way to install to 0.5.0 without having to re-arrange my desktop again with all my widgets. Will I have to do that if I go through the install procedure and wipe data in CWM?

I know Titanium Backup can backup/restore your apps+system data but it can't backup what I have on my desktop. I know if I use launcher programs I can back it up but I prefer to use the AOSP version. Any help would be appreciated!

BTW- keep up the great work. I have donated!!

You can just install 0.5.0 over 0.4.8 no reason to format. I always clear cache when I do a upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to EyeOfTruth For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PLeM3Boosted
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeOfTruth View Post
You can just install 0.5.0 over 0.4.8 no reason to format. I always clear cache when I do a upgrade.
Awesome- thanks for the info.

mike216
Old
Thanks Meter 1069
Go in recovery wipe both caches flash the rom then flash Google apps
You'll have to reflash Google apps because the script from the rom will format the system and well Google apps are system apps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mike216 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yyhd
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Oh man...I didn't even realize kejar got a Gnex. He was AMAZING for the Droid Charge community. Hmm...now I'm thinking I really must pick up a Gnex.

Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Imaulle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still unable to hold a 4G connection. It keeps falling back to 3G Was I supposed to flash a radio or anything when I went from stock to 0.5.0 ?

I unlocked the bootloader, flashed CWM, cleared data from CWM, then installed 0.5.0 + gapps from CWM. Did I skip a step somewhere?

ihyln
Old
Thanks Meter 24
My only issue with .5 is liberty launcher. While its nice I can remove the search bar the space is still unusable. Then I had problems with novalauncher crashing. So I reverted back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Juvenall
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
My only issue with .5 is liberty launcher. While its nice I can remove the search bar the space is still unusable. Then I had problems with novalauncher crashing. So I reverted back
In regards to Nova Launcher, I had the same problems when I went with the "standard" apk install. Once I used the .zip and flashed it in CWM, my problems went away. Give that a shot if you haven't already.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juvenall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JeffR714
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I've been running Gummy rom since I got my Galaxy Nexus and have had no problems I guess I'm lucky the only problem is the same all of us have and that's battery probs. His rom has run perfect for me and it seems like its gotten better with each update I wanted to find one good rom and stick with it I've done the switching back and forth flashing everything and its become old. This rom is a excellent piece of work and I'm happy with the way it runs
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted)
Google Nexus 7 (2013) (Rooted)

fubaya
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhd View Post
Sent from my iPad 2 3G using Tapatalk
We have a spy in here guys!
I sporadically post useful scripts or tricks here.
The Following User Says Thank You to fubaya For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

droidrage2010
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubaya View Post
We have a spy in here guys!

LOL. Get a rope!