Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 50,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] 4.2.2 - JDQ39 - toro build from maguro OTA + MODs

Tip us?
 
mwalt2
Old
(Last edited by mwalt2; 15th February 2013 at 05:43 AM.)
#1  
mwalt2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,498
Posts: 2,138
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default [ROM] 4.2.2 - JDQ39 - toro build from maguro OTA + MODs

Since I can't seem to get a build working from AOSP tonight, I went ahead and used the stock JDQ39 ROM for maguro by bigxie and added/replaced the files to make it work well with toro devices. I think everything is working and I even updated things like the eri.xml so no one gets the tcdma network name while roaming. Since we have to add all of the toro-specific props to build from aosp, I don't think there is anything that I missed. I'm sure that aosp will be finished updating soon and we'll have some roms built from there, but for those of you who are impatient like me...here you go .

It's working fine for me, but flash at your own risk and know how to recover anything you don't want to lose.

DOWNLOAD Goo.im
MD5: e2b0e920704126d81133e041fef6f3cc
GAPPS from JDQ39 included
Rooted, deodex'd, & BusyBox by bigxie

Fix for off-center lockscreen target HERE. Thanks klobkelosh!

MODS
Extended Power Menu - CM style
- Ability to reboot, hot reboot, reboot recovery, & reboot bootloader.
- Long press volume with screen off to skip track
- Replaces /system/framework/android.policy.jar
- Thanks to Cyanogenmod and xIC-MACIx
- Power Menu DOWNLOAD

1% Battery Mods
- Thanks to mugendon and whoever made the battery image files
- (old image, newer version has slightly larger numbers)
- DOWNLOAD
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to mwalt2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
patmw123
Old
#2  
patmw123's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 52
Join Date: Oct 2010
Just what I was looking for. Thanks!
 
bsmitty83
Old
#3  
bsmitty83's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7,176
Posts: 2,388
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Default Re: [ROM]JDQ39-4.2.2-toro build from maguro OTA

Hell why not .....:beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
 
lurch81
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jul 2010
Default Re: [ROM] 4.2.2 - JDQ39 - toro build from maguro OTA

Gapps included? Sorry just double checking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
mwalt2
Old
#5  
mwalt2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,498
Posts: 2,138
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurch81 View Post
Gapps included? Sorry just double checking

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Yes, it's basically a /system and boot.img dump from a gsm device with the update applied. I just added/removed a few files to make it work with our phones.
 
NyPlaya513
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 670
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yes, it's basically a /system and boot.img dump from a gsm device with the update applied. I just added/removed a few files to make it work with our phones.
is this rooted by chance as well?
 
lurch81
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 76
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yes, it's basically a /system and boot.img dump from a gsm device with the update applied. I just added/removed a few files to make it work with our phones.
Thx! Notice any improvements on this over 4.2.1?
 
mwalt2
Old
#8  
mwalt2's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,498
Posts: 2,138
Join Date: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyPlaya513 View Post
is this rooted by chance as well?
Yes, though the included superuser binary has an update when you open the superuser app.
 
NyPlaya513
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 135
Posts: 670
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Yes, though the included superuser binary has an update when you open the superuser app.
not a problem, thanks alot. i am at work so for someone like yourself to take care of root is much appreciated
 
pricematthew4143
Old
(Last edited by pricematthew4143; 13th February 2013 at 06:09 AM.)
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 108
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Since I can't seem to get a build working from AOSP tonight, I went ahead and used the stock JDQ39 ROM for maguro by bigxie and added/replaced the files to make it work well with toro devices. I think everything is working and I even updated things like the eri.xml so no one gets the tcdma network name while roaming. Since we have to add all of the toro-specific props to build from aosp, I don't think there is anything that I missed. I'm sure that aosp will be finished updating soon and we'll have some roms built from there, but for those of you who are impatient like me...here you go .

It's working fine for me, but flash at your own risk and know how to recover anything you don't want to lose.

DOWNLOAD Goo.im
MD5: e2b0e920704126d81133e041fef6f3cc
GAPPS from JDQ39 included
Rooted & BusyBox by bigxie
thanks for the smoother install, this runs much faster and grabs signals better than mine, thanks this thing is fast as hell now...yeah this is hella smooth...thanks for cleaning it up...it is balls on

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes