Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP](6/21/14) Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P]

Tip us?

quickdraw86
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by crs7 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a F2FS version of Shiny?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
I take it you're asking if someone has modded and posted an F2FS version? No, not to my knowledge. You could always use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53672471

To convert this or just about any gnex ROM to F2FS though...
Devices:

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32gb (flo)
ROM: Jdevil/Slimkat

Phone: Galaxy Nexus 32gb
ROM: Slimkat
The Following User Says Thank You to quickdraw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crs7
Old
(Last edited by crs7; 10th July 2014 at 04:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw86 View Post
I take it you're asking if someone has modded and posted an F2FS version? No, not to my knowledge. You could always use

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53672471

To convert this or just about any gnex ROM to F2FS though...
Thanks, I saw that. Might have to try android version, I have a mac. will have to read through the tread,thought i remember seeing something about the size of shiny causing problems and having to remove some apks that come with it.

quickdraw86
Old
Thanks Meter 286
Quote:
Thanks, I saw that. Might have to try android version, I have a mac. will have to read through the tread,thought i remember seeing something about the size of shiny causing problems and having to remove some apks that come with it.
Yes. That's what's meant by "purge .apks" F2FS uses a smaller system space than ext4, you'd have to put shiny on a diet prior to conversion.
Devices:

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32gb (flo)
ROM: Jdevil/Slimkat

Phone: Galaxy Nexus 32gb
ROM: Slimkat

crazyeats
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Poo updated Linux version to work on Mac.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RepeatUntilTheEnd
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I'm still having MMS issues and can't figure out the problem. I get a message in Hangouts that says I have an MMS message waiting (screenshot attached). I select "download" and nothing happens. I'm not having any other issues with data or messaging. Can anyone that's not having this issue check their default APN settings? Any other ideas about why this is happening?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405303055488.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	2850001  
The Following User Says Thank You to RepeatUntilTheEnd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rushead
Old
Thanks Meter 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RepeatUntilTheEnd View Post
I'm still having MMS issues and can't figure out the problem. I get a message in Hangouts that says I have an MMS message waiting (screenshot attached). I select "download" and nothing happens. I'm not having any other issues with data or messaging. Can anyone that's not having this issue check their default APN settings? Any other ideas about why this is happening?

This usually happens when you have data issues. I never had this happen on Shiny, but it could happen from just being in a shady data area.
And the knowledge that we fear is a weapon to be used against us....

wastedlife
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Just want to give a big thanks to baldwinguy77 for making the most stable 4.4 ROM I've used for the Gnex! Our LG G3s should be coming pretty soon, so I'll probably end up selling our old ones. I may end up keeping one to use like an iPod touch though, so I might end up sticking around. If not, it's been great, thanks guys!
My Verizon Galaxy Nexus "toro" | Paranoid Android | Golden Kernel | Nexus Louder Mod | HoloGlass Theme
Wife's Verizon Galaxy Nexus "toro" | Paranoid Android | Golden Kernel | Nexus Louder Mod
Using "Mitch0115 Optimal gpsconf.zip"? It uses incorrect gps.conf syntax, use TopNTP or this instead.