Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

OP Romanbb

23rd April 2012, 10:44 PM   |  #1961  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman0101

On b33 what kernel is best?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I've had good luck with Franco's nightlies and with Imo's nightlies.


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #1962  
otis_bartleh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Martinez, CA
Thanks Meter: 42
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
I can't speak for the Franco's kernel, but I've also had good luck with Imo's lean kernel...
24th April 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #1963  
otis_bartleh's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Martinez, CA
Thanks Meter: 42
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Fixed, nevermind ....
Last edited by otis_bartleh; 24th April 2012 at 05:53 AM.
24th April 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #1964  
ckelly33's Avatar
Senior Member
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 72
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacosrdelicioso

Sometimes when I unlock into mms and the keyboard is up...I type to reply to a text message and what I type doesn't go into the text box. Fix is to go home and back...ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

This happens on Stock 4.0.2 unrooted (which I was on til today) quite often.
24th April 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #1965  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 319
 
1,557 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

This happens on Stock 4.0.2 unrooted (which I was on til today) quite often.

Wish there was a solution...must be ics. Also...when receiving a call the buttons appear under the soft keys..like it doesn't recognize them. Just me on that one?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
24th April 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #1966  
ckelly33's Avatar
Senior Member
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 72
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeman0101

On b33 what kernel is best?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

OK. I'm returning to rooting after a year of going stock and I feel like I've forgotten more than I remember.

I've done alot of reading and I'm exhausted. I rooted this morning with the intention of going with LiquidSmooth, then decided after upgrading the radios that I'd stay stock, then I read about AOKP and downloaded and put it on my phone when I came across this post.

Kernals? Is this significant? In addition to reading about ROMs do I need to study kernals as well? Can I just flash AOKP and use the kernal that is there?
24th April 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #1967  
Beamer9408's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172
 
932 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

OK. I'm returning to rooting after a year of going stock and I feel like I've forgotten more than I remember.

I've done alot of reading and I'm exhausted. I rooted this morning with the intention of going with LiquidSmooth, then decided after upgrading the radios that I'd stay stock, then I read about AOKP and downloaded and put it on my phone when I came across this post.

Kernals? Is this significant? In addition to reading about ROMs do I need to study kernals as well? Can I just flash AOKP and use the kernal that is there?

Sure can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Beamer9408 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:09 AM   |  #1968  
ckelly33's Avatar
Senior Member
MartinTN
Thanks Meter: 72
 
864 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer9408

Sure can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Thanks.

Just did some more reading and figured that out.

I'm all-read-out, fried. I had the day off and the only thing I planned on doing was root, update radios (done those), and put on a ROM. Didn't get that last one done. Spent all day reading threads.

So much information.....so many choices!
The Following User Says Thank You to ckelly33 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:31 AM   |  #1969  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 319
 
1,557 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

Thanks.

Just did some more reading and figured that out.

I'm all-read-out, fried. I had the day off and the only thing I planned on doing was root, update radios (done those), and put on a ROM. Didn't get that last one done. Spent all day reading threads.

So much information.....so many choices!

Lol reminds me of me and my incredible. A week after I got my first Android phone..the HTC incredible way back when dinosaurs ruled the earth I was already displeased with the lack of depth in the stock rom. I felt like I could be able to make it more personal and more..idk what I thought it should be. Low and behold I discovered I could and dove right into it....great phone to start with. The android community is truly amazing....its incredible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tacosrdelicioso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #1970  
sway40's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston Tx
Thanks Meter: 192
 
893 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly33

Thanks.

Just did some more reading and figured that out.

I'm all-read-out, fried. I had the day off and the only thing I planned on doing was root, update radios (done those), and put on a ROM. Didn't get that last one done. Spent all day reading threads.

So much information.....so many choices!

At least some still search and read, instead of asking the same question a thousand times.

~Sent from my GNexus on Aokp~

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sway40 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes