Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 48,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - toro - build 35

Tip us?

Medic97
Old
Thanks Meter 22
just flashed 32 no issues so far. Great work guys!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Is there anyway to change the menu icon back to 3 dots. trying to use tablet mod and the new icon is messing everything up.

mrgoochio
Old
(Last edited by mrgoochio; 16th April 2012 at 12:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
quick noob question.. how do i get all my downloaded apps to automatically re download? when i got my phone a few days ago it automatically downloaded all the apps i had from my old phone but flashing to aokp didn't automatically do that for me. is there a way to do this?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

eh.. clicked reset nav bar in the setting and it completely removed my nav bar and theres no way to get it back.. even rebooting didn't help. it just says system UI error every few seconds on the screen. do i have to reflash the rom to fix?

edit: got my apps to resync after i reflashed the 2nd time. first time didn't prompt me to sync for some reason.

reflashing obviously fixed my nav bar issue.. will not click the reset button this time :P

magozz
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
quick noob question.. how do i get all my downloaded apps to automatically re download? when i got my phone a few days ago it automatically downloaded all the apps i had from my old phone but flashing to aokp didn't automatically do that for me. is there a way to do this?

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

eh.. clicked reset nav bar in the setting and it completely removed my nav bar and theres no way to get it back.. even rebooting didn't help. it just says system UI error every few seconds on the screen. do i have to reflash the rom to fix?

edit: got my apps to resync after i reflashed the 2nd time. first time didn't prompt me to sync for some reason.

reflashing obviously fixed my nav bar issue.. will not click the reset button this time :P

For the syncing issue you have to wait for your're 4G to start up before clicking anything, at least that has been my experiences when my apps didn't auto download.

mrgoochio
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by magozz View Post
For the syncing issue you have to wait for your're 4G to start up before clicking anything, at least that has been my experiences when my apps didn't auto download.
thanks, also found another bug.. torch doesn't turn off

rmagruder
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Question -- it's been addressed to a certain extent in other threads I've researched but I've never really gotten what I'd call a 'good' answer.

I'm on Build 29 and it looks like it's time to update. But the most painful aspect is the backing up and restoring of my data/apps, etc.

I did a FULL Titanium backup when I went from stock to AOKP, but even when I just said "apps and data" and didn't specify system data, it hoarked the ROM. I had to reboot, reset, download all the titanium backup stuff from my PC and then selectively restore Apps and Data one at a time...so any update with a wipe has been VERY time consuming.

So, if there's anyone doing GNex wipes and updates, what is your preferred technique for minimizing the amount of time required to restore your phone apps & Data, without inadvertently overwriting system settings from a backup that should not be applied to the new ROM?

Also, this is unclear to me STILL, coming from an N1 where all backups were on the SD Card...do I need to backup, copy all those backups and everything (photos etc) to a PC, then copy back after the wipe? Or will the factory reset/wipe leave things like 'sdcard' data (that's not really on the SD since there isn't one) alone?

Thanks in advance for any tips to make this process less painful.

Randy

nexus9988
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Hey just about to download b32 and just curious how good the battery life can get i know a few other roms get ~8 but also apex got like ~2days... just wanted to know where this rom stands.

upther
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmagruder View Post
Question -- it's been addressed to a certain extent in other threads I've researched but I've never really gotten what I'd call a 'good' answer.

I'm on Build 29 and it looks like it's time to update. But the most painful aspect is the backing up and restoring of my data/apps, etc.

I did a FULL Titanium backup when I went from stock to AOKP, but even when I just said "apps and data" and didn't specify system data, it hoarked the ROM. I had to reboot, reset, download all the titanium backup stuff from my PC and then selectively restore Apps and Data one at a time...so any update with a wipe has been VERY time consuming.

So, if there's anyone doing GNex wipes and updates, what is your preferred technique for minimizing the amount of time required to restore your phone apps & Data, without inadvertently overwriting system settings from a backup that should not be applied to the new ROM?

Also, this is unclear to me STILL, coming from an N1 where all backups were on the SD Card...do I need to backup, copy all those backups and everything (photos etc) to a PC, then copy back after the wipe? Or will the factory reset/wipe leave things like 'sdcard' data (that's not really on the SD since there isn't one) alone?

Thanks in advance for any tips to make this process less painful.

Randy
I did a clean wipe when going from B28 to B29. I just restored apps and then went into Titanium and restored data just for the apps I was concerned with, Handcent, some games, Juice Defender, etc.

I did a wipe when going from B29 to B30 but it really messed up my phone so ever since then I've just backed up and flashed over top of the current ROM. Everything has been working flawlessly for me since then.

Pinch to zoom in the camera app is pretty sweet.

bowsersoulstar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Has anyone flashed B32 using TWRP?

Tried doing a complete wipe, then flash using TWRP but keeps getting stuck at Google logo and won't boot.

Only time I was able to flash and boot correctly was by NOT wiping system but that's not really a full wipe to my understanding.

alphanu22
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowsersoulstar View Post
Has anyone flashed B32 using TWRP?

Tried doing a complete wipe, then flash using TWRP but keeps getting stuck at Google logo and won't boot.

Only time I was able to flash and boot correctly was by NOT wiping system but that's not really a full wipe to my understanding.
off of AOKP.co

"Make sure you're on the latest CWM"

bowsersoulstar
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanu22 View Post
off of AOKP.co

"Make sure you're on the latest CWM"
Well that solves that. Thanks.