Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [toro]

Tip us?

oman0123
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Looks like I'll make myself an f2fs version before I head to work. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmclw View Post
Well stock messaging app for me about 15-25 seconds to send MMS. Evolve messaging app a little faster but not much. I'm just happy its actually sending!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Very very nice. MMS is very snappy! It's like a dream! Lol

ddmclw
Old
Thanks Meter 65
And SMS is like bam! Sent. Haha.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ddmclw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cujo6801
Old
Thanks Meter 1793
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman0123 View Post
Looks like I'll make myself an f2fs version before I head to work. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Very very nice. MMS is very snappy! It's like a dream! Lol

If you're lying I'll give you such a pinch.....

Sent from the "DOG" pound
SENT FROM THE DOG POUND

oman0123
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo6801 View Post
If you're lying I'll give you such a pinch.....

Would I lie to you Cuj? Lol

I will put an asterisk next to my results because I DID dirty flash from PA rc2.

But I'm experiencing no issues at all so far. I'll even say it's faster than slim.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oman0123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ozzie12
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I have to admit...after flashing the latest I haven't moved. Like this one a bunch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozzie12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
(Last edited by 7175; 25th June 2014 at 05:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman0123 View Post
Would I lie to you Cuj? Lol

I will put an asterisk next to my results because I DID dirty flash from PA rc2.

But I'm experiencing no issues at all so far. I'll even say it's faster than slim.

Same here, flashed over from PAC ext4 no problem.

I did a system and data cpio backup a few days ago to reformat as f2fs with the 2.7.x.x twrp ext4/f2fs recovery. Uncpio'd my backups , changed mount commands in my scripts to 'toolbox mount -o ...' OR 'busybox mount -t f2fs -o ...', fairly smooth transition. You can do this with sed, this is a very important example:
Code:
sed -iE -- 's/^((busybox\.ndk |busybox |)mount -t f2fs|(busybox |busybox.ndk |)mount) -o/toolbox mount -o/g' /system/{x,}bin/@(sysr*|rootr*)
MMS works perfectly, I use 5 sec delay setting to send, but receive texts instantly. Net has been good with the tweaks I use. I haven't clean flashed since last year lol. I know the data and system dirs inside out so I use my own custom cleaning, highly modified /system. I posted in the dirty V thread how I switched to f2fs, retaining my whole installation. No clean flash or installation needed, but if you run into problems, definitely do some aromafm /data/data/com.android.* cleaning, try flash uninstalling xposed, and run
Code:
for i in system data cache sdcard ; do load_policy /sepolicy; restorecon -R /$i ; done
. Twrp fix_permissions on top of that is a good combo. ****to boot with xposed you must set "/system/bin/app_process" context to "ubject_r:system_file:s0" after a restorecon, use
Code:
chcon u:object_r:system_file:s0 /system/bin/app_process
to change****

A couple other things not to forget about f2fs:
1) Use a f2fs compatible kernel, the stock ROM Kern doesn't work.
2) Make sure "rm -r" format in twrp settings is NOT checked.
|Device| = Galaxy Nexus 'toro' |Batt's| =3800, 1850, 2100b (NFC-stripped) |Radio's| = FK-LTE/FA-cdma
|Bootloader| = PRIMEMD04
|ROM's| = Carbon(d.d. f2fs) + PAC |RECOVERY| = TWRP 2.7.x.x |SU| = SuperSU!
|Kernels| = Dirty V, Fancy, Grakern --- FIOPS'd BFQ; Core:307; VAUX3:2500; COLOR:[Contrast=-2;Gamma=-4;+{-8; -5; -5}; x{175; 175; 200}]

Excellent GNEX[Ref][Guide] -- ART-compatible Apps -- Xposed Repo -- [Tweak]mksh/-rc FULL+ installer -- init.d && cron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
(Last edited by 7175; 9th July 2014 at 05:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Hey guys! Navbar keyboard cursor control with the arrows is back! I've been waiting for this since the first release of kitkat! Goddamn, super glad I don't have to use some ass backwards reach around java-to-shell-to-java input.jar navbar binded jscript or gravbox. Thanks carbon! Been on this ROM for months now. It's rock solid with f2fs and squeaky clean with good performance. 3 thumbs up, (one is bigger lol).

Edit: it should be auto enabled by default.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nvbr.crsr.ctrl.Screenshot_2014-07-08-22-08-28.png
Views:	114
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2841392  
|Device| = Galaxy Nexus 'toro' |Batt's| =3800, 1850, 2100b (NFC-stripped) |Radio's| = FK-LTE/FA-cdma
|Bootloader| = PRIMEMD04
|Kernels| = Dirty V, Fancy, Grakern --- FIOPS'd BFQ; Core:307; VAUX3:2500; COLOR:[Contrast=-2;Gamma=-4;+{-8; -5; -5}; x{175; 175; 200}]

Excellent GNEX[Ref][Guide] -- ART-compatible Apps -- Xposed Repo -- [Tweak]mksh/-rc FULL+ installer -- init.d && cron
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7175 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

infectedorganism
Old
Thanks Meter 179
@7175

Do you mind sharing that 'ass backwards reach around java-to-shell-to-java input.jar navbar binded jscript'? I've been trying to get those cursor keys on this 4.2 ROM I'm using. I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Old
(Last edited by 7175; 9th July 2014 at 09:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedorganism View Post
@7175

Do you mind sharing that 'ass backwards reach around java-to-shell-to-java input.jar navbar binded jscript'? I've been trying to get those cursor keys on this 4.2 ROM I'm using. I'm not sure it will work, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Knew someone else was interested in this! I highly suggest installing xposed framework and using gravitybox jb to add the navbar cursor control you're looking for. Here is the complicated ass_backwards_reach_around method I've used before though:

So this is how dpad up/down/left/right works through app_process and input.jar with the "input" shell command:

Code:
> /system/bin/input keyevent "n"

### "n" is 19 to move up, 20 to move down, 21 to move left, 22 to move right..

### (btw, tab is 61, esc is 111, and ctrl is 113, alt is 57, and enter is 23. You can use terminal ide's {best app ever} keylogger to check keys)
Now what we gotta do is translate this to an "intent" with JScript which is very tricky, and successfully and somewhat more easily add it to the navbar bind string in the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db sqlite database.

Before adding a buttons for left and right cursor control, goto settings and add some dummy's on the far left and right navbar locations, we'll be replacing those next.

Download SQlite Editor and open up /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db, open table "system", and scroll down to the entry name "navigation bar config". Click on field to the right of "navigation bar config" and click the pencil icon to edit. A window should open with your navbar setup something like:
"...far.left.action...|**back**|**home**|**recents **|...|...far.right.action..."

We want to replace the "...far.*.action..." text with intents to cursor control.

This is a sample intent for cursor up, I couldn't find what I was using before but it should be something like this, su is needed in all of this cause its a clearly a hack.
Code:
#Intent;action=Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[]{ "su","-c","input keyevent 19"});end
If that intent doesn't work try search engine-ing "#Intent;action=Runtime.getRuntime().exec(new String[]{ "su","-c","input keyevent 19"});end". Also check this out: http://pastebin.com/T4d7MgXP

Then just exit the sqlite editor, run "sync" in temu, maybe reboot and test it out.

Again though, I strongly recommend using gravity box.

Hope this helps.

BTW, this entire procedure can be wrapped into a very hacky sqlite one-liner that you can fire off from adb. SQLite Editor is much easier to use though, same author as Root Explorer, and Root Explorer should have sqlite editor builtin if you got that. Just thought I'd mention it.

EDIT.. forgot to mention, backup your /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db before editing it. This is like heart surgery. Not aortic but like a lower ventricle patch job.
|Bootloader| = PRIMEMD04

cujo6801
Old
Thanks Meter 1793
7/25 is up....

SENT FROM THE DOG POUND