Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [toro]

Tip us?

Gil Smash
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [toro] Feb 6

Well hot damn! With this many awesome devs it's gotta be good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

infectedorganism
Old
Thanks Meter 202
deleted

thefatalepic
Old
(Last edited by thefatalepic; 7th February 2013 at 09:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME

After first flashing went to a black screen for a couple minutes before showing the bootanimation, had me worried for a bit lol. Nice bootanimation btw. Running pretty smoothly so far. Stutter when swiping between homescreens over a live wallpaper but I'm sure things will improve. I like the ability to change notification drop down background to a custom image.

EDIT: Just a note, I'm assuming tapping the clock in the notification drop down should go to the Clock/Alarm app but it does nothing. I'm assuming tapping on the date should go to Calendar app but it results in "System UI crash" and loses wallpaper lol. Smooth and quick otherwise!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
VZW-S3//CWM//LIQUIDSMOOTH//NOVAPRIME

fcisco13
Old
Thanks Meter 362

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatalepic View Post
After first flashing went to a black screen for a couple minutes before showing the bootanimation, had me worried for a bit lol. Nice bootanimation btw. Running pretty smoothly so far. Stutter when swiping between homescreens over a live wallpaper but I'm sure things will improve. I like the ability to change notification drop down background to a custom image.

EDIT: Just a note, I'm assuming tapping the clock in the notification drop down should go to the Clock/Alarm app but it does nothing. I'm assuming tapping on the date should go to Calendar app but it results in "System UI crash" and loses wallpaper lol. Smooth and quick otherwise!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Haven't flashed it yet but in the process, try seeing if there is an option in settings to set click action for those two.

WHATCHOO TALKING BOUT WILLIS?

melp57
Old
Thanks Meter 30

Should we stay with stock kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Nexus7 [wifi]
[ROM]
Kernel: Stock

jtj1825
Old
Thanks Meter 82

With that dev team i feel i have no choice but to try this rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dg4prez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,744

DONATE TO ME

The calendar app is no longer included in gapps. You need to install it from the play store first. It will not fc if installed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app
Derek - Team Carbon Co-Founder

Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for all things Carbon! | #teamcarbon in irc.freenode.net

Please direct questions to XDA or our Google+ community for other users to answer, or our IRC channel. I cannot answer PMs or even read most of them. Use the search button or our many resources for talking to other users and our devs instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to dg4prez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GherkinSavorus
Old
Thanks Meter 16

So Is this picking up where liquid beta 3.2 left off? Or is this a "start from scratch" build?

Sent via Tapatalk on LiquidSmooth Galaxy Nexus

melp57
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GherkinSavorus View Post
So Is this picking up where liquid beta 3.2 left off? Or is this a "start from scratch" build?

Sent via Tapatalk on LiquidSmooth Galaxy Nexus
I just installed, looks like liquid to me. don't see anything different. I could be wrong though Will wait for Dev to comment.

dg4prez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,744

DONATE TO ME
it's a bit of both. it's a fork, but there's been a lot going on under the hood.

long term, we're probably going to abandon the code entirely. it's a bit of a mess.
Derek - Team Carbon Co-Founder

Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for all things Carbon! | #teamcarbon in irc.freenode.net

Please direct questions to XDA or our Google+ community for other users to answer, or our IRC channel. I cannot answer PMs or even read most of them. Use the search button or our many resources for talking to other users and our devs instead.

The Following User Says Thank You to dg4prez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe