Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Linaro]CarbonRom Nightlies/Releases [toro]

Tip us?

dg4prez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,744

DONATE TO ME
in case anyone is wondering, the delay in boot is due to added support for boot audio. we haven't included any in there, but if you want, you can do so by placing any mp3 named boot_audio.mp3 in /system/media.
Derek - Team Carbon Co-Founder

Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for all things Carbon! | #teamcarbon in irc.freenode.net

Please direct questions to XDA or our Google+ community for other users to answer, or our IRC channel. I cannot answer PMs or even read most of them. Use the search button or our many resources for talking to other users and our devs instead.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dg4prez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

melp57
Old
(Last edited by melp57; 7th February 2013 at 01:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg4prez View Post
it's a bit of both. it's a fork, but there's been a lot going on under the hood.

long term, we're probably going to abandon the code entirely. it's a bit of a mess.
Great job so far. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for your hard work on this release.

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Should we keep the default kernel? Just wondering, seeing a lot of lag.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
in case anyone is wondering, the delay in boot is due to added support for boot audio. we haven't included any in there, but if you want, you can do so by placing any mp3 named boot_audio.mp3 in /system/media.
No music, PLEASE. Leave it as an option. Reason for me, is I flash roms in places where music would not be a good thing
The Following User Says Thank You to melp57 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thefatalepic
Old
Thanks Meter 224

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [toro] Feb 6

Quote:
The calendar app is no longer included in gapps. You need to install it from the play store first. It will not fc if installed.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app
Yes, just came off of a different gapps package so it took me awhile to realize this. After installing no more crash. Tapping time does not take you to Clock app, but there is an alarm clock tile that does.

But also just read the above post of abandoning this code so I'll wait for the next build to say any more lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
VZW-S3//CWM//LIQUIDSMOOTH//NOVAPRIME

NateK
Old
Thanks Meter 82
I just had a new experience. I woke up my phone from sleep and the screen was unresponsive. Turning off the screen and then turning it back on did nothing. I had to do a battery pull. I'm running the latest Franco Kernel and haven't experienced this in the past.

Otherwise, I'm liking the ROM.

dg4prez
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,744

DONATE TO ME
moving to a new base is a long term goal, and we'll likely make it fairly seamless to you guys. we're working on it in parallel. think of this base as transitional, but we're not gonna pull the rug out until we've got something we like better, and that you will too.
Derek - Team Carbon Co-Founder

Follow us on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter for all things Carbon! | #teamcarbon in irc.freenode.net

Please direct questions to XDA or our Google+ community for other users to answer, or our IRC channel. I cannot answer PMs or even read most of them. Use the search button or our many resources for talking to other users and our devs instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dg4prez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

t1.8matt
Old
(Last edited by t1.8matt; 7th February 2013 at 05:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 395
Hey guys,just so you know, the enable nav bar doesn't hide it when you deselect it. I forgot to get a catalog and loaded up another ROM, so I might reflash it and see if it still does it and if it does not work I'll grab one then for you.
Google Nexus 5

Moto X DE

Nexus 7 1G

Gil Smash
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I get an FC when trying to select a new keyboard, tried fixing permissions and it didnt work.

fickendichdu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I seem to have lost the ability to have NFC on now. Is there any advice on how to re-enable it?

ophidia
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Dirty flashed over Liquid 3.2. No issues so far. I'm running Franco's #364 nightly.

Joediver53
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom JB 4.2.1 [toro] Feb 6

Before I flash. Just curious about what kernel is stock on this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe