Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4] CM9 Kang *Updated 6/27 8:50pm*

Tip us?
 
codemonkey85
Old
#361  
codemonkey85's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 122
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: http://goo.gl/Wd4id
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburnette87 View Post
Its installed. Secure element error, got an apk that works?
If you have a nandroid from when it was working, restore to that. If you don't, it sounds like your Secure Element has locked you out. I hate to be the one to tell you... without a nandroid backup, you will probably need a new phone to use Wallet.

 
91ludesit
Old
#362  
91ludesit's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 298
Join Date: Jun 2009
Winner, loved your droid 1 roms. How close are you to another build? I only ask because I don't want to install the 01/03 build only to find out there is a new one this afternoon.
 
sinik420
Old
#363  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 1,086
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
If you have a nandroid from when it was working, restore to that. If you don't, it sounds like your Secure Element has locked you out. I hate to be the one to tell you... without a nandroid backup, you will probably need a new phone to use Wallet.

And why won't a wipe fix that


Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
 
sinik420
Old
#364  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 1,086
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ludesit View Post
Winner, loved your droid 1 roms. How close are you to another build? I only ask because I don't want to install the 01/03 build only to find out there is a new one this afternoon.
Takes about 3 minutes to update. Never ask for eta's

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
 
jakeh0
Old
#365  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 24
Join Date: May 2010
Loving this ROM. One thing I really noticed is that text correction is available in the browser, which was not working on my stock 4.0.2
 
DSMDev
Old
#366  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 11
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfreak95 View Post
Running this ROM with Nova Launcher instead of Trebuchet and it rocks. Nova is light years ahead. Was kinda hopin that CM9 would add AVRCP 1.3 support but alas my car stereo is still without song names. Hopefully soon!

So far everything seems to be working for me.

Thanks for compiling this, much appreciated!
I've been wondering about this. Out of the box, my Droid X sent song metadata to my car stereo over bluetooth.

How did we lose this ICS?
 
player911
Old
#367  
player911's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 903
Posts: 6,803
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cincinnati

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eallan View Post
Fantastic ROM. Just one thing I don't like: the buttons move and squish together when the menu is present. Moving buttons isn't a great idea. Any option the change it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
I agree. Finger placement is habit and a hard one. Although I am on the fence with it because I've done both sides. RootzBoat has it where the buttons are static placed. The Menu and Search buttons can be shown or hidden on the fly via settings. However they don't move around, thus when only 3 are visible, they are still smushed together in the middle with lots of extra space on the sides. It looked horrible unless you use all 5.

So I like where CM is going with this, except they need to make the menu key permanent if opted to be displayed in the navigation bar. Having it pop up "when needed" and moving the buttons won't work.

It either needs to be there all the time or not at all. Then auto-adjusting buttons would be perfect.

Here's what I'd like in a 3 button layout:
Back/Close (Hold)
Task/Home (Hold)
Menu/Search (Hold)

I wish they could combine the Menu and Search buttons. I don't really need a dedicated key for Search when I only use it for Google Voice Search on the homescreen.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

0101100101
 
sinik420
Old
#368  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 115
Posts: 1,086
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911 View Post
I agree. Finger placement is habit and a hard one. Although I am on the fence with it because I've done both sides. RootzBoat has it where the buttons are static placed. The Menu and Search buttons can be shown or hidden on the fly via settings. However they don't move around, thus when only 3 are visible, they are still smushed together in the middle with lots of extra space on the sides. It looked horrible unless you use all 5.

So I like where CM is going with this, except they need to make the menu key permanent if opted to be displayed in the navigation bar. Having it pop up "when needed" and moving the buttons won't work.

It either needs to be there all the time or not at all. Then auto-adjusting buttons would be perfect.

Here's what I'd like in a 3 button layout:
Back/Close (Hold)
Task/Home (Hold)
Menu/Search (Hold)

I wish they could combine the Menu and Search buttons. I don't really need a dedicated key for Search when I only use it for Google Voice Search on the homescreen.
Then how often would people complain about having a useless menu button there when its not needed. Only having it when needed is perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
 
winner00
Old
#369  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,053
Posts: 516
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91ludesit View Post
Winner, loved your droid 1 roms. How close are you to another build? I only ask because I don't want to install the 01/03 build only to find out there is a new one this afternoon.
Expect one tonight unless something comes up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
For all things Carbon, check out our website:[ Carbon Rom | Keep up to date with our nightlies by checking the changelog: Carbon Nightly Changelog

Keep up to date by joining our Google+ community: Team Carbon | +1 us on Google+ Carbon on Google+

Like us on Facebook: CarbonRom Facebook | Download the rom on our site: Carbon Downloads


 
amdhunter
Old
#370  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 141
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bronx
Anyone notice a problem with Exchange not giving notification sounds?
If it ain't broke, fix it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes