Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly

Tip us?

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 28th December 2013 at 12:21 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3190

DONATE TO ME
Default [ROM][Official] CyanogenMod 11 Nightly

CyanogenMod 11

Code:
Select Code
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/toro/next

INSTRUCTIONS:

- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Do a Nandroid backup!
2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
3. Install the ROM
4. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM 11

1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?

- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred

NIGHTLY BUILDS

Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!

M-Series

Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.

We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.

M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.

RELEASE CANDIDATE

Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.

THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:

* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
* Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
* Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
* Bugs w/ Google apps
* Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)

DOWNLOADS:

CM 11.0 Nightly

http://get.cm/?type=nightly&device=toro

GAPPS:

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
5 Million + Members Heads Are Better Than One
The Following 108 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 3rd October 2012 at 04:41 AM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3190

DONATE TO ME
For those of you with gallery sync issues a work around has been posted below

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioryte View Post
Y'all with gallery sync issues, download this
https://www.box.com/shared/5f825b653db2a20b0058
And push to system/app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3190

DONATE TO ME
Also reserved
The Following User Says Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

liam.lah
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
**** yeah

slayer621
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Thank science!! I have the most fitting boner right now.
Droid 3 with Gummy 1.2.0 (Unthemed) [Retired]

Galaxy Nexus with CNA 3.6.6 and Franco's Kernel [Retired]

Galaxy S4 with KitKang 01-22-14 and Stock Kernel
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slayer621 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matt Devo
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post

GAPPS:

If you can't find these yourself you may want to reconsider flashing anything at all to your phone.
wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Matt Devo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anotherdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Devo View Post
wow, that's pretty dickish. Considering the plethora of different JB gapps packages floating around, many of which have serious issues (ie, calendar sync), wouldn't it just be easier to link to a known working copy than to be snarky about it?
agreed. so... "i'm so cool because i posted a CM10 build that i can barely help the community out any further."

good stuff, xda... good stuff.
Moto X || Archos 101 - 2.2.1 - URUK1.0 anothersaab.com
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anotherdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
(Last edited by mark manning; 18th August 2012 at 11:33 PM.)
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherdroid View Post
agreed. so... "i'm so cool because i posted a CM10 build that i can barely help the community out any further."

good stuff, xda... good stuff.

Quote:
I found this in a simple search

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Lat...on/Google_Apps

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Matt Devo
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark manning View Post
so put that in the OP instead.

The CM10/JB gapps link on that page is a relatively recent addition (I'd assume coincidental with the official nightlies starting); people who have been flashing the unofficial nightlies (or other ROMs) have not had the benefit of that link, most likely having a direct link from the OP of their ROM's thread, and then come here and get told they shouldn't be flashing if they can't find it themselves. Who does that benefit?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matt Devo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mark manning
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3190

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
so put that in the OP instead.

The CM10/JB gapps link on that page is a relatively recent addition (I'd assume coincidental with the official nightlies starting); people who have been flashing the unofficial nightlies (or other ROMs) have not had the benefit of that link, most likely having a direct link from the OP of their ROM's thread, and then come here and get told they shouldn't be flashing if they can't find it themselves. Who does that benefit?
It teaches people to be self reliant. FYI I got that part from a cm dev

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mark manning For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cyanogenmod 10, cyanogenmod 11, cyanogenmod galaxy nexus