* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications.
Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod.
- First time flashing CM 11 to your Galaxy Nexus (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Do a Nandroid backup!
2. FULL WIPE (Data, cache, and dalvik cache)
3. Install the ROM
4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from earlier CM 11
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Wipe cache and dalvik cache
3. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
Are HIGHLY experimental. Do not post issues to the issue tracker. Chances are the CM team already knows about the issue and are working to fix it. Be patient flash the next nightly. Complaning about battery life or any number of issues will not change a thing as to that these are EXPERIMENTAL builds!!!
Something we have learned over the past few months is that if you don’t release, someone else will do it for you. Since we are open-source, we absolutely encourage it! Unfortunately, the quality of unofficial builds can vary, and we are serious about quality. Of course nightlies are always available, but we realized that having something that is a bit more stable on a more frequent basis is important. Starting now, we are rolling out our M-Series releases. M-Series builds will be done at the beginning of every month. We did a soft freeze of the code base for the last week, blocking new features in order to stabilize. Our plan is to continue this (assuming that the response is good) up until stable release, and onward.
We aren't exactly sure what M stands for. “Monthly”, “milestone”, or perhaps “MINE ALL MINE!”. Whatever it is, I hope that we are meeting the needs of community.
M-Series builds will be available under the EXPERIMENTAL tag. The filename will include the date stamp as well as the M version. These builds should be stable enough for daily use, and we encourage feedback and bug reports.
Everything is believed to be working at the time of release.
THE FOLLOWING ISSUES ARE NOT CM PROBLEMS, AND CAN NOT BE FIXED IN CM:
* Force closes / "boot loops" / bad permissions / etc when using Titanium Backup
* Non-working third-party camera apps that access the camera incorrectly via native code
* Battery usage/bluetooth/wifi/rebooting/etc problems while using a third-party kernel
* Bugs w/ Google apps
* Bugs w/ the recovery image (i.e., turning the screen on when you charge from off)
CM 11.0 Nightly
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!