Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 {Toro} v7.9

Tip us?

quickdraw86
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke33 View Post
Best I've used yet. Which kernel are most using for best battery life?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Fancy kernel here. r54 and r56 have treated me the best overall...
Devices:

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32gb (flo)
ROM: Jdevil/Slimkat

Phone: Galaxy Nexus 32gb
ROM: Slimkat/Commotio

Clarke33
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw86 View Post
Fancy kernel here. r54 and r56 have treated me the best overall...
Which one should I use for this rom? regular 4.4 fancy kernel or Fancy anykernel2??

quickdraw86
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhohitr View Post
Which one should I use for this rom? regular 4.4 fancy kernel or Fancy anykernel2??
That depends. If you are using this rom, are using the included kernel, and haven't flashed a custom kernel onto your current installation, you can use either the anykernel or fixed ramdisk versions of fancy kernel. If you're flashing fancy onto an installation that you've already installed a separate custom kernel onto, use the fixed ramdisk version of fancy, or dirty flash the ROM onto itself to get the included kernel back, then use either version afterwards.
Devices:

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32gb (flo)
ROM: Jdevil/Slimkat

Phone: Galaxy Nexus 32gb
ROM: Slimkat/Commotio
The Following User Says Thank You to quickdraw86 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,506
I have tried ALL ROM for Nexus and this ROM is the best, specially the data switching. I found one and only one issue is that my phone only stay on 3g, I went into settings and switched to 4g, but if I turn of data or reboot, it went back to 3g settings. I wondering is there a fix or work around for this. Thanks..

JDog2pt0
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
I have tried ALL ROM for Nexus and this ROM is the best, specially the data switching. I found one and only one issue is that my phone only stay on 3g, I went into settings and switched to 4g, but if I turn of data or reboot, it went back to 3g settings. I wondering is there a fix or work around for this. Thanks..
Are you just looking at the setting? Or your actual signal? I get 4G fine even though the setting says 3G. Regarding the setting, it seems to be a bug of sorts present in many of the roms I've used, even on my other phone. When it works it works, when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to affect the radio.

dbt816
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Quote:
I noticed that as well, but I also don't have a problem getting an LTE signal when it's available. However, it seems that this ROM has the same problems I have on Liquid Smooth where it cannot keep a consistent 3G/LTE connection. I drove about 30 miles yesterday through an area I know has good LTE service and it was constantly switching between 3G and LTE and even dropping out completely. That's no fun at all when you're relying on a navigation app to get you somewhere!

In the end, I don't guess it matters if the maintainer can't get a replacement device

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog2pt0 View Post
Are you just looking at the setting? Or your actual signal? I get 4G fine even though the setting says 3G. Regarding the setting, it seems to be a bug of sorts present in many of the roms I've used, even on my other phone. When it works it works, when it doesn't, it doesn't seem to affect the radio.
Yeah, I have 5 phones in my house, and they all get 4g except for mine (nexus). After I went into settings and set to 4g, I do see 4g on the status bar for a few minutes, long enough for me to run a speed test which indicated I'm on 4g, but then after 5 min it switched back to 3g and speed test indicated it's actually on 3g. Some how I think that the actual signal is dictating the settings, if when the signal is 4g, I went into settings and it said 4g, The normal behavior should be when ever I set in settings, it should stay at that settings.