Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,591 Members 36,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][01/07/2013] FactoryROM Project:2013 v1.0

Tip us?

bamfart
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolreconlol View Post
Any reports on battery life yet? I'm not really happy with my monthly cm10 series, so I'm looking to switch!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I would also like to know this. I'm getting about 4 on pa.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nutpn
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default got a question

Dont know if my wifi is not working right or not
On 1.0 I had 45 for a real good wifi signal and as wifi got weaker it climbed up.
On 2.0 my wifi signal is 100% ,,dont know if my wifi is messed up on rom or?
Got a great output from wireless router...

US Marines-"NO EASY DAY" Except Yesterday
Semper Fi

mtbhk44
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturocald View Post
I would also like to know this. I'm getting about 4 on pa.

I got 22 hours yesterday on the VZ extended battery. I had more than 2 hours of screen time if that's helpful. I was on 4g for half the time and then wifi for the other half.

OK - first of all, this ROM is great. I've been LOOKING for reasons to switch out, and I'm having trouble finding any. The only hiccup I've found is when I'm connected via Bluetooth. Two things there: 1. My music player starts up automatically (no, it's not part of my settings). Most of the time when I'm connected via bluetooth, it's for the music player anyway so it's not a huge deal, but no matter what I do, I cannot get Power Amp to stop playing. I hit the pause button, kill the app and it comes right back as soon as I turn my screen off. 2. Trying to use the voice dictation to text or email when on bluetooth is hit or miss. Sometimes it will work, other times it will not. I have now found this on 3 or 4 different ROMS so it's not just this one. I think it must be something in the source code - not sure. And it's very sluggish. The second I disconnect via bluetooth everything works perfectly.

I guess one more thing and this might be a function of being underclocked at 700 mhz, when I have the music player on and the screen is off, when I turn the screen on to do something, the music player hiccups a little bit. Nothing terrible, but it's almost like the phone is working too hard. I have NOT tried to ramp back up to stock 1.2 b/c I'm enjoying the awesome battery life underclocked.

Now that 2.0 is out, I will try this tonight. Can I dirty flash or should I wipe this thing clean and then install?

Thanks for your hard work - I am really enjoying this one.

vince7
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I dig this

MyComputerDoctor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
I got 22 hours yesterday on the VZ extended battery. I had more than 2 hours of screen time if that's helpful. I was on 4g for half the time and then wifi for the other half.

OK - first of all, this ROM is great. I've been LOOKING for reasons to switch out, and I'm having trouble finding any. The only hiccup I've found is when I'm connected via Bluetooth. Two things there: 1. My music player starts up automatically (no, it's not part of my settings). Most of the time when I'm connected via bluetooth, it's for the music player anyway so it's not a huge deal, but no matter what I do, I cannot get Power Amp to stop playing. I hit the pause button, kill the app and it comes right back as soon as I turn my screen off. 2. Trying to use the voice dictation to text or email when on bluetooth is hit or miss. Sometimes it will work, other times it will not. I have now found this on 3 or 4 different ROMS so it's not just this one. I think it must be something in the source code - not sure. And it's very sluggish. The second I disconnect via bluetooth everything works perfectly.

I guess one more thing and this might be a function of being underclocked at 700 mhz, when I have the music player on and the screen is off, when I turn the screen on to do something, the music player hiccups a little bit. Nothing terrible, but it's almost like the phone is working too hard. I have NOT tried to ramp back up to stock 1.2 b/c I'm enjoying the awesome battery life underclocked.

Now that 2.0 is out, I will try this tonight. Can I dirty flash or should I wipe this thing clean and then install?

Thanks for your hard work - I am really enjoying this one.
I would do a full wipe, although you can get away with a dirty flash if need be. I have posted the instructions on the OP. I will look into the Bluetooth issues also..

If you enjoy my work, let me know I'm on the right path. Hit the "Thanks" button.
Twitter: @FactoryROM
Donate: Donate to FactoryROM

blame2
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Waiting for more feedback but very interested in this rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

nutpn
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Default great rom

Great rom,I thank you a ton.
I loaded my usual stuff on it that I use.
I also used Team Baked Inverted Gapps with it and they add the rest of the invertedness,anyway thanks for a very nice functioning rom..
Here is link to Team Baked inverted gapps
http://goo.im/devs/BAKED/gapps

US Marines-"NO EASY DAY" Except Yesterday
Semper Fi
The Following User Says Thank You to nutpn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MyComputerDoctor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 621

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blame2 View Post
Waiting for more feedback but very interested in this rom.

Just flash.. It won't hurt, I promise..

If you enjoy my work, let me know I'm on the right path. Hit the "Thanks" button.
Twitter: @FactoryROM
Donate: Donate to FactoryROM

thedoman
Old
Thanks Meter 81
This ROM is the bomb. Good job.

Sent from Alpha Centauri using solar radiation

mtbhk44
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I installed 2.0 last night. Very nice. Really like this ROM. It is so stable on my device. The one thing on this update I don't care for is the blackened messaging app. I unchecked the "Use Dark Theme" option but it didn't make a difference. Is there a way to un-invert the colors on this app?

Thanks again for all of your hard work.