[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-LTE(06/07/13) The Final Call

Tip us?

luke61456789
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Default Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-LTE(01/30/13) Nothing Compares

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpark32 View Post
Anybody got a link to the superwipe .zip file? I seem to have misplaced my file...

Thanks!

Sent from my Sourcerized GNex using Tapatalk 2
Here ya go. http://db.tt/b6WjALWw

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luke61456789 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butikofer08
Old
Thanks Meter 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
make a backup in twrp.....

whenever ready to restore, do a factory reset.....

Restore backup from twrp.

Golden!
Exactly the steps I follow every time....so not sure what the deal is. Its like my gapps aren't part of the backup and they get wiped upon factory reset

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Is the super wipe script really necessary? I was told by someone In the S2 forums it was pointless....

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465

I've never used it on any of the phones I have used and never had issues. Others swear by it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to tdevaughn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by butikofer08 View Post
Exactly the steps I follow every time....so not sure what the deal is. Its like my gapps aren't part of the backup and they get wiped upon factory reset

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Is the super wipe script really necessary? I was told by someone In the S2 forums it was pointless....
I've never used super wipe, and frankly don't know what steps it might be performing (never looked at it very closely). Before flashing a new ROM, I generally wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System (probably unnecessary, but I do it anyway), and also perform a Factory Reset (slightly redundant too, but can't hurt). Takes all of a couple of minutes, and the phone is clean and ready for the new ROM.
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate
The Following User Says Thank You to jonstrong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by butikofer08 View Post
Exactly the steps I follow every time....so not sure what the deal is. Its like my gapps aren't part of the backup and they get wiped upon factory reset[COLOR="Silver"]
Interesting...though a bother, no doubt. I must admit, having created nandroids faithfully over the last couple of years of flashing, I've never actually had the occasion to use one. I'd think that the GApps would restore along with the ROM, though.

I created a separate "flash" directory on my virtual SD card. Any time I download a new ROM I copy it there. I also keep a copy of the most recent GApps in there are well. If I'm in a modding kind of mood, I keep mod zips there as well. This way, it's incredibly easy to first up TWRP, wipe the phone clean, and then queue up flashing of ROM, GApps and any mods. I imagine I'd probably treat a nandroid the same way as a ROM, as this would give me the latest GApps, which might be more current than any GApps that were part of the nandroid (assuming it actually DOES include them!).
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Inverted gapps are now updated... they also work with 4.5.5/4.5.6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdevaughn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

butikofer08
Old
Thanks Meter 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevaughn View Post
Inverted gapps are now updated... they also work with 4.5.5/4.5.6
OK to wipe cache/delvik and flash gapps inverted? or do we need to do a full wipe with ROM flash to remove previously installed gapps....

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
just wipe cache
The Following User Says Thank You to tdevaughn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nalij
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Question Exchange PIN Bypass Mod

Love the ROM.

Just wanted to drop a note that the Exchange Pin mod has been updated to 4.2. And is fully compatible (for me at least) with JBSv4.5

(JBSourcery Tools > Mods > Exchange Bypass 4.1 <<< This one is outdated)

Here is the link to the JB4.2 compatible version -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1749921

Hope this helps someone.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Maybe I am slow (there are alot of options) but I cannot seem to find this option/mod anywhere.

Anyway to get Picasa to integrate back into the Gallery?

I flashed the 'Not Seeing Media Fix' from the mods section but to no avail. Appreciate anyone that know's the trick, letting me know.
Mobile Device History
Nokia 33 >> LG VX8100 >> Palm Treo 700w >> Samsung SCH-i730 >> LG Voyager >> Blackberry Curve 8300 >> Original HTC Incredible ICS-Deck AOKP >> VzW Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE Pure Toro 4.3 >> VzW LG G2

Tablet History
Stock Nexus 10 on 4.4
Original Xoom WiFi (2.5 years in it did require a trip back to Motorola to fix a touchscreen issue)

tdevaughn
Old
Thanks Meter 465
Thanks for the info... added to the mods